From Classic to Live servers

I came up with idea how Blizzard could encourage current players to stay little bit longer then 2-3 months playing classic WOW. Because let face it what’s the reason of doing most of the same thing again from beginning for no reason… And here is my idea.
As we know lots of item are gone and the only one way to get something before Cataclysm came out is Black Market ( gears / mounts / achievements ).
My idea is once you reach character lvl60 , you will be able to transfer one per 14 days ( maybe in reset server day ) item from Classic to Live server ( only one way ). It could work like " Restoration Item " with some limits. Transferring BoE item from Classic will be BoP on Live server to avoid selling it on AH ( item will be just for transmog ).
However transferring weapon like Rhok’delar, Longbow of the Ancient Keepers, will transfer everything related to this item ( Quest chain and Achievement if there is any ). Even transferring mount from Zul’Gurub or even getting Black Qiraji Resonating Crystal mount you had to spend lots of time back in Vanilla just to gather gear for this raid. Not mention about MC or even BWL resistance gear. Thanks to this transfer service most of players will focus on playing Classic WoW instead of complaining lack of BfA content.
If that would work well Blizzard could add transfer character from Classic to Live server for some $$ ( free for new players that does not have any expansion )

Sorry for my English, let me know what you think about this idea.

Not to shoot down your idea, but they made it pretty clear there will be no interaction between Classic and Retail.

Anyways, people around these parts are quite hostile to ANY idea that changes Classic.

18 Likes

Dat troll voodoo.

21 Likes

If you don’t want to play Classic for the sake of playing Classic then you’re not welcome.

13 Likes

Man people really like to resurrect this horse

9 Likes

Uhm, it takes average players more than 2 to 3 months just to level up to 60…

4 Likes

And then their is the impact this change would have on the classic community itself.

3 Likes

5 Likes

I want my level 3 access back

6 Likes

Yea. It makes replying so much easier. Picture is worth a 1000 words. Lol.

2 Likes

I hereby initiate a vote to revoke padrepwns gif and picture posting privileges until such a time that he has written 1000 words for every gif and picture he has ever posted

4 Likes

No, and double no. Classic is not for everyone, and that’s ok. People from live can try it and most might not like it and return to live which is ok. And some will stay, and some will switch between. It’s all good. The goal of classic is not to bring all live players to it, but to preserve what it was and allow those who enjoy the more slower pace to experience it again without people just farming stuff for live.

4 Likes

Lol. I’ll be writing for a long time. I hated emojis and gifs until I started using them here. Now I can’t stop.

1 Like

Exactly. Classic does not exist so those in BFA can unlock rewards. Classic exists so those who want to play classic can play it

4 Likes

LOL, he does use a few for sure.

This thread is now officially an intervention on padrepwn. We don’t need to discuss the op anymore

5 Likes

4 Likes

LOL, haven’t seen Alf in years, nay decades…

5 Likes

Wow. Talk about a blast from the past.

2 Likes

You guys remember how alf ended?

2 Likes