Gamers should invest in bread machines and slow cookers

Another recipe I like to make is Slow Cooker enchilada bowls.

Ingredients

• 3 clove garlic
  • 1/2 medium onion
  • 1 medium bell pepper, red
  • 14 1/2 ounce diced tomatoes, canned
  • 2 pound boneless chicken thighs
  • 2 cup enchilada sauce
  • 1 teaspoon cumin, ground
  • 1 teaspoon chili powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon oregano, dried
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 15 ounce black beans, canned
  • 1 cup corn, frozen

Toppings

• 8 medium tortillas, corn
  • 4 cup brown rice, cooked
  • 2 medium avocado
  • 1/4 cup cilantro
  • 1/2 cup Mexican cheese blend, shredded

Instructions

• Mince garlic, and dice onion and red bell pepper into small pieces. Partially drain diced tomatoes by pouring off excess liquid from the top of the can.

• Spray slow cooker with cooking spray. Drop in diced onion, then chicken breasts, then pour 1/2 cup of enchilada sauce so that it coats the chicken.

• Next, pour in diced tomatoes, spices, salt, garlic, black beans, red bell pepper, and corn. Finally, pour 1 cup of enchilada sauce over everything and give a quick stir to the top ingredients.

• Turn slow cooker on “low” for 7-8 hours. Once chicken is tender, mix everything well. Use the mixing spoon to help shred or break up chicken into pieces of desired size.

• Serve over corn tortillas and/or cooked brown rice. Top with avocado, cilantro, cheese, and remaining 1/2 cup enchilada sauce, as desired.

1 Like

Hell yeah. Crock pots for life yo. Makes the house smell gud all day too.

1 Like

Slow Cooker Curry is good too

Ingrediants

• 2 pounds of boneless chicken thighs
  • 2 tablespoons of Curry powder
  • 1 tablespoon of Garam Masala
  • 1 Tablespoon of ground turmeric
  • 3 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 1 medium onion, diced
  • 3 bell peppers, diced
  • 1 bag of peas and carrots
  • 2 cups of Vegetable broth
  • 1 can of coconut milk OR one 16oz container of plain yogurt.

Instructions

1. Put everything in crockpot, set to low for 7-8 hours. Once chicken is cooked and tender, break apart with mixing spoon while stirring the curry.

2. Serve over basmati or jasmine rice, but regular rice will do, or if you have it, a few slices of flatbread or Nann.

1 Like

Got my sous vide cooker. Best way to cook a steak, period. Two hours then 2 minutes in the cast iron.

i make home made chili with the slow cooker , and beef stew, gives me a stamina boost while gaming.

1 Like