Frost DK is utter trash in PvP

Blizzard… Why do you refuse look how bad this spec is in PvP? At this point I’m at a loss…

The forums provide you with so much feedback at how trash frost is in PvP, yet expansion after expansion, patch after patch you refuse to give this spec a MUCH needed look at in PvP specifically.

We NEED better sustained damage outside of pillar and our survivability is worse than every other melee dps spec in the game. If this keeps up you’ll 100% be out of some DK subs soon. the start of every patch feels like I’m ice skating up hill… its getting old.

14 Likes

they literally just buffed frost’s sustain and nerfed pillar

5 Likes
3 Likes

Ask and you shall receive.

Also, FDK has several top tier comps last season. It’s not like it’s been unconditionally sitting at the bottom of the barrel.

2 Likes

Death Knight

• Frost
    • All ability damage increased by 3%.

• Obliterate damage increased by 5%.

• Frost Strike damage increased by 6%.

• Howling Blast damage increased by 6%.

• Remorseless Winter damage increased by 8%.

• Frost Fever damage increased by 12%.

• Pillar of Frost now increases Strength by 15% in PvP Combat (was 25%).

• Developers’ notes: Frost Death Knights have been on our radar as underperforming, but still effective in the right situations. We’re reducing their burst damage alongside their game-wide damage increases with the goal of a healthier overall damage profile.

they nerfed frost dk’s burst really hard, buffed its garbage sustain dmg a TINY bit (frost dk’s dmg dependent on crit, which almost no dk gets)

the worst part… THEY BUFFED FROST MAGE AGAIN LIKE WHAT??

Mage

• Frost
    • All ability damage done increased by 4%.
1 Like

That’s right. :dracthyr_uwu:

3 Likes

I find it comical that blizzard posts that we are indeed underperforming… so they are nerfing our only kill window by 10% LOL… WTF?? We need a sustained buff with pillar of frost at 25%… If they are going to reduce pillar by 10% they need to extend the duration. This is nuts man…

3 Likes

can’t have everything
ヽ(。_°)ノ

Yes I can. I can just play warrior :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Frost dk evoker disc was the best comp in the game 2 weeks ago???

3 Likes

arms burst got nerfed and their sustain buffed too sooooo. enjoy i guess
ヾ(o・ω・)ノ

Hilarious that all the posts about this consistently leave this part off of the sentence before frothing at the mouth.

1 Like

125 to 115% is a 8% nerf during pillar. (125-115)/125=.08

• All ability damage increased by 3%.
  • Obliterate damage increased by 5%. Same dmg during pillar
  • Frost Strike damage increased by 6%. 1% more dmg during pillar
  • Howling Blast damage increased by 6%.1% more dmg during pillar
  • Remorseless Winter damage increased by 8%. 2% more dmg during pillar
  • Frost Fever damage increased by 12%. 4% more dmg during pillar

So your dmg went up very slightly during pillar and went up by >8% at all times. People really be on something before they actually think and do the math

2 Likes

Only non dk players think those patch notes are worth anything

for those of you to ignorant to understand because youve never logged onto dk before this is a net loss

It was certainly the right idea, but blizzard once again failed to get the raw numbers right

Shouldve been 20%+ on all those abilities except obliterate and frost fever. Arguably 40%+

These abilities hit for sub 30k most of the time, and healthpools ive seen are 600k-700k its quite sad so no, a 3% buff and a 8% buff arent gonna even be REMOTELY close to enough

Even if this math is correct, Point still stands, 600k-700k healthpools, Absolutely abysmal damage outside cooldown windows, to the point where its better to fully disengage from fights, arguably not that great damage during cooldown windows compared to the pressure other specs do, Very easy to counter fdk in general, one good comp that is more cheese than any other comp in the game where most of the work done isnt even done by the fdk its the evoker that 1 shots the team. FDK is a walmart setup bot/rogue

Whats the buff fdk gets?

1% 1% 2% 4%? LOOOL

8 Likes

average of 8% consistent damage buff with slight burst buffs that’s what your getting.

"* Obliterate damage increased by 5%. Same dmg during pillar

• Frost Strike damage increased by 6%. 1% more dmg during pillar
  • Howling Blast damage increased by 6%.1% more dmg during pillar
  • Remorseless Winter damage increased by 8%. 2% more dmg during pillar
  • Frost Fever damage increased by 12%. 4% more dmg during pillar"

Not nearly enough is what im getting at

1 Like

If they are going to reduce the strength of pillar they need to increase the duration slightly. Maybe 12 seconds to 15 seconds.

2 Likes

Why would they need to buff probably the strongest burst ability in the game? I’ve never seen someone get pretty significant buffs and just complain that they don’t matter and the spec is unplayable when quite a few people are doing just fine on the spec without the buffs. Frost needs consistent damage buffs and burst nerfs. The cheesy one shot spec, the spec is right now isn’t fun.

1 Like

They should buff the duration because they are reducing the pressure… Do you play frost? You have to play it to feel how bad it is right now.