Game is no longer fun

so lets take away the obvious faults like the gearing and pve grind requirements, if everyone had equal access to all systems from day 1 and everyone had the same ilvl, what is wrong with the current pvp model?

What I remember when I get 1600 or 1800 pvp at wow its a sweet spot to enjoy the pvp content.
Now 1800 is like wear full arena point gears vs full rated gladiator gears back in wotlk.
1800 vs 2100 is like relentness vs wrathfull

M+ is sweet spot to enjoy the game low cr arena 0-1600 and m+ is a sweet spot.

1 Like

Doesn’t happen, not with the priest’s toolkit, not with any healer, unless severely under geared by comparison. But again it points out the severe item level disparity.

Not being able to succeed in a game can indeed be frustrating. I am not convinced it is the game mechanics, gear disparity, or any other of the default reasons for repetitive failure. One person’s idea of “balance” may be another player’s idea of “broken”. There will never be an absolute fix for this game based on player input, it is an impossible task based on the multitude of conflicting opinions.

For the first time in 15 years I am actually finding WoW boring. The game is the same, but so are the attitudes. Everyone wants “better”, but not many people can agree on what to change. For that matter it is no longer fun to sit in a BG where everyone is blaming each other for why we are losing (as opposed to actively trying to change the outcome). Even with the best, super-duper gear, most stuff, and best stats, the game will not magically become more enjoyable as long as the crappy attitudes persist.

2 Likes

I think you’re just not that good tbh

2 Likes

This is why I started branching out more instead of just doing epics. I encounter far less attitude problems this way.

Sounds accurate, I might just keep going and see what’s in store about the entertainment aspect of the game.
I’m thinking about Mythic Dungeons since 2-3 days, because with a second thought, if I really want fair PVP short games I can absolutely get back on about any FPS out there lol, won’t be hard to find.
Shadowlands just requires way too much PVE farming in order to gear up for PVP, this is just make no sense at all :confused:

1 Like

I don’t think I ever said I don’t know how to deal with any of those. I’m just expressing how much I dislike the way the game feels right now, at all.

I’m of the belief that Blizzard devs are practicing malicious compliance. Giving us set bonuses, as we apparently requested them. But, “with a twist”. Set bonuses should’ve been simple things that don’t alter the gameplay so much, but that’s not what we ended up with. We ended up with destruction warlock casting double 40k chaos bolts, and sometimes that’s AOE in battlegrounds.

Do I enjoy that mechanic? Nope. I hate it. And so, I’m not frustrating myself trying to learn how to deal with that garbage, as it’s just not worth it.

Giving polymorph a cooldown is a fake nerf? Yikes. How would you nerf mages since I’m so biased?

1 Like

i don’t think everyone needs nerfs.

1 Like

Me neither. I just think if they disabled set bonuses for PvP, it would be a step in the right direction. As they obviously don’t have a clue how to balance them.

Never said I was, but it doesn’t make anything I said less true.

I get globaled by good dps all the time, so yes it does :C

So apparently blizzard has lost 60 million monthly active users in the past year.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pRNeO0qJQU&ab_channel=AsmongoldTV

I have a solution to this. Currently new players get to enjoy being graveyard camped by MM hunters (aimed shot hitting for over 2/3 of their total HP) and survival hunters (raptor strike hitting for over 1/3 of their total hp). In the interest of diversity and inclusion I feel like it’s only fair that BM hunter’s kill command should do at least 1/2 of a new players total health from 50 yards.

If new players could experience being equally farmed by all three hunters specs this would greatly increase their user experience before they unsubscribe. As a BM hunter I feel discriminated against. The other hunter specs mock and tease me for having ‘small’ numbers. My wife even laughs at my small number spec. Beast lives matter and we deserve to annihilate new players with big numbers.

Thank you.

5 Likes

Sure, but not in 1v1 though and or not without a gear advantage.

1 Like

Pardon my confusion, I thought we were talking about Battlegrounds, not a duel. in a BG we are (forced? allowed? gifted?) supposed to play as a team, and adjust our gameplay accordingly. What I have learned (a slow learner?) is that you have to play to the strengths of the team. Being a glass cannon is totally cool as long as I stay with a group of players so the combat DAMAGE is somewhat mitigated. Moreover I have those awesome healers to help in a pinch. Being in group combat also exposes me to overlapping AOE, chain crowd control, combined trinket and set effects for starters. While not ideal, being in a group is still preferable to running off alone and being subjected to those nasty set bonuses of a player that has been developed to counter my class. More often than not, it is 2 or three of them roaming around looking to whack solo players.

My point is this, in Battlegrounds we are grouped as a team for a reason. If it is difficult to tackle certain players due to their strengths, avoid them until an opportunity arises to counter them with the strengths of your own team. I don’t feel it is even remotely reasonable to ask the game developer to nerf every class or ability you have trouble with…well except maybe those dang Demon Hunters… :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I’m just giving them pointers on what I think is wrong with the game. They aren’t forced to follow any of those as they’re based on my own experience of the things I find the most annoying in the game.

My last games haven’t been that problematic. My stats haven’t taken a considerable dip. I don’t find the game to be fun anymore. Therefore, I’m done playing this game.

And the post is in the battleground section. So, everything that has been said is related to battlegrounds.

I’m glad you enjoy the game, though.

Understood. My point was that even in BG’s, if you choose to take on an opposing player one on one, it resolves to being solo combat. If you have difficulty with a certain class or spec, avoid them until you have support. That is not being cowardly, it is being smart.

Actually, the game is getting rather stale. BG’s are getting so repetitive that you can actually anticipate the outcomes based on the same old crap people are typing about in BG chat. Blame, reasons for them not getting what they want or need because everyone else sucks. The game is attempting to encourage people to work together in order to accomplish a goal. The problem, very obvious today, is that everyone is in a hurry to “get it over with”. There is no desire to actually engage in the content. It is all about collecting (or not) the reward @game-over. (edited for grammar and typos)

Yea I feel bgs are so much more than just doing damage where people just forget about the idea that we are there to protect the flag carrier not just death ball the middle and it’s gotten to the point people give up after a single team fight and just let the swarm kill them one by one.

1 Like

Literally.

Uhhhh you’re dpsing wrong lol… Kryian ret can easily 100-0 you in a hoj. Earthen is a joke. Or a rogue in a kidney shot. Or a Destro lock in a deathcoil lol …

Damage is nuts right now. It’s very easy to kill most healer’s 1v1.