"Fresh TBC" - Why a fresh start for all realms will benefit WOW CLASSIC

It’s grasping at straws to argue that survey results that Blizzard has undertaken are meaningless and don’t have any indication on the general, rough interest of the playerbase.

Who knows if there will be? Most likely, there’ll be a few determined to stay in Classic, and those who don’t want to progress can transfer there.

I didn’t say meaningless. I said not accurate. However, I will claim that I didn’t need to partake in any Poll in letting Blizz know that I sought for Classic. I was around, when they were deleting topics even talking about Legacy Servers. And then, they finally caved and gave ONE topic to discuss Legacy Servers. I was sure to have my voice heard in that ONE single topic.

Cool. Even if you don’t think it’s accurate, it doesn’t matter if Blizzard does. And they likely do.

I think they base their decisions off of MORE things than just Polls and Surveys :roll_eyes:

I’m sure they take into account discussions on the Forums, Twitter, YouTube, their Blizzcons, etc.

They’ll base it off of what is easiest, and most likely profitable. Which, coincidentally, is progressing existing servers and offering transfers to Classic only servers.

The problem with this is I find both BC and Classic to be two separate games. And, why progressing the already made Classic Servers into BC but leaving the “new” Classic Servers as “fresh” (with the option to transfer BC Characters onto Classic) is worse. “Fresh” BC makes more sense. But, I have a different approach, which I’ve expressed, numerously:

I have no interest in preserving classic when TBC comes out.

There is almost certainly no way the current servers will have enough population to stay even remotely populated once TBC hits if they either copy everyone into TBC or force them to transfer off. That’s why it’s more like there will be several target Classic locked servers, so they can play together.

It’d take a lot more effort to transfer everyone to a TBC realm, or have to transfer each person’s account (or select characters), than it would to allow people to move to a Classic only realm.

I really don’t care about popularity. Why do Classic Only Players have to start over but not BCers? That makes no sense!

We can work on combining Classic Servers, later. We’re talking about implementing BC.

My suggestion isn’t that difficult to implement. We can fix the population issue AFTER implementing BC. Your suggestion is a lot more work than what I’m suggesting.

Because there are a lot more than we could imagine that how many people are there in China. They want to keep their cha as in a progressive way, which i also want. The more people require the more likely Blizzard does listen to what they want , which has to do with their way to manage. The progressive is the option that is never ruled out. I did make my own effort on my characters and i do not want to lose any of those with stuff earned. What i did make is mine and i will keep this.

A well constructed survey is extremely accurate. Blizzard has all the data they need to create a representative sample. Your claim that it’s not accurate just means you don’t know much about statistical analysis.

2 Likes

I understand what you’re saying, and I wouldn’t want this either, for Classic. You didn’t put any work into BC. You put work into Classic. They’re two different games.

I agree but where is this “well constructed survey”? Blizz had one (by them and not by third parties), but I didn’t even get the chance to participate in it. It wasn’t even up for long. It’s not reflective of EVERYONE.

I’m sure they do. NOT just because of Polls and Surveys, though. There are other forms of finding out what people want. Such as these discussions, here on these forums. Behind the scenes Tickets (it’s ludicrous to think this doesn’t happen). E-Mails, Twitter, Discussions on YouTube, etc.

Sorry, you haven’t convinced me that they are just because you began talking about me, as a character. Try again.

They’re not. TBC is an expansion to Classic without any significant overhauls.

They can’t survey every single account. The fact you think they have to in order to get a sufficient sample size is silly, and there wasn’t just one survey.

You can keep arguing all you want, but the way they handled it was the best way to feasibly do it without forcing all of us to do the survey at log in.

1 Like

They are two different Games. BC introduces the concept of Paladins for Horde and Shamans to Alliance. It may seem/appear “small” or not really “significant”, but it truly is. Once you begin a Level 1 experience with that, it’s already different. Along with two additional Races, the JC Profession, Guild Banks, etc. All of those are accessible pre-Outlands/level 60.

Sure, they can! If they kept up their own personal Survey more than just 2 days, would’ve had a much more accurate reading of what the player base wants. Also, just because it’s silly to you, doesn’t mean it’s silly for everyone else.

Also, let’s not discount those that have quit, but their voice is equally as important, especially if Blizz wants to gain back their business.

By Blizz, there was. By other sites, I’m sure there’s quite a bit. Like I said, not EVERYONE knows about those surveys nor how to access/participate in said surveys.

Also, not everyone floods the Forums, either. There’s A LOT of content Players with how things are, but their gameplay gets altered because of other individuals. For example, PL. That definitely hindered the Raiding Experience. Perhaps, one day, Blizz will make it, so it sticks with LFD and Raid Finder. And, the old Loot System will make its way back, but I doubt it.

I will, the more people respond to me, talking about my character instead of the topic, at hand. Along with not making any sense (to me, obviously).

Slightly agree. My only concern was how short lived it was. It wasn’t up long. Perhaps, if it was up longer with an actual deadline displayed, it would have a better and more accurate reading of the Playerbase.

They’re not.

That’s fine. Blizzard got what they wanted.

And they may have gotten the survey.

How dare Blizzard hire a service that exists purely to survey.

Sure, and Blizzard can also tell that populations are dwindling on Classic.

The good news is that it doesn’t matter if it makes sense to you or not.

1 Like

They are. I just explained how they are. BC fundamentally alters the game just with the fact that Horde can have Paladins, and Alliance can have Shamans, with that alone. Just because you say they’re not, doesn’t mean they’re the same.

I believe they’re satisfied with their insufficient data, yes. Doesn’t take away from my point.

May doesn’t mean that they did. I play Blizz Games, almost daily. And, I didn’t get the chance to participate.

Sure, doesn’t mean they’re accurate.

This is not relevant to Polls and Surveys being “accurate”. Despite all of that, just because Classic has smaller numbers, doesn’t mean some (not all) Players don’t want to play it nor are playing it.

I’m sure if Blizz wants to push forward with whatever they want to push forward with. They have the right to do whatever they want.

Just like I have a right to voice my discontent with some (not all) of their decisions. For the purpose of this discussion, like I said, the more you respond to me (with stuff that doesn’t make sense to me), the more I’m going to respond. So, for the purpose of this discussion, I’m not convinced nor have changed my mind on how I feel. So, that settles that :+1:

No, you’re being a purist. It’s the same fundamentals with some changes, but primarily updates and additions. It’s an expansion, not an overhaul. It doesn’t matter how you word it.

Just as it doesn’t matter if it makes sense to you or not, it doesn’t matter if you think it’s insufficient.

Neither did I. They don’t survey everyone, nor do they need to.

Again, doesn’t matter if you think it’s accurate or not. Your tantrum is irrelevant.

It’s absolutely relevant to Blizzard’s decisions for if they’re going to keep all of the servers as they are or progress most or all of them.

And that’s the last I’ll respond. You basically whine that you’re not considered important and that your opinion and voice doesn’t really impact anyone, and that’s all you do.

1 Like

It’s not about being a “purist”. It’s not the same “fundamentals” with “some changes”. The Game is heavily altered, along with its story. For example, BanjoKazooie and BanjoTooie are two different Games. You have the same abilities, in BanjoTooie, as you do in BanjoKazooie. But because BanjoTooie progresses/pushes the story forward is a completely different game than BanjoKazooie and vice versa.

You let me know how having Horde Paladins and Alliance Shamans is the same game as Classic, which doesn’t allow for Horde Paladins nor Alliance Shamans. Alongside having two additional Races, playing alongside our world, with the concept of Guild Banks and the JC profession. It’s not the same Game, no matter how you word it.

Wording does matter. So, do all of the minor details. Just like all of those that don’t believe in the “#nochanges” movement because the Game is already changed. Also, I’m not looking to get into it about “#nochanges” and QoL Changes because that’s not what we’re talking about.

Just like, it doesn’t really matter if Blizz wants to listen to anyone who wants what they want. Because Blizz will do what they want to do. Influenced by its Playerbase, sure, but they don’t always do that.

Regardless, whether you disagree with my opinion hasn’t changed my mind on how I feel about the subject. Which is the whole reason why you’re talking to me. You’re not going to “scare” me into Silence. No matter how many times you tell me my opinions don’t matter. I’m not going to stop talking nor express my opinions. If you ACTUALLY want to change my mind, you’d stick with the subject at hand instead of changing it around, into what we’re actually talking about.

Regardless, if Blizz does what YOU want, does NOT (I repeat, does NOT) take away from my stance, that the Polls and Surveys are not reflective nor accurate. It just proves, Blizz catered to a certain sub-group based off of an insufficient (that I find) Survey. Because Blizz is perfectible entitled to do so. It doesn’t take away from my point.

I never said “need to”. I just said the Poll and Survey is just not accurate because it’s not reflective. Even if it was for just a handful of people, I would find it to be more reflective, had the Poll/Survey lasted longer than just 2 days. But, they didn’t, therefore I don’t find it accurate nor reflective. It just means, that those who did participant seem (keyword) to have a lot of time on their hands to find every Poll and Survey possible, to participate in.

Again, it doesn’t matter if you think or Blizz thinks that my “tantrum” (to use your words, I’m not going to argue against what you think my stance is called because it really is irrelevant), I’m still going to say, what I want to say pertaining to discussions. Doesn’t matter if Blizz listens to me or not, I’m still going to state my opinions because it is my right to do so. If I find Polls and Surveys to be inaccurate, not reflective nor sufficient, then I will say so. If you don’t want to see me doing it, please utilize the Forum Settings to ignore me, so you don’t have to see my “tantrums”. I’m not going to stop “throwing tantrums” just because you want me to.

I agree, that Blizz utilizes more than just their Polls and Surveys. That’s EXACTLY what I’m saying! What I’m saying is (in regards to calling what you’re talking, prior, as “irrelevant”) that the declining Classic numbers has no barring nor relevancy into me thinking that (somehow) magically makes Polls and Surveys “more accurate, reflective and/or sufficient”. Because it doesn’t.

Good.

Now, we’re back to talking about me, as a character. Great conversation. Still hasn’t changed my mind in whether or not Polls and Surveys are “accurate” because they’re not.

Glad, some (not all) like to focus on me (as a character) rather than the subject matter, at hand :+1:

I wasn’t aware that new expansions are not actually expansions, but totally different games. Playing on a server on retail for years and when a new expansion goes live, you can still log on to the same server, log on to the same character with the same gear and achievements and reputations, but it’s a different game.
I misunderstood what an expansion actually is :thinking::thinking:

1 Like

I didn’t expect to convince you because you are clueless about polling and statistical analysis. You’ve just posted more evidence of that fact. I was just pointing out the obvious for the people who are educated.