Fresh TBC option as a counter to the boost

How does that relate to my comment?

Um, because they’d rather have people playing and paying on an optional fresh boostless server than not playing and paying at all.

2 Likes

You missed saying ce mythic denathrius. :smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp:

Clearly they don’t agree with you if they aren’t doing any fresh servers.

They aren’t giving you the option because they want you to pay up for a boost.

You sound like the Wall of No people from years ago. Yeah, there’s not a fresh server until there is one.

But…why do you care? Just another case of people saying, “I don’t want a fresh server, so no one should have one!!!”

1 Like

Lol when did I say that? I would love a fresh server.

I’m pointing out that Blizz isn’t doing them purely so they can make more money off the boost.

I’m literally on your side, stop being so quick to judge.

Your reasoning doesn’t make any sense. They’d rather have people quit than give a fresh option? At one per account…it’s more profitable having people paying a sub for a few months.

Also, you’re really arguing that players so anti-boost that they want to start over in a new server are going to be big purchasers of the boost if they don’t have that option?

A fresh, boostless, no-transfer server shuts everyone up. It ends the controversy. Everyone has the option to play where they want. It appeals to al types of players. Everybody is happy.

1 Like

IMO a very small amount of people will quit because there’s no fresh option offered. A fraction of a percent.

If people only have the choice to play on existing servers progressing to TBC with boosts, there will be a lot of people who feel like they NEED to buy them just to keep up. That extra profession alt, or that Hunter/Warlock they always wanted but couldn’t be bothered with.

Look I want a fresh server too, for all the same reasons, the community would love it.

But I just can’t see it happening. Would cost too much while also losing Blizz revenue from the boost.

You know people can still buy a boost on one server and play on the other one as well. Blizz isn’t losing anything. The opposite would be true. They appeal to people who want a fresh server. They appeal to people who don’t want boosts. That’s a big net. There’s really no reason for Blizzard not to do this.

To go back on what I said earlier…you sound like a Wall of No poster. All they said is no one wants Classic servers. It’s such a small percent. Blizz would be wasting money. Drastically underestimating the demand and how successful it would be.

2 Likes

It’s a pipe dream.

But keep on believing brother!

There weren’t going to originally be an RP servers for WoW Classic. Thanks to forum posts like this one, there are now two of them.

Change CAN happen. :wink:

Thanks.

2 Likes

Good God you are way to vested in the notion of boosts killing your buzz. This statement right here is an excellent example of how wildly, overly personal anti-boosters have made this topic.

I definitely agree with this. I personally want to start fresh when TBC comes out because it was hard for me to actually work up the gumption to level up.

The classic community are the people who signed piece of paper pleading blizzard to remake vanilla. Most of those people are going to be #nochanges. There’s propaganda, botting, blizzard cronies, and then finally… after you wade through the lies and find your player base… there’s the classic community.

What they really want but are not asking outright for is a wipe and start over like the private servers did so often.

Which are the people actually playing and willing to play classic.

And no most of those people are not #nochanges. Even most of the people who claimed they were #nochanges actually were #nochangesexceptthechangesilike

And thankfully blizzard realized how garbage that position was in classic and is doing TBC Classic a little better. Heck they’re even finally addressing world buffs in classic and the #nochanges crowd is nowhere to be seen now.

1 Like

Except it wasn’t a garbage position. The classic community is not the people willing to play classic. There’s retail community, the wow community, and the classic community. All blizzard is doing is shooting themselves in the foot. Again.

1 Like

But #nochanges was a garbage position. Blizzard leaned into #nochanges hard and classic wasn’t better for it. A perfect example is batching, something blizzard only added to appease a very small minority of #nochanges players and has been awful in classic and is finally getting removed.

What was wrong with spell batching? It was in classic. I don’t understand why it was so terrible? It felt like classic!

watch what hill you die on lol, batching was not good. especially not to the severity it was implemented.