Freshscales Fifteen REMOVED from Pathfinder

that smiling hazzikostas image is seared into my brain

I still see people complaining about pathfinder in this thread.

we go through almost an entire expansion where you can’t use dragonriding mounts in the old world, and we can’t use regular flying mounts in the new one.

this xpac has been pretty comical really.

1 Like

to be fair i like pathfinder, if it gives me a mount reward. but they havent the last few

There has been a precedent set for old, zero-G flying.

Though the precedent shifted from “Farm gold for weeks” to “Farm reps for hours and hours” to what is currently, “Do the campaign and get the Explorer achieve.”

In the end, doesn’t really matter to me since I’d stick to dragonriding and anyone who plays with WM on will too because otherwise they will just be sitting ducks for people still trying to get their dismounts for Skyscourge. :>

Not everyone can use dragon riding. It makes some of us very sick.

2 Likes

Thinking its most likely just the players having legit issues with DRing that’ll be using old flight for the most part.
Wondering if theyd bother having warmode on in the first place.

it wouldnt disgust me quite as much if I didnt think Ion wasnt intelligent enough to KNOW which players are affected by this particular pathfinder.

Either he’s oblivious…and things need to change…or…he knows full well its lesser abled players who are the only ones who really are paying any price with PF at all this time around given we got DRing so quick for everyone else to use.

Spite is a good word.
petulance.
petty.
Ego.

2 Likes

I think a mount reward, specifically tied to expansion aesthetics would be a great idea

1 Like

So that precludes them from making dragon riding available in the non dragon areas?

i have never said that. I hope they do allow dragon riding in the other areas for those that want it.

In fact I would love to see if someone (not me) can make it from Booty Bay to the portal to the Ghostlands without stopping.

This is what we heard for years about pathfinder requirements to fly in Legion and WoD. “Just play normally, like I did”, as though it is in any way “normal” to grind old content for literally months to be able to travel to do old transmog runs.

2 Likes

I don’t see why y’all are complaining about “filthy casual” winning when they removed that requirement. Some players have disabilities that affect their mobility in their hand (or hands) that make dragonriding impossible for them to use. I don’t mind dragonriding as it’s fun but sometime I’d have one of these days that I’d get a cramp due to arthritis flaring up once a while. So, sometime when that happen, I just switch to flight path and try my best to fly to a location I need to go.

3 Likes

They are still missing the point. Pathfinder has always been awful and pointless. It is even more so in dragonflight than any other expansion.

It is a punishment for newcomers. It is a punishment for returning players and its a thorn in the side for those who have always been here hoping to play with either of the other groups.

Get rid of it. It serves no purpose.

I’m thinking a Dragon Isle native flightless bird would be a good addition about now.

I’d even use my pre-grinded 15 renown to get it.

Renown has absolutely nothing to do with pve or pvp, its an open world activity so it dosent realy matter whan content you do. Also cmon… getting renown 15 isnt something hard. Even if they kept renown as a reuirement is would be 100 times easyer than in past pathfidners

Generally speaking. If there becomes a mount reward for pathfinder I think it would need to be a normal flying mount.

Personally it’s all the same to me.

Does the removal of Freshscales really make much, if any, difference?

Don’t you basically need to - can’t help but - reach R15 anyway to complete the campaigns? I can’t say because I never pushed any alt that far.

Thank you, it got buried since people were moving on, but thanks for refreshing. We need to discuss more.

1 Like

I dropped out with my highest alt at like R12, so yeah, it all seemed pretty pointless when I came back a couple weeks ago. Now I have to go back and pick up these threads?