Frostmourne Transmog?

That would be so awesome. I’m always jealous seeing dhs with their fancy warglaives of Azzinoth, and we don’t get the frostmourne sword :frowning:

5 Likes

Heard we were origninally supposed to have it for legion but they cut it last min.

Which makes sense because they updated the model of 2h frostmourne, and if you pay attention in the quest it appears to actually repair itself with peices snapping back in place…and then it akwardly turns into a set of 1h weapons

3 Likes

Thats a complete fabrication by someone that wants it to be true. The updated model was for the scenario. Thats it.

There is nothing out there that says they were making Frostmourne for us or even suggested it.

Official stance. A world with reality bending magic at it’s disposal, can’t create a simple transmog illusion of a single well known historical sword, despite several other transmog illusions of items we don’t actually get as gear.

It feels like you are intentionally twisting this from “hey a cosmetic that looks like that sword would be cool” to “we should actually get that sword” which isn’t what’s being asked for.

5 Likes

Im not twisting anything.

Even the enchant illusions you have to get. You have to get the item to have it in the system. What items are in the system that we havent physically gotten?

There is a reason why people suggest actually getting the sword. Its why you brought up time travel presumably so you can go back in time and take it, dont know when you would do this unless you went back before Arthas picked it up, but then that changes a timeline. If you also come back with that weapon there would be no Lich King to make dk’s creating this paradox and shows why time travel in this game is mostly keeping the timeline as is. The bronze Dragonflight wouldnt allow this to happen and you would be stopped.

So while there is magic, there are still rules to this universe. I dont think people want an illusion either because I said ask for a toy and they basically told me to go to hell. So they arent going to be happy with some mage doing some spell to make it look like Frostmourne, they actually physically WANT the sword to be theres.

They dont want this. You might, I might be ok with them giving a toy, but you clearly dont understand the DK forum like I do.

1 Like

The curly antler wing-thing that my forum avatar has. The wanna-be proton pack, the fan of blades, the various covenant ensembles and story armor recolors. None of them we equip. They are an item in our inventory that we right click, and it adds to our transmog library. That’s not even counting all the transmogs we get from quest rewards we didn’t take, and have never worn.

This thread is on the DK forum, asking for a cosmetic that looks like Frostmourne, and several have expressed their support of the idea (with Locutus providing a funny video of what will no doubt happen if we get it XD).

Hell, they could time the release of it for when ICC opens in classic play. The high res model already exists as well, so it’s a probably a fairly easy add on the code side of things.

You don’t like it, don’t get it or use it, and let those who want to do so.

6 Likes

Where did I say equip?

So the recolors you dont just get as a transmog option for nothing, you have to get the item. Equipped or not, you have to get it to unlock it. What dont you understand about that? Not reading past that because im sick and tired of this annoying argument that so many people do of trying to make my argument for me to attack it.

Quit with the bs.

You’re right, my bad. You just kept talking about how the blade was destroyed in world and it can’t be pulled though time so that’s what you’re comments implied.

THAT’S WHAT WE ARE TALKING ABOUT ADDING! A simple cosmetic item we pick up in the Ebon Hold that adds the mog illusion to our library.

You came into here to tell people who thought such a cosmetic would be pretty cool to tell us we were wrong to ever want that. The BS is yours. The only arguments you’ve made make no sense to a simple cosmetic for a high res model that is already in the game files and would be thematically well timed with Wrath Classic launch.

2 Likes

Because it has. I think thats a pretty big issue in trying to obtain something that doesnt exist anymore.

And blizz screwed us when we could have reforged Frostmourne in it’s original state.
Paladins got the Ashbringer the blade that broke Frostmourne so why the F*** do we not get to reforge Frostmourne Proper? Should have given us a choice to either go DW or 2H.

Go to Wrath Classic. ANY DK can DW or 2H, frost just has the talents that make DW better. Blood has the talents that make 2H better and Unholy the talents that make Spells better. But I don’t see much argument about that.

May I point you at what we F***ing do with the Dragon Soul/Demon Soul?
And THAT was in Cata

2 Likes

How do you use a 2h weapon in a DW spec?

until they take 2H way ill equip it.

I highlty doubt they would go to the effort to update the model for a 10 second animation.

Plus again that doesnt explain why the weapon appears to put itself back together, not being reforged or remade.

watch the scene all the pieces are going back to were they were orignially…and then poof, it akwardly turns into a set of 1h weapons.

Why wouldnt they? Everything else around it had a high polygon count.

Its an animation. How else would they animate it using what is essentially the WC3 engine?

If we were remaking it or reforging it, then it most likely would involded a runeforge or something else.

its clear as day the blade is fixing itself when the animation is playing.

I dont know how you can say blizzard is lazy and wouldnt make a high poly count of something, but wouldnt be lazy enough to not send you back to a runeforge or an anvil. There is more involved in one than the other as well. One just has the art team create something that they are extremely good at, the other has more to it.

It was made just for the scenario.

Never said blizz was lazy, and the rest of what you said seems like incoherent babbling because you dont have a argument.

Not sure what youre trying to say here.

You implied it, shouldnt have said you outright stated it. But you did imply it because according to you they wouldnt waste their time doing this thing that the art department could absolutely knock out of the park.

Im saying that they were lazy in development and implementation, not in the art department.

Again never said they were lazy or implied it, all I said is it seems to be they have changed it. For whatever reason I do not know, but there is enough evidence to show they did change something.

Lets be real, they wouldnt have gone out of there way to make a HD model of frostmourne, the hilt of forstmourne and shards…and a animation of the weapon repairing itself ONLY for a short scenario, and then for it to poof into a set of 1h swords akwardly after.

I assume it was most likely for gameplay reasons, but who knows.

honestly I just dont see the harm in adding the weapon model as a comsetic option to the dk vendor that sells all the transmog stuff, its already there in game, just go ahead and add it in.

while on that note, I also hope they add in all those missing different colored version of the greatsword/axe of the ebon blade aswell.

3 Likes

Yes! MOAR Transmog for DK!

1 Like