Game is dying

Oh… is the game dying again?

2 Likes

Game is fine

You mean people finished with the season aren’t playing, and are probably playing new releases that are coming out in October, never seen this before?

2 Likes

I mean, there’s still servers that are full of people and I’m still able to successfully queue for dungeons at 4am (albeit I have no luck queuing for epic battlegrounds at 4am but I think it’s always been that way). Some servers are ghost towns yes, but some are active all the time (it’s why I did some research on which servers are most active and for which factions and changed servers accordingly).

Also I wouldn’t say 20 years is “quickly”.

1 Like

game is dying because of the bad writting and other things for the writting its been dying since at least the battle of dezar’alor. everything after that is just aggrivatingly bad

Weird, I see many many many mplus groups listed. Granted it gets the most.busy on weekends and evenings.

1 Like

Siri, set reminder to create ‘Game is dying’ thread for January 1st, 2030.

2 Likes

Game has been dying since the middle of classic back in 2006.

WoW has a lot of hitpoints.

2 Likes

1 Like

While it’s dumb to even have it, because we can already fly and there’s zero advantage to it, I don’t see it as a chore. I just… don’t do it.

:dracthyr_shrug:

1 Like

Why is that not right? Why is it a problem that raiding is more popular than mplus?

So at the time of your posting this its 1am (monday) in once and 10am (sunday) in NA and you expect a large amount of people to be playing a game then?

1 Like

Hiya. There’s a decline in activity over the course of patches as people complete their goals and do other stuff until new content comes out. This has always been the case.

It’s okay to be off the treadmill for a little bit. :dracthyr_heart:

1 Like

I moved to MG from WRA-A mid BfA (it was slowly dying off for awhile before the exodus at the end of the xpack).

Haven’t actually roleplayed in any serious manner or any real amount of time since like 2016.

But I hope Moon Guard lasts for a long time after WRA finishes bleeding into it. I like seeing it, and I want to have the option there if I decide to jump back into it. It’ll be a sad day when the day comes that WoW has no RP Scene worth mentioning. The support for it via chat options and addons is just so much better than alternatives. Keeping track of things in FFXIV is such a massive pain anywhere crowded.

1 Like

Go drive by McDonald’s at 1am and see 2 people dining then conclude, that restaurant is dying…

This thread in summary lol…

3 Likes

I’m thinking it’s when it’s 8pm and there’s 4 people in Valdrakken.

It didn’t matter when we had 12 million. We have MAYBE 1.5 now.

2 Likes

And we all had no problem playing back when a server was singular and cap was 2000, even on “dead servers”

I just don’t get why the number of players matters to you when it doesn’t affect your ability to play at all.

1 Like

The game has been “dying” since WLK since Elitist shut down and left.

Today is no different.

1 Like

Back when in 2005, nope. Now when it takes 45 minutes or more for a dungeon to pop or finding someone to help take down an elite,…that’s an issue.

And that is POST crz.

1 Like

people probably are just getting tired of chasing a timer in the same dungeon over and over.

Thats a “I have no friends” issue and is a “you” issue.

You know how to solve that problem.

That’s a Mmorpg not being as Massively or multiplayer as it once was.

1 Like