Fyr'alath/Nasz'uro cannot be upgraded at the upgrade NPC after using Scale

thank u 4 ur patience :pray:

2 Likes

good news everyone

john blizzard just dm’d me said it will be fixed within the hour

2 Likes

Not sure if others have mentioned, but having items not working to upgrade was fixed by reloading UI, then after upgrading reload again to upgrade another item.

This isn’t that issue. This is an issue that was on the PTR exclusively impacting the legendary weapons.

people cant even put the item in the upgrade slot on the vendor. the item itself isn’t coded to allow for the upgrade. no matter how many reloads you do, it doesn’t change the situation

damn you cracked the code

turns out 300+ people who posted above where imbeciles

1 Like

love that problem solving energy, but unfortunately thats a similar but different issue;
this one the item throwing the error ‘this item cannot be upgraded’ if you manually try to put it in the upgrade window, and it being grey’d out as if it were non upgradable, or fully upgraded.
one that im sure in the 9+ hrs since our single blue response, someone would have found a work around for by now if there was one

Stuff like this gives me very little hope for War Within :confused:

5 Likes

They will rel. it unfinished anyway. The first weeks it will be a live-beta again. Like the last addons too :confused:

I hope whoever let this slip through the cracks got a firm talking too from their supervisor! :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

So, I just spent my bullions… got my leggo, and it’s 11pm… Its apparently been over 12 hours since the servers came up… I didn’t see all the drama today or this wowhead article reporting this until now… but how was such an oversight allowed to occur? Especially since ppl are saying it was reported on the PTR multiple times weeks ago??

I’m actually really disappointed in the lack of foresight here… I read thru this clown fiesta thread and I am at a total loss…

Been playing for over 18 years and this actually has to be one of the most embarrassing displays of incompetence blizzard has ever had. Really a shame to see…

I’m not going to cry about reparations like half the ppl on this thread, or parrot the same “lulul multi dollar indie company” meme but god damn, it’s actually almost midnight.

This ISN’T a multi dollar company… This is a TITAN of the industry… multi-BILLION dollar enterprise with literal teams dedicated to its development and success… on top of the fact that this is a monthly paid subscription based live service game.

At the very least, I’d like to see an explanation as to what exactly broke behind the scenes to make this such a colossal, monumental failure?

I’m not a game developer nor am I keen to how blizzard’s “spaghetti code” works at all… but seriously at the very least a little explanation even if dumbed down… would be very much appreciated…

I’m actually not even upset, I’m genuinely curious at this point???

Companies, especially ones that rely on a strong player base like Blizzard, should be transparent about their mistakes, how they happened, and what they’re doing to prevent them in the future. This not only helps restore faith but can also serve as a learning opportunity for the community and the developers.

Hopefully, they will provide a breakdown of what went wrong and how they plan to address it.

9 Likes

OMG Bliz,
Dont say you didnt know about this as it was brought to your attension during the PTR. 10 hours and still no fix? We pay for this game and then we pay to play this game so bugs making it to live that you knew about in the PTR is not fair on your playerbase.

Season 3 you had every Warrior, Pally and DK chasing that leggo and then when you annouce that we can upgrade this leggo wouldnt that tell you what the very first bullion purchase would be on week 2 for those players? Wouldnt you make sure it was all working correctly?

Cmon Bliz you guys are better than this … well at least you used to be.

2 Likes

Hopefully in the next 1-3 hours at most its fixed.

Not a good first day thats for sure.

1 Like

Absolutely hilarious how something like this goes unfixed from being reported via the PTR, you know the thing you release before every patch because you’re too cheap to hire a proper QA team?

Bit silly that it’s been over 12 hrs since the servers came back online and the masses found out this bug was still not squashed.

Given it’s almost Midnight in LA too this is most likely going to stay bugged for easily another 12-24hrs minimum, albeit faith that it’s fixed even within that time is lacking entirely. Lack of transparency also goes to show how poor their customer service skills are lately too which I doubt is the fault of CMs but moreso the scripts their managers write for them.

5 Likes

oi bruv can we get it fixed pls surely u got one guy who can code a solution for this

1 Like

Please hire me, I can help you guys fix the code

3 Likes

Seems like Blizz didnt fire the people it needed to in those lay offs, i suggest Microsoft fires the rest that are left asap and replaces it with people who at least work their job, not jump on next expansion and leave live servers to be band aided by 5 people. I bet you this is an easy fix its just that they didnt realise how powerful 535 weapons would be since it was broken on PTR so they have to tune them now.

2 Likes

any updates yet

1 Like

same here…

over 12 hours and no update or fix. What are they doing over there?