Gamers should invest in bread machines and slow cookers

Waiting for it to cool down before cooking up a vat of stew. :slight_smile: Just in a pot, though. Don’t have a slow cooker, currently.

1 Like

I have a crazy good Cincinnati chili recipe using the instant pot.

4 Likes

mine is star wars themed.

1 Like

Haven’t used my bread machine in over a decade. Even though I have made bread. A slow cooker is good for soup and stew season. The instant pot has been relegated to boiling eggs and cooking rice.

Want to know what I use daily? A multipurpose countertop air-fryer/convection oven. It has even replaced the toaster.

1 Like

Mine is the pioneering woman one Walmart had for sale a few years ago. Got it for $35 lol.

1 Like

I’m making Ginger Beef and Peppers tonight in mine

1 Like

So I am bringing my 4 kids and the wife over to your house. That sounds darn good!

1 Like

Also if they run out of seasoning for their beef its no problem. Gamers have an endless supply of salt.

2 Likes

Or you can just buy microwave ramen

1 Like

I love my crock pot, I use it at least once a week.

2 Likes

I’m terrified of anything that needs to vent steam. Slow cooker doesn’t even really boil it just simmers safely while I run dungeons.

One thing I will always make by hand now is tortillas. They are so easy, and for extra flavour, you can use the drippins from ground beef to fry them up.

1 Like

Put it on top of your cabinets

1 Like

Ramen and an electric kettle :ok_hand:

1 Like

No way on the bread machine. Hand made bread tastes so much better. And it’s not as dense.

5 Likes

BBQ jackfruit in the slow cooker for 8 hours is amazing.

When I was younger, my parents had a bread machine and it was amazing. To be honest, I kind of forgot they even existed. I may have to get myself one.

Yeah, I have left mine running cooking a nice beef stew while I ran to the gym and went to pick up my dry cleaning. Love that thing, it is easy and totally dependable. Another good thing to look into is an air fryer.

Slow cooked chuck stew. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

That’s just wrong ingredients / wrong ratio. machine flour and machine yeast aren’t a scam, they have their own purpose. You can make french bread that’s crusty and full of holes in a machine.

1 Like

My slow-cooker see’s use at least twice a month. Nothing beats beef stew or chili from scratch in a slow cooker. The fast method with the seasoning packets will just never be as good.

My InstantPot, though, is the real work horse. Weekly use, even if it’s just potato salad, hard boiled eggs, and shredded chicken. Potato salad makes a great lunch snack, hard boiled eggs are a great anytime snack, and shredded chicken goes in quesadilla’s, stuffed mushrooms or peppers, and a few other staples in my house. Plus I use it to make rice (I could get a rice cooker but my InstantPot does fine once I narrowed down the ratios).

The real criminal in my kitchen is the second coffee machine my husband insists on (but then uses all my Nespresso pods when I splurge for them instead of his machine).

Edit: The InstantPot can be a slow cooker but my experience with it is sub-par at-best.

2 Likes

Also in Air Fryers. I resisted them for a long time but once I got one I’ll never go back!

2 Likes