From WoW to FFXIV? Read this

I am interested in Palia as well. I don’t think it’s a WoW killer (I’ve already seen people try to spin that story) but it looks like it will be a pleasant experience and I wish them success with it.

2 Likes

No it’s not … there is nothing close to the mechanics of even a heroic raid in FF14.

But there is housing . :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

This is why we cant have nice things.

1 Like

I do admit, as an FF14 player, I actually agree with some of the Op’s criticisms of the game, but for me the fun of the game outweighs the bad stuff.

The friends I’ve bought to the game can’t seem to help themselves but buy themselves cute things in the game anyway lol

3 Likes

heck yeah! I have many critiques of the game! But I love it to death. I hope wow can change for the better and bounce back since 14 is getting a bunch of attention lately.

1 Like

It amuses me when people called FFXIV “weeb trash” and yet they’re sitting here, throwing money at WoW, a game with Elves in it.

4 Likes

What do elves have to do with Japanese culture?

I heard that elves actually didn’t originate in Japanese or western culture at all, but actually in Iceland.

1 Like

Ultimate raids in FFXIV are most definitely on part with mythic raiding and savage seems to be between normal and heroic.

And yes. Yes it does have housing. Thats not for everyone but so what? Its obviously for a LOT of people.

1 Like

Just because you say it, it does not making it true.

1 Like

He prolly saying the only real savage/mythic content is housing. Which isnt true ofc but funny. :stuck_out_tongue:

You know? Housing savage? Clicking placards for hours lol

2 Likes

If you get bored of the FF14 endgame – dont push yourself too hard to enjoy it. Bozja will not be everyones cup of tea.

Sounds like a reality show. Savage Housing lmao.

I managed to get one after camping 12 hours, the game went down for maintenance.

Waited 3 hours for it come back up, logged in 10 seconds before the next person who was camping it and bought it before they did.

Housing savage is real and it sucks. Its not instanced, so there are few plots for thousands of players.

1 Like

Agreed. It doesn’t even look like an MMO in the traditional sense. More like multiplayer Stardew Valley.

1 Like

No it’s not and Savage is comparable to LFR.

And Housing is a joke … oh I take it back . Not to the type of people who hang around Goldshire it’s not . :face_vomiting:

It’s kind of a bummer that housing isn’t instanced. In FFXI, as far as I remember, it was instanced. Wish that carried over.

So as a new player, I will probably just never have my own house?

1 Like

They are adding more housing in the new expansion. If you play on a heavily populated realm like Balmung or Mateus, housing is more difficult to come by yes.

When Endwalker releases 6.1 Ishgard districts will be added though so it’s going to be a lot of housing plots. If housing is something you really really want, you can always get an apartment to start.

1 Like

:joy::joy:

The cringe

1 Like

How is that cringe? It’s fact. I’m confused.

7 Likes

You sound like someone that’s never done savage raiding, to be honest.

Savage Titania was pretty rough, considering you had ZERO add-ons to handhold. No DBM to tell you to move, no announcement that Titania was either doing her close in or far out aoe, you bad to actually look at HER and recognize the attack animation.

Oh, and it was a three phase fight, where failing any phase sent you back to the beginning. But LFR, am I rite?

2 Likes