Full "Fresh" Server

Skyfury - Fresh wotlk server.

180 minute login queue? I’m curious here - If I can’t play for 3 hours after trying to login, what services am I currently subscribing to? What services am I currently paying for? Does Blizzard hold no obligations to service provision after receipt of my payment?

When can I expect a service credit for such services you cannot provide? This was not the advertised sale I was sold.

Thank you,

1 Like

Your paying for acess to the servers wheather or not u can acess them atm main issue is everyone logging on to prep for the actual launch or completing a DK for the retail mount.

4 Likes

Thank you for this answer! It seems that the access to such servers I’m paying for is not available, thus there’s a bit of a hindrance in this buyer’s contract.

I’m unconcerned with what “everyone” is doing - I’m concerned with the services sold to me and what’s actually being provided by the company I’m compensating. Consumer law - not “servers are busy lol”.

1 Like

Servers access time will probably go down its probably higher then normal due to the bigger ques on the more popular realms.

1 Like

To elaborate on Darth’s post, your subscription does not guarantee you access to the specific server or servers of your choice, only the servers as a whole, as part of the agreement we sign before we can even begin playing for the first time. Even though the ones you chose to play on primarily might have a capacity queue, there are others to choose from at roughly any given time outside maintenance periods.

4 Likes

Great. I’m sure it will go down.

However, I didn’t pay for “some” access today and “much more” next month. I paid for consistent service to be provided while I pay for them. The detailed service level agreement lists maintenance windows, not downtimes due to hardware, software, or bandwidth limitation. I work in the Software-as-a-Service world and understand these concepts - no other industry would survive with the excuse “your website or application isn’t available because we’re busy”.

Where’s the refund/chargeback for services not rendered? Blizzard’s bandwidth and server issues are not the customer’s problem - they take our money all the same as assumed (and advertised) for anticipated full availability.

@Ekon - that’s not entirely true. If I’m paying Microsoft Azure for cloud services and US East is down, they are not legally entitled to tell me “Hey, US West is up, so go spin up your workloads there”. Services (and servers) are bound to availability SLAs. I provisioned my character on one server. My character is not available on other servers, so this logic does not apply. If I could connect to any server and access my provisioned character, then you would have a platform here.

Here’s a quote somewhat related to this topic from a blue poster.

5 Likes

Charge back is the absolute worse thing u could refund would be a better choice chargeback would only bite u in the butt harder then frostmourne would.

2 Likes

And that’s great. But this is Blizzard Entertainment and World of Warcraft, not Microsoft and Azure.

I’d be amazed if you could find two completely unrelated companies and services with completely identical contractual agreements.

4 Likes

No, the company name doesn’t matter. Consumer law matters.

Blizzard doesn’t want to address their paid obligations? Great. The answer to this thread is to push BBB and legal entities to file claim against the company for breach of contract and services unrendered.

Thanks for the help.

You do realize BBB is a joke and basicly pay for a good review.

6 Likes

You are technically paying for access to Retail servers. Classic, SoM and WotLK Classic? All extra benefits included in that purchase, but not something you are explicitly paying for directly.

6 Likes

added a bit

added a bit more [quote=“Leilleath-moon-guard, post:12, topic:1332658”]
You are technically paying for access to Retail servers. Classic, SoM and WotLK Classic? forum acess All extra benefits included in that purchase, but not something you are explicitly paying for directly.
[/quote]

“Included in your subscription”

If such services are not available, such “inclusion” was misrepresented. This is not hard. Anything included in one’s subscription is what they are paying for, pure and simple.

Its actualy stated that server acess isnt gaurenteed around the clock that can include from ques maintence ddos attacks.

2 Likes

It is stated quite clearly in the EULA which must be accepted even before logging in to the game, and again periodically:

9 Likes

Great comment - I suppose the question then is, what is the extent allowed by California law for a service provider to lapse service?

Okay. There have been no lapses in service. You agreed to the terms, and Blizzard is based in California. If you really feel it to be necessary, reach out to a consumer rights organization and see what they say. Chances are, all they would say is you agreed to the terms. Also, the BBB cannot force a company to do anything. All they do is act as a third-party to facilitate communications.

In short, however, nothing can be done about it over the forums. Your options are to post in the WotLK General Discussion forums, or Tweet to WarcraftDevs at https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs

Or - If you really find it necessary, submit a support ticket and ask for a refund. Be prepared to be denied if any part of the subscription has been used.

4 Likes

There has been a lapse in service - this has already been discussed in this thread.

Please reread the above to catch up as not to repeat. Also, no, Blizzard would love for you to view your only recourse to be a forum post. That’s not how society works, however.

Again, no there hasn’t. This is just going to turn into a back and forth - yet again, like every other thread about the queue times.

You have your options, it is up to you what you do with them. Good luck.

2 Likes