Gamers should invest in bread machines and slow cookers

You will never find a non-stick pan in my house. Nothing to do with health they just don’t hold up to high heat. Carbon steel is they way to go imo. Lighter than cast iron and if seasoned right (I like the salt and potato skin seasoning method) they are just as non-stick.

What part of the world doesn’t use a pressure cooker?

I’ve seen it in Indian cooking, US cooking, Lebanon, Senegal, Venezuela, Peru. Philippines

1 Like

Most household American dishes don’t need high heat. I mean, maybe Steaks, but that’s more of a grilling/cast Iron thing. I’d never cook a steak in just a non-stick.

That’s just it. I can go from searing a stake to the oven with one pan. Then the next morning I can make an omelette all with one pan. I also don’t stick to just American dishes. We love French and English dishes in my house. High heat is used quite a lot in some of that cooking.

I’ve never been able to get down with slow cookers. Maybe it’s because the only vegetable I like cooked is onions. Slow cooked carrots with beef are the bane of my existence I can’t think of anything worse.

As for bread I’m not a connoisseur so making it myself is more work than a loaf of wonder bread. I dig sour dough but we don’t really do that back east which is a shame.

I’ve never used a bread machine. I make bread but it’s like, whole wheat flour, unsweetened applesauce, honey, fruit, nuts, all natural Diabetic friendly stuff. Pretty yummy stuff, if I do say so myself. Plus, with the all natural stuff and high fiber fruits I can even have a slice or two without insulin.

My crock pot is a staple, though. I honestly probably use it at least once a week for something. You can make more than just a slow cooked slab of meat and a few veggies in those you know :wink:

1 Like

If you like sourdough can I recommend a youtube channel to you. Might give it a try. You might not do it now but it’s a fun hobby with great benefits. Ie better tasting and healthier bread. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcl83sSKVJpPLylAvXYTM7Q

3 Likes

Heck yes thanks for that !

1 Like

I like doing bread by hand usually.

It’s more fun doing all the steps yourself and getting a good workout really kneading and punching that dough~

2 Likes

NP and happy baking.

2 Likes

I made sourdough focaccia with green olives sundried tomato and Italian herbs today. I think I might have gained a pound or 2. but I always tell people the kneading counters all the eating. :grinning:

1 Like

The booklet that came with my Oster says you can make jam in a bread machine and I am tempted to try something like apple butter just to, idk, ruin the pot out of curiosity.

My family is big on pressure cookers.

One day, I’ll be brave enough to try making a cobbler. That’s my skeptical one.

Edit: I missed the “in the bread machine” part, I meant a cobbler in the crock pot.

I love my big enamel cast iron Dutch over I can do anything a slow cooker can do

My SO breaks out the insta pot, and I start to groan. Odds are it’s steak and potatoes again. Not my favorite thing

1 Like

??? TF you doing boiling a steak?

1 Like

People don’t own slow cookers?! Savages!! :wink:

Use mine all the time. Especially during meatball / stew season. Yes, meatballs have their own season. To not honor the novel concept of meat in a ball cooked in red sauce with sharp provolone melted in, with it’s own season is shameful. But I digress, yeah slow cookers are pretty good.

Never thought about buying a bread machine though.

Apparently. It’s more of a…this needs to thaw faster thing then finish cooking

Tell your SO to put the frozen steak in a plastic freezer baggie and fill it up with as much beer as it will safely hold, store in fridge overnight to slow defrost and marinade.

1 Like