Gamers’ Choice Awards Nomination

I’ve deleted a couple responses to this now.
I want to give a constructuve response but the more I think about it the more this post is so full of audacity I can barely stomache it.
We can’t get responses from blues for clarification on simple topics yet here you are asking for us to vote for wow for a gamers choice award?
The game is incomplete and riddled with issues and you seriously think we should vote for that?
Are you guys even gamers any more?
This is a complete slap to the face with a kick to the groin and a sucker punch from behind.
I am done defending you guys. You want to be better at communications? Start communicating.
You want people to stop bombing blues with off topic questions when they reply to a topic? Start communicating.
Your presence is not felt here unless you’re locking posts and silencing people.
Perfect example. The other day a thread gets locked.
The blue leaves a note clarifying that we can not talk about disciplinary actions and silences are indeed done manually.
That could have been posted in the thread.
Furthermore there is still confusion on whether or not a single player can flag a post with there alts triggering a gm review.
This has to do with good communication.
That was a chance for you.
Instead you guys lock the topic which had multiple concerns and leave a note addressing one question.

I believe there are things from both sides to improve communication.
Thinking we will vote for wow based on past glory is a fools errand.
It does not deserve an award in its current state.
Maybe for art and music. Gameplay, story, and replayability are not there though.
This post tells me the line about getting better at communications is just lip service.
Actions speak louder than words.
Your actions show you don’t care about the game or player base. Just image and bottom line.
Talk the talk. Now walk the walk blizz.
I’ll take my ban. Cheers.

18 Likes

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.
I will subject myself to the registration process for the sole purpose of voting against this game.

Quote the Thunder King; “You have earned my ire.”

11 Likes

Ya got me, Ion!

4 Likes

well, thanks for the reminder. omw to vote for FFXIV.

8 Likes

This thread is still going, lmao.

2 Likes

Do I need a phone to vote?

6 Likes

Same lol, basically just picked stuff I knew, or anything other than Blizz titles. Mind boggling a blue posts about wow getting nominated for an award, but not to the 100s of legit question/feedback posts around.

6 Likes

Gave WoW a fair shake. Used an online raffle name picker. Let RNG decide.

WoW lost. Eve got my vote for one category and Monster Hunter: World
got the other.

11 Likes

They’re so disconnected from the community, aren’t they.

5 Likes

Voted for FF14.

6 Likes

What part of the negative feedback so far makes you think WoW is a fan favorite right now?

7 Likes

I love this!
Yup.
Im doing the same thing.
Let RNG decide who I vote for.
Devs love RNG…

5 Likes

I do play FF and WoW both and I will flatout tell you FF is better. Better class design, better encounter and instance design, better and more varied art design, better community interaction and feedback response, better story, more things to do every single update than WoW offers, etc.

As much as you want to kiss WoW’s butt, it has massive glaring flaws going on in BfA that blizzard is just scratching the surface of fixing in 8.1. WoW was the best MMO (keyword being was). Unless Blizzard cleans up their act and we get better class design, and just faster and better response to the mass of issues ingame, it’s no where close to the best MMO.

Don’t sit here talking crap on FF when I bet you haven’t even played it, especially to max level and did content relevant enough to form a proper opinion on the game.

14 Likes

Congrats! This is one of my favorite expansions and I hope it the best! :grinning:

Boo.

This is pure utter BS.

BfA does not deserve it.

Find it odd… only in two places…
That is saying a lot right there

FFXIV is way better I would vote for that.

5 Likes

One of the major issues with class design was Devs taking out and putting back abilities that are hurting classes/specs per expansion. Plus some of those abilities people enjoyed are not in the game; Blessing of Might, Water Shield, etc. Even some of the PVP abilities look amazing; Unholy Death Knight, Demon Hunters, etc.

Another issue is the limited and boring talent trees we have. They need to make it where players have freedom to want to choose what “they” want and what they can build around rather then limiting them to 1 ability per tier, which are horrible and have no synergy to most of the classes/specs. To the Devs, this may be “fun”, the current talent tree, but to many who spoke on this, its not. For me, the reason why I enjoyed Vanilla - Wrath of the Lich King was the fact that I had to be cautious with my Hunter/Shaman build and/or choose how I want to talent it on my play style, which was Hybrid for both. They should have kept that system and incorporated something like the Path of Exile tree allowing players to mess around with a variety of choices. PoE system should have been WoW’s, but hey.

They also need to bring all abilities back and allow players to pick which ones they want. This is what they should have done with BFA. They could have used the Azerite system to build upon those abilities players choose by buffing those abilities to certain tiers of damage, healing, or tanking. Whether it be 4-6 limited or what ever. I’m also wish Flametongue and Frostbrand was like how it was back in the days. I still don’t even know why they changed it, but kept rogue poisons the way it is, “shrug”.

2 Likes

Is there a Worst Expansion of All Time category? Or, like, a Razzy Award? If so, I’d be happy to nominate BFA for that.

5 Likes

What? Have you played FF14 recently? Things are not much better over there. They literally get 4 raid bosses every 8 months, imagine the forums if WoW ever did that. Their newest job being added Blue Mage will not even be playable in standard groups since it is primarily a single player only spec/job… again imagine if WoW ever did that… the forum would implode on itself.

FF14 is a good MMO but definitely miles behind WoW.