How does one turn off in-game voice chat?

What the title says.

I never use it, but the real reason I want to turn it off is that I’ve noticed it likes to disconnect a lot. If I have a long loading boss (such as porting/hearthing to Legion Dalaran), the chat log states (when I finally load) that the voice service has disconnected and then reconnected. The pattern I’ve noticed is that the long loads only happens when the voice service decides to be buggy.

So, again, I ask, how do I turn this feature off so I cut down on the amount of unnecessary loading of a feature I do NOT use or intend to use?

(I have checked the forums and other fan sites and have nothing to fully disable this feature. Sure I can mute it, but I don’t want it to even try to load so I don’t get random 5 minute loading screens due to the faulty feature.)

The most you can do as far as disabling the feature is to setup parental controls and block it. The feature will still be running, but you won’t be able to use it. I believe even if turned off in this way it can possibly still cause issues behind the scenes, but I’m just guessing on that.

There is a support article with some troubleshooting. A large majority of the time, this issue is caused by security software or firewalls, which is step 1. If none of these fix it, then I would submit a ticket where they can go dig deeper into your computer. https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/202556

Hi Mcdotnalds

This thread may be of interest here:

I would enter the following process in your firewall and antivirus exceptions:

Main Wow folder > retail folder > Utils folder > WowVoiceProxy