Game Freezes when i get diconnected from voice chat and reconnected

I have zero issues with any other game, Its always random when it happens. I’ll be out doing world quests and all of a sudden i get the message " Disconnected from voice chat and my whole game just freezes. Then when it un Freezes i get the message reconnected to voice chat.

Tonight was the 1st time it has happend in a Raid setting so now i think its getting worse. Id like to straight up disable voice chat since I dont use it, but since there is a no option to do so Im at a loss.

3 Likes

Yeah I don’t know if I’ve seen or heard of any acknowledgement of this problem from blizzard. Something changed in the last 1-2 months that made this a really disruptive problem. Just a couple nights ago it wiped my dungeon group since I was tanking… it would be nice to at least see that they are aware of it and working on it.

Hey gang!

This is an issue that we’ve reviewed extensively since the 8.1 patch… we have even gathered a number of common fixes into this article:

Lost Connection to the Voice Chat Service

Please especially note the security program detail, as we’ve seen this error probably most commonly associated with certain software harshly restricting network traffic to the voice service. If you want, you can try with a different antivirus program:

Security Software

Also important is firewall port configuration. The tech we use for voice chat is very particular about which ports it goes through.

Configuring Router and Firewall Ports

Best of luck in your adventures :slight_smile:

Already have done all of that. Hence why i finally posted here to the forms

Due to the nature of the details we need for this problem, if you’ve already tried uninstalling your security programs and are still having problems, you should contact our support team so we can look for the cause of the freezing for you. Keep an eye on your latency as well. If you find that the latency is spiking wildly, you should also include a WinMTR test.

Im having this issue i want to disable voice. its making pvp just unbearable. my game freezes and my cpu pops to 100. when it goes back down to 30% it stays frozen and once in a while i see something move. i can see the voice disconnecting and reconnecting. for me it has only happened in pvp. i restart my game and it works for a minute until the voice chat goes crazy. I dont even use the in game voice. =/ I cant even imagine this happening in raids or rated.

I been experiencing this problem for over a week now and I was getting so frustrated. Not only would my game freeze, but my whole computer would freeze and my CPU usage would spike to 100% then when it goes away I get that error about lost connection to voice chat. I had tried all the suggestions:

• blocked voiceproxy exe through windows firewall settings
  • disabled permissions on voiceproxy
  • deleted voiceproxy file
  • disable firewall and security software
  • deleted cache,WTF,interface folders and ran all on default settings

No matter what, the problem would eventually come back. I realized this must be something related to my CPU or GPU. So I tried switching from Dx12 to Dx11 and BAM no more freezing. Even all the above suggestions were reverted back to normal and still no freezing.

TLDR: Try using DirectX 11

Edit: I am running asus RX 570 with latest drivers if that helps.

Hi Exjay

There is an issue with AMD and Wow at the moment. DX 11 seems to be the main fix. Refer to this thread: