Friends buying gold for GDKP runs

A gold buyer in my guild was banned for 3 weeks and kept the gold he bought

and people called me racist for saying indonesians are doing alot of the gold farming / selling LOL

2 Likes

lol I have heard that come up in a discussion before.

Someone was saying tokens would be good to combat gold buying, and someone else said if the game economy revolved around real money transfers then he’d have no problem cheating outright. If he got banned so be it.

When the game mixes into real life, then you must play it like real life. You do what you need to do get ahead within that game’s rules, which in the revised case becomes federal and state laws, no longer whatever rules blizzard sets out for their game, because it is in effect no longer blizzard’s game people are playing, but another larger all encompassing game people have already been playing their whole lives.

just do gdkp’s and take the gold from buyers then?

make about 3k a week after buying consumes raiding on 2 chars in gdkp raids.

Why do gdkps when you can just hack your gold for free?

free gold?

1 Like

Free gold, just hack your character to make the server give you GM privileges and then use a script like:

.send money player_name “subject” “message” #money

Where have you been the past 15 years?

Why break the law and pay $15 a month in order to not play a game? Why not just not play the game for $0 and zero time spent? I guess that’s what the player base eventually figured out, which is probably reflected in the subscription numbers.

3 Likes

There are US servers at this point already. The only ones losing here are legit players and blizzard for not raking in

We’re talking about a video game here, not buying luxury items in real life. Either you believe pay-to-win in video games is bad or you don’t. I believe it is very bad. And my reaction to tokens is, “It was said that you would destroy the Sith, not join them!”

Maybe that they would just buy more gold, and try different tactics. What’s your solution?

1 Like

I’m going to stick to my guns; that is Dreamhaven should purchase the rights to classic wow.

You know what Mike Morhaime’s handpicked crew that was Blizzard tended to do?

Create industry leading games that were unrivaled. Warcraft/Starcraft, Diablo, WoW. Some people might chime in and say, they didn’t create these genres, they only innovated upon them. But, it would be difficult to deny that they created the best-in-class, industry revolutionizing archetypes for these genres.

I don’t think Dreamhaven should purchase the rights to any WoW assets. I think they should innovate, and dominate the genre.

1 Like

I actually wrote them an email about a game idea and they responded back to me and thanked me for my input and wished me Aloha.

The difference between activision and Dreamhaven is night and day.

I am very excited to see how far they go.

1 Like

Me too! It’s the dream, really. And of course it’s worth following!

That’s so awesome :heart:

1 Like

I dont know what to tell you friend. Dude buys gold, i dont really care what he does with his money. I dont think that buying a character and gear is any kind of advantage in WoW since you dont magically gain skill at a class cause you get gear.

I mean gear is negligible compared to stacking full world buffs which is already a form of pay to win since you’re paying for summons, portals, head drops, heart drops, resets etc… people make a lot of gold off just the whole world buff circuit.

God forbid the development team actually, I don’t know, do their job?

Wouldn’t want to take any time away from shadowlands, probably would ruin the company of we had just one less cosmetic choice for character creation screen - much more important of course!

1 Like

Technically he snitched on himself

1 Like

snitches get stiches