Full "Fresh" Server

Oh good. So we both agree that you’re not guaranteed 100% up-time, nor access to any specific server or character. Thank you for understanding the EULA that you agreed to.

7 Likes

This thread is a good example of the Dunning-Kruger Effect

8 Likes

I understand just fine. You are just posting to argue in this thread. You have nothing to back up any of your arguments, so you have taken to telling others they don’t understand what you are saying and then telling them not to post.

Here is the EULA. It is written in plain English. When you find the section that says you are guaranteed access to a certain realm and certain characters come back and tell us the section it is in. Until such time, Blizzard does NOT guarantee access to any specific realm or character 100% of the time. Nothing you have presented has proven otherwise.

7 Likes

Sure, but unfortunately EULA is not law, hence the entire thread’s purpose. Blizzard is not the government you may believe it to be, unfortunately.

The guy who was “closest to even addressing the commentary” is telling you that you’re incorrect. Just stop.

What I said should be enough. What the others have said is certainly enough.

EULA is the contract you are bound to, for an online subscription service, in the state of CA, and it provides the service AS-IS and does not guarantee availability.

I stand by that unless you can provide proof to the contrary.

8 Likes

But it is a Contract, a binding one too.

7 Likes

YOU are the only one claiming that it is law and that Blizzard is the government. The EULA is a legal agreement, not law.

5 Likes

o.O

Yes, actually it is and it has held up in court.

What? I never said that Blizz was the “government”. Show me where I said that again?

Best option for you literally, it to hire a lawyer. They can best explain the law to you while you pay them to do so. That way, you’ll trust everything you’ve already been told here.

Best of luck to you Sedgie.

9 Likes

For other aspects, certainly. 100%.

Buying a gym membership and the gym never opens doesn’t quite fulfill it’s contract or service obligations though. Pointing to a another property a state away and proclaiming, “But that one’s open!” doesn’t either. Sorry.

To use that argument, did the contract specifically state that particular gym and that particular location?

4 Likes

It’s not a state away. Different servers are a mouse-click away.

Yeah I’m gonna do the “good luck to you,” thing too. I feel like I am feeding compulsive behavior here, and as a sufferer of OCD myself, I feel weird doing that.

Good luck to you.

8 Likes

If you’re so ruffled and upset with how you’re not getting your supposed monies worth, perhaps it’s then time to look putting that money elsewhere. Everyone here, save for you, has posted factually and truthfully. You don’t like it? Sorry about that but it isn’t going to change anything. You’re not going to be compensated as you’re not being denied anything that is explicitly promised to you (since again, nothing has been promised or guaranteed). If you want to waste that money of yours on lawyers and all of that? Have at it.

6 Likes

Our characters have been listed as leased assets. Where’s access to the assets I’m leasing if not available? Make my assets available globally (on any server) and obligations are met. Easy.

Please enlighten me on contracts if you’re one to denounce knowledge on such. Otherwise, hold the fluff.

Okay, show us in the EULA where is says that?

Where does it say that? Where is this “list of leased assets”?

2 Likes

You’re asking where it details Blizzard’s ownership here of user characters? You are fully capable of searching yourself in links already provided in this thread - EULA " Blizzard’s Ownership" I’m not even sure why this is being asked.

You periodically pay to use their owned assets - please review the definition of “lease”. Not sure why you’re diverting the thread to basics.

They sell a service, they don’t provide said service as advertised, …meh, it’s alright?

Nope.

Ah, the classic “you look it up” defense.

Maybe it’s time to vote with your wallet and just quit the game. You apparently are not getting what you a claiming you are paying for. Maybe next time read the contract before signing it or agreeing to it.

5 Likes

You mean in the 16th post of this very thread, which I’ve cited? Stop derailing this off-topic with petty remarks. It’s in bad faith, rude, and disrespectful.

So, you can look something up if it seems to help your agenda. Did you find the section that says they guarantee access to specific realms and characters, like you seem to want to find? Or did you find the section that says they don’t guarantee the game to be bug free, or available 100% of the time.

4 Likes

whatever… :roll_eyes:

I’m done, gonna go play my Classic DK for a bit and see if I can get him to 60.

5 Likes

Again - funny how this word keeps appearing - it’s been discussed but wildly you continue to ask. It’s a provisioned asset on a server, which we periodically pay for aka - subscription - and is not available per the terms of advertised subscription service.

I don’t care if they point at other servers. Blizzard owns my leased content, Blizzard sold me availability and play time, and such availability and play time are not available. The terms of the purchase are in question. What extent of applicable law determine service availability, SLA, etc? Repeating the same question is cute, I got it, but stop avoiding the actual issue inquired. It is tiring.

@Ravenhawk - Seems you’re only remaining to troll, which appears to align with forum ToS boundaries. Stay respectful, on topic, or elsewhere.