Friends buying gold for GDKP runs

Alright, lets look at other expensive hobbies. People that enjoy firearms is a great one. Rounds cost money and the means to use that ammunition can also be quite expansive. Easily consuming that amount of money. In a single shot. However, that is the hobby they enjoy and want to take part in. That being said its easy to say expensive things are expsnive.

What if we go with something like Miniatures for things like Warhammer? Well those are cheaper but as you get deeper and deeper into that it starts to gain its expense. I mean i could go on with examples of people that spend far too much on there chosen hobbies (cars, computers, art, boating, fishing etc…) So i dont begrudge a person for applying cash to there chosen hobby. I do think its silly to get digital currency since there is no viable return on your investment though for the most part people dont look for returns they want the fun of it.

I would say this tells me blizzard probably should add in the blizzard token if for no other reason than to stop bots and gold sellers. Though selling boosts may be a bridge too far for Classic. Yet if you have one might as well offer the other and that would end the boosting scene for all but the most lazy/commited. Awful Solution since it could be solved with some Support from blizzard stopping the more overt farming from bots.

Get cheap soviet bloc surplus ammo, wide variety and good prices! Best thing ever made since canned beans. But yeah, MMO devs are notorious for cashing in on whales and players easily influenced by addictive mechanics like loot boxes or that one kid who spent $20,000 USD just so his favorite Twitch streamer could display his name a few times all for a transient dopamine rush.

2 Likes

This is obviously a troll post (literally) and yall should stop responding to it seriously…
I highly highly highly doubt someone would just randomly drop $1500 in gold to gear an alt for one. And also, it takes less than 1k to boost to 60. There’s just no world where it takes 5k.

EIther you’re lying to troll (most likely) or your “friend” is lying to you and you’re just awfully gullible

Talk about lazy …good lord.

This one buys.

2 Likes

Right people don’t buy gold and the black market doesn’t exist.

1 Like

Who cares at this point.

In 4 month all gold in classic will be worthless. All of it.

1 Like

Good ole daily quests. One of the great downfalls of WoW.

Hmm with people paying upwards of 40k for DFT and/or Tear I don’t see how it’s much of a stretch that someone would spend 5k on their 60 boost.

I don’t know what’s more amusing, the people trying to say gold buying isn’t happening or activision just giving that money away for free to the gold sellers.

You’d be surprised how many people buy gold. A lot of these guys are using 1000g worth of just consumables every single week of raiding. Not to mention having titanic leggings, Lionheart helm and edgemasters. I get it, most classes you can maybe farm 100g per hour, or you can spend 1 hour worth of real money and get 700g.

Not to mention the ones spending all that gold also raid log, making it even more unbelievable that they legitimately farm their own gold.

4 Likes

For all of you advocating for tokens, I’d invite you to look at how the CN servers operate. It’s miserable there. Gold is inflated beyond belief, you NEED to buy gold to keep up there. EVERYTHING circulates around RMT on those servers. As for bots? Still plenty of those running around those servers selling boosts, instance lockouts and raid runs for real cash.

Token solves nothing. Its a lazy bandaid that has proven it doesn’t work.

5 Likes

Agreed, Kandlejack.

Lazy bandaid would describe a lot of activisions actions, the ones that aren’t simply steaming hot garbage.

2 Likes

I mean is plaguebloom on your server over 100g a stack?

Its a hot mess on a lot of servers in the US as well. I mean a flask is 200ish gold to make, so thats about 4 hours of farming for a class per flask if they average 50g an hour which most classes do.

1 Like

Snitches get stitches bro

1 Like

This is a bad analogy.

In collecting hobbies, the whole point is to find and buy items with real money and accumulate them.

In a video game, particularly an RPG, the point is to play the game, overcome the obstacles presented, and gain a feeling of reward as your character continuously grows in power. If you remove the “playing the game” and “overcoming the obstacles” part, the corresponding rewarding feeling is also removed or at least greatly diminished. And people who do this are either too ignorant to realize it or too undisciplined to refrain from taking the quick and easy path.

So it’s up to the developer to design the game so that the quick and easy path is not an available option, for the health of the game and hobby and for the good of the players. I know it’s difficult, because there are economic forces at work, but Blizzard has done a poor job of doing this, IMO. And in retail, they don’t even try anymore, and it’s a reason why the game is not nearly as popular as it used to be, IMO.

8 Likes

Ohnoes I’ve been discovered.

U no wut ah did lass summer.

/golfclap

Hey Kerg, great post, thank you.

I would liken your sentiment to this: it’s often about the journey not the destination.

I would say the good time I’ve had in Vanilla WoW, Private Servers and (rarely) Classic WoW we’re about the journey to 60 and the random moments with my friends and guildies once I hit 60 where we were farming HK’s or pre-bis or whatever’s. Once we started logging to preserve world buffs it seemed like the journey was over and the game was basically over (for me at least).

3 Likes

Honestly if you want to enjoy the game with your friends stop getting world buffs. It stops making you angry when you die in raid, it lets you actually play the characters you like.

Find what sparks your joy again.

1 Like

Thanks for the advice bro!

I actually stopped raiding back in p2 as I already cleared all the content in vanilla and on private servers multiple times. I was just playing with RL friends when classic released. I could see the writing on the wall even in early p2 and knew the quality of the WoW Classic experience wasn’t worth my time.

I spend most my time now leveling alts and complaining about the hot garbage that is activision on the forums.

Alohas!

1 Like

Wrong?

Many People will always buy short cuts if they have the money to do so. It doesnt make them anymore capable than a person who did it fro mscratch but i am sure that peopel can buy expensive race cars or other such items from people to bypass the learning factor. As any person can by an expansive gun but that wont overcome any of the aspects of using it.

Buying a boost is just buying the power without understanding how it may work. People do that all the time.