Fyr'alath/Nasz'uro cannot be upgraded at the upgrade NPC after using Scale

Working as intended… :man_facepalming:

If I remember correctly Blizzard doesn’t usually give a ETA on fixing bugs. I can’t remember the last time that I saw a blue post about the bug should be fixed by this time.

hah good one!

Whatever the outcome of this issue will be and whenever that comes about, I hope somebody with the agency to change things on Blizzard’s end going forward recognizes that one non-committal and vague answer about a fix to something that is directly (and negatively!) impacting actual game play for nearly 24 hours is not acceptable. Some decisions must have been made by now and to not maintain a steady flow of communication with updates on those decisions does not inspire the confidence that the problems will be solved in any timely manner.

2 Likes

Ehh, idk, doesn’t quite add up and I’ll tell you why.

This type of interaction probably happens several times per year but even when this happens they don’t purposefully leave something broken for the players to experience.

If something isn’t ready, they’ll find a narrative to explain why it isn’t there or not talk about it at all or implement it at all.

Take augmentation evoker for example, they didn’t decide to make a 3rd spec after the expansion launched, it was already planned that it would have a 3rd spec.
But at some point they realized it wasn’t going to cut it for launch and clearly they weren’t going to wait for it, so they took the opportunity to make it an event itself for a later patch.

Even in those situation, they figure how to wrap it up in way that makes senses.

If lego upgrades was something that takes more than a week to solve, they could have made those Legendary item upgrade cost 3 bullions and we would have been none the wiser.

Blizzard has a lot of flaws but when they know something isn’t ready, they at least have a plan to go around it and that they put forward before hand.

The fact they didn’t here tells me we’re facing a genuine mistake.

If you can’t make it work the way you originally intended, then just upgrade the im-bullioned weapons to 535. A giant boon for LFR folks who lucked out, but this mistake in the meantime feels stupendously unfair and frustrating. I farmed for so long, spent so much gold, and did so many dumb and hazing-ish quests for this, and now we get to have hunters run around us. Hunters, Blizz.

2 Likes

You’re not wrong, but this is obviously indicative of a bigger disconnect. It goes beyond WoW and more into them not having any idea how to triage emergencies in a SaaS environment.

Clear communication would have saved them customer outrage (obviously they don’t care about this one) but also would have improved their employee’s front-line experience as well as potentially even buying them a little more good-faith time to fix this.

Either way, I’m generally in defense of them vs the internet Karens, but this has gone beyond defensible.

Feeling like Scrooge McDuck with all these flightstones

9 Likes

What I been doing is do one upgrade then do a dungeon to make sure I get those stones back.

1 Like

i guess we see the outcome now when u replace your entire staff with AI I’m scared for TWW if this is the quality of content we get

3 Likes

don’t worry this will get hotfixed way before the legendary

Hi Kaivax, Any chance we can get a status update? I saw that you updated the Amber Skitterfly bug post that a solution is being put in place soon for that bug… I know a ton of people are anxious about getting their leggo’s upgraded so an update would be huge here.

3 Likes

seriously?? 24h and nothing?

3 Likes

There’s no way we’re sitting a day later not being able to spend flightstones to upgrade this item…

4 Likes

This is insane, is there just zero conversation about how poor this customer service is? Wasn’t there some big deal made about how you guys were going to communicate better with the community?

24 hours, cleared most of mythic already, and just sitting here massively behind because of a bug.

5 Likes

Look at you all. Expecting Blizzard to fix this bug. We all were blessed by the lottery of RNG last patch, now we’re paying the price.

Now, we suffer, and we burn for wielding this curse. It was always intended.

/s

It’s sad. I’m not mad, I’m just disappointed.

I’m sure this point has been made earlier, but I have been sitting on crest and stones for 24 hours waiting for this priority fix. I don’t know whether to spend them, or wait.

Bugs happen, the least you could do is communicate an expected timeframe or remove the stupid flightstone cap.

5 Likes

Rest assured if legendaries were bugged to give us +200 extra speed tertiary or something else vaguely enjoyable servers would have gone offline and it would have been fixed in 30 minutes.

8 Likes

Here is to hoping it’s fixed today, and that the datamining showing having a higher level weapon doesn’t reduce flightstones and doesn’t remove crest cost is wrong

lalalalalala i can’t hear you NOT LISTENING!!