Friendly NPC A.I. Bots for Dungeon Finder Groups

they could make solo raids too

has anybody thought of this yet… like an mmorpg but for solo players? is that a thing?

1 Like

just click an option on LFD or LFR

" I want to solo this "

1 Like

If this ever takes place I might use it.

1 Like

Wait, those aren’t A.I.'s that I’ve been playing with?

1 Like

FFXIV has this and its kind of boring but they did say they want to cater to the people who want to play the game like a solo game so its an option. Now the trade off in FFXIV is that the npcs in dungeons did far less damage than actual players. Thus adding like 5-10 min of time it takes to clear the dungeon on average.

1 Like

This is exactly what FF14 does and it’s the best MMO atm.
This way people that don’t want to play in groups can play alone and you don’t have to deal with them in your group.
If you thought about it you’d realize it’s smart.

1 Like

Yeah. They’ve even locked an entire covenant behind a dungeon quest. It was super fun going through all the trouble of joining up with the Kyrian only to find out that a Spires run is required.

2 Likes

I know. I hit the same wall as well and that is where my Kyrian alt is stuck.

1 Like

There’s so much false about this post I assume it’s trolling? Neither of these games release subscription numbers. You can certainly speculate that activity is declining because they’re on the way to their first major patch since the expansion launched.

This happens to every game so you’re probably right about a decline, but you’re just pulling numbers out of thin air.

Anywho, I enjoy both games, as do a lot of people. Both are successful in their own right. But FFXIV isn’t bleeding players the way WoW has been, and if you can trust the information on MMO-population, FFXIV has nearly twice as many daily active players as WoW and WoW JUST released a patch.

Sauce:

The funny thing about this conversation is that FFXIV is actually updating their trust system with their upcoming patch, which is what the OP is asking for in this game. It’s a great feature.

2 Likes

same here.

I did it on LFD and it was a snap, except for the VtK cause the tank might have missed a slip and when it failed, 2 players rage quit…

on normal :frowning:

Yeah. That is what I addressed in my post on the Council forum.

I personally feel that while the game is multiplayer and others are around, the Role Play part and story should not be gated behind forced group content. I should not have to deal with the anxiety and hostility that can go with that kind of thing. All forced grouping does is block and alienate player who are not adept at it.

Save the best rewards for groups doing hard versions. Certainly. Just don’t block crafting (Legion), or Story (BfA Alliance especially), behind quests that require groups. At least they finally put in skips for the dungeon content for Allied races for Alliance.

3 Likes

It’s sad these days when you’d rather have bots to play with than the very people around you in an online game. I understand why people would want this, but it’s just sad it’s a thing. I know the community hasn’t always been wonderful, but it definitely seems to be getting far more exclusive than inclusive. No one has time for you if you suck, no one wants to help you, and you’re wasting their time if you do. These attitudes probably would still exist no matter what, but I think current end game design fosters it to the point of pushing people like myself away from it. Sadly it likely isn’t going to change much in the years to come as people love competitive seasons, leaderboards, and special elite achievements. Normally I’d be fine with difficult achievements and content but in this game something just doesn’t feel right.

That said I’d be down for bots for even low level Mythic + keys as well to help fill in. Not sure if they’d want to support this new tech as it’d likely take a lot of work, but if it makes people want to advance farther then why not. I’d even be down for alternative advancement solo content that gives you great rewards such as cosmetics, mounts, and great gear pieces to help boost ilevel alongside mythic plus and raiding. It wouldn’t have to be able to be as good as +15 and likely not be as effecient, but a fun alternative advancement option nonetheless.

2 Likes

That is how WoW has always been though. In Vanilla, TBC, etc you needed a guild to do even attunements usually which included heroic dungeons. To get in a raiding guild of any stripe you had to fill out an application, do an interview, and engage in trial runs.

LFD and eventually LFR, we supposed to make that group content accessible to those who did not have a raiding guild. However, it still prioritized GROUP content over RPG content - which is what I personally consider the core of the genre. The character, the story, the journey.

I don’t know how I feel about this though. Personally I feel some rewards should be tied to difficulty, and the need to do that with a coordinated group of humans.

Not sure where a line would be drawn that feels satisfying to both solo/AI players and those who want to feel rewards for pushing harder content.

I do think the game can increase focus on the story and RPG elements and decrease the REQUIREMENT to do group content while making most people satisfied. That has been a big complaint for years now that solo/casual content feels like an afterthought compared to the focus on group content.

Agreed on the last point for sure. In regards to the applications and stuff of old I always thought that stuff was hilarious when coming from just being a casual gamer who had never played mmorpg’s before. It seemed so bizarre to me people needed applications, trials, and more like that. Not all guilds required this however from what I recall in Wrath at least, but the community was still very choosy in who they picked. It’s one thing that has always pushed me away from raiding more than anything back then so I just didn’t even try it until the end of Cata and start of MoP. These days at least Normal mode is fairly puggable, but I have yet to find a chill level headed guild to hang out with. There’s just too much of a competitive vibe that imo feels incredibly strange.

I’m just here to play a video game as entertainment but the requirement to grind and grind for those drops and mythic plus ruined it quite a bit for me personally (while obviously dealing with drama and politics as well). I’ve come to realize that perhaps end game in mmo’s just isn’t for me at all as they take it way too serious.

Play a single player game instead. Tons of bots.

1 Like

Careful, people think that you can’t play more than one mmo.

For a lot of us, WoW is and has always been primarily a single-player game. That’s the beauty of MMOs.

2 Likes

No. That’s the problem with MMOs nowadays. Trying to cater to everyone.

1 Like

Ah, good call. They should get rid of player groups and cater to my style specifically. There’s other games out there dedicated exclusively to people who want to play with other people in groups.

Cheers.

1 Like

That was a whole essay, somehow lacking any constructive feedback just to say one thing.