Gamers should invest in bread machines and slow cookers

Put the flour on the beef and brown it first. Beef Stew. I have a chicken rotisserie. Very easy to use.

That just hasn’t been my experience eating bread machine bread from family and friends. And i know a bit about bread, having worked in a commercial bakery (not a nice place to work!)

3 Likes

Air Fryers are a rip off.

That’s Heresy !

I make beef stew in a slow cooker like once every week. Costs like $7 and makes enough food for two days. Highly recommend.

2 Likes

It’s just a convection oven.

3 Likes

$7? I can’t find any cut of beef for $7.

2 Likes

but it’s not as great as pizza and mountain dew now is it

I stopped using all those counter clutter things.

I can accomplish what ever I need in a nice heavy pot with a lid.

2 Likes

My countertop air-fryer doesn’t heat up the entire house like the full-size range does. It has been consistently over 110º outside for the last two months so keeping the temp down inside saves money. Plus the full size range doesn’t have convection.

3 Likes

++ for a cast iron pan. Those things can do everything and survive the apocalypse.

3 Likes

For sure, I have one of those

beef is gross to eat, but i love my slow cooker.
lamb is the yummiest of yums.
:sheep:

I am a big fan of carbon steel pans much lighter unless I need a pot then a cast iron dutch oven is the way to go.

You didn’t have to go there, but you did anyway. Boo to you.

/moo :cow:

Face it… you just got upsold a convection oven that sits on your counter when you already have one. Google it.

1 Like

You need a good casserole dish, a cookie sheet, a pressure cooker (not Instant Pot), non-stick omelete pan, stock pot, Dutch Oven, and a non-stick or cast iron pan too cook just about any American meal.

Bonus points for a rotisserie and rice cooker.

If you have more than that in your kitchen, you got had by salesmanship.

I think the glory of the pasta machine is in making dumplings like ravioli and dim sum. I ended up with a nice electric one before I had to go gluten-free.

I’m not into slow cookers. I have a number of different sizes of old-fashioned stovetop pressure cookers, and I use them all the time.

1 Like

i’ve got a standard set of saucepans (one with a steamer)
a baking dish, a non stick fry pan, a slow cooker, and a wok.
…plus a microwave soup mug, and a couple of microwave containers.

i have no idea what i’d do with a pressure cooker, i don’t know what a stock pot is, and a dutch oven is isn’t something you’d want to cook with in my part of the world :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I love my slow cooker. So, so many recipes to try still.

Oh, I’m about to have an air fryer too. Much excite.