Why don't you like GDKP?

“I love GDKPs because I get cuts of laundered gold.”

3 Likes

Congratulations getting dirty gold from gold buyers.

1 Like

You have 0 proof that people aren’t buying gold.

Literally 0.

1 Like

Let’s put it this way:

Say a bank just got robbed. You have a prime suspect, but no conclusive evidence

Two people come forward. The first person presents a handful of receipts totaling a large sum of money, all paid in cash, by the suspect a few days after the robbery took place. The second person says “no they didn’t do it because I said so”.

Who are you more likely to believe and follow up on? The guy who actually gave supporting evidence that could lead to more conclusive evidence down the line? Or the other guy because “they said so”?

1 Like

I mean people certainly are buying gold. It’s far harder to prove who those people is unless they flat out admit it.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/friends-buying-gold-for-gdkp-runs/684007/60

https://www.reddit.com/r/classicwow/comments/kqj7at/gold_farmers_and_the_evolution_of_gdkp_you_are/

https://www.wowhead.com/news=316393.2/the-increasing-impact-of-botting-and-rmt-in-classic-wow

" . I used the gold mainly to buy items in GDKP where for example I bought within the last 2 …"

Google search. I’m not clicking that website.

Jun 20, 2020 — I got struck by the Banwave on Wednesday on my WoW Classic Account for using third party software. … I used the gold mainly to buy items in GDKP where for example I bought within the … Best wait for the reply from the GM.

Sep 28, 2020 — … ready for Naxx GDKP’s / Raid Mats can even get you into BWL, AQ 40, Naxx GDKP raids so you can buy your best in slot gear with the gold!

Go ahead, plug your ears and go lalala.

2 Likes

As soon as someone does a poopy political take that is completely unrelated to the topic, to the ignore list they go! No different than trade chat.

I do love the “you didn’t prove they didn’t do it” that’s not how proof works. You have to prove something happened not disprove something.

For example “prove that there is not currently a Burger King in orbit around Saturn”

“You have any evidence there is one?”

“Nope, but unless you can prove there isn’t one then I am going to assume there is one”

See how stupid that sounds?

This late in the game of course, but denying gold obtained from gdkp is legit is absolutely delusional. By now hearing somebody drop 10-15k for dft is the norm. And it shouldn’t be.

1 Like

Why not? 10-15k for a BiS item this late in the game is entirely reasonable.

Pro-gdkp players… answer me this.

What is the entire point of playing Classic wow if you’re just going to buy all of your gear? So you can quit raiding on that character and do it on another? Is it to act “leet” and pretend like you legitimately earned the gear you paid for? Become a parse lord?

Aside from ruining the economy with bots, inflation, turning a legit merit based game into a pay to win game for the lulz… yeah, i guess there is nothing wrong with gdkp runs.

Hell, at this point, Blizzard should just have all the gear in their shop and you can purchase what you would like with real money. For RP servers, there can be a blizzard customer service rep standing next to the armor/weapon shop to take your credit card right away.

3 Likes

I want to buy my gear from the cash shop so I can play the game

It’s pretty simple, elementary school-level economics. If a market exists, it will be exploited. If people were not buying massive amounts of gold, the bot/seller presence would not be as high as it is. Why would these people waste so many accounts and so much time if there was no profit to be made?

So either a handful of people are spending six figures of IRL money, or many people are regularly buying gold. Given the prevalence of GDKP as a method of casual gearing, even a kid could put two and two together.

GDKP runs are the primary way to launder bought gold. If RMT wasn’t a problem, GDKP wouldn’t be targeted like it is.

1 Like

The same reason any other loot system is used. Why do people use master looter? Why do people use SR/HR? Why do people use DKP/EPGP? Why do people use open rolls?

So are you blaming McDonalds for making people fat when they order 50 cheeseburger’s per meal? If people buy gold and want to buy gear with it in a GDKP run that’s their prerogative. I’m not going to tell them to not give me gold. Its blizzards job to discipline them, not mine, not yours, and not the communities.

1 Like

You have to be joining the worst GDKP’s of all time. That afk person your talking about bid them up, like waaaay up if you think they will pay, and the good gdkp’s most of the time are ran by carry guilds that could clear it without the help of the buyers at all. Those gdkp runs give % bonus to the top ranged, top melee, top heals. Be more selective. GL to ya mate.

1 Like

False equivalency fallacy. Someone ordering 50 cheeseburgers per meal does not impact the overall burger economy. Now, if half the US did so, it would drastically affect the dairy market, causing a shortage, causing a price increase of cheeseburgers.

Gold is not a finite resource. The only finite resource is time, and that is already circumvented by multiple accounts. In-game currency selling is such a lucrative market that buying new accounts is just overhead and not a set back.

1 Like

There isnt even a fallacy of inconsistancy here to claim. Im saying as a business of course McDonalds is going to serve someone 50 burgers if they order it, regardless if they know its bad for them. It would be bad business practice to turn down an easy profit. The same can be said of GDKP’s. If people keep showing up to buy gear of course they are going to continue. Your hatred of injustice is misplaced. Hate the fact that people buy gold, not why they buy gold, or what they do with the gold they buy. Its utterly childish to view it in any other way.

as I said before

I just made 474 gold off of my BWL gdkp.

They are great.

Nice what dropped?