Fresh TBC option as a counter to the boost

Blizzard - please don’t let the community argue and segregate themselves with extremist views on boosts/mounts etc. and offer 1-3 fresh TBC servers that offer a fresh restart with no gold inflation, people minmax prepped perfectly for TBC where the original world will be dead and void of players ever leveling. This would be a fair alternative to those completely opposed to the boost, inflation of gold, people who want to level with friends or just someone who wants to role a new class or faction but wants the authenticity of the rush to progress a new server. This is by far the best alternative for at least a small subsection of the community and the one I believe will be the closest by far to how actual TBC was when you take away a lot of the negatives that have spiraled out of control across the lifespan of Classic going into Classic TBC. Opinions?

Also, a very interesting take on the pros/cons of some of the decisions going forward is in the video - The Ballad of the Level Boost by Madseasonshow on Youtube. Give it a watch its a pretty realistic summary I feel.

37 Likes

We should get fresh servers, but also no boosting at all.

22 Likes

agreed, id also be in favor of limitations to boost grps with 60s etc.

2 Likes

If you get one fresh server, I guarantee that after three months, your server will have that “not so fresh feeling.”

It will not last and classic will have even more low pop servers than it does now.

5 Likes

Technically neither fresh or tbc classic servers will be authentic.

1. Fresh Servers: People didn’t go into BC at level 1 with no gear

2. TBC Classic: People didn’t have this much gold or having a level boost

5 Likes

Stop asking for a private server, because this is what you are actually asking for.

6 Likes

That’s what they need to do they need to have a blue post and announce this before they alienate such a large player base. I feel like retail players are trying to fit their needs to what classic wow is and i feel that some of the players who have connections to and with blizzard are pushing this so they can just hurry up and gain gear for arenas.

3 Likes

Bro you should probably go outside more lol

1 Like

We have a formal thread up requesting a few new, fresh servers for TBC Classic here: A Formal Request Thread for Fresh/New TBC Servers - #1704 by Skucher-rattlegore

I think it would be a win/win situation myself. A few new, fresh TBC Classic servers would give the RPG community what they want while keeping the current TBC Classic servers for the min/max and Retail tourist crowds. Just open a few new, fresh servers for each realm and disable boosts and transfers on them. I don’t think it would be that hard or costly for Blizzard to do and would give both sides what they want for TBC Classic.

Here’s hoping!! :smiley:

Thanks.

9 Likes

100% agree man, its just crazy to me that so many people AGAINST fresh act like it affects them. if they dont wanna start over they dont have to but just let some of us have a choice lol
its like their satisfaction isnt playing but having us watch them play

5 Likes

Their satisfaction is to have more players who don’t exploit the game, so they can exploit the game.

4 Likes

so true lol

Blizzard has convinced people that this is a good man. They think this is a great idea… they honestly think we are whiners… when it’s whining that made paid services even possible.

3 Likes

too many retailers bled over into it

2 Likes

Pretty much this, some people seem to think a fresh server is a permanent solution to their issues. It’s not.

Dude, I’d pay $4000 bucks to have a server right now in TBC that doesn’t have boosts. Wife would be upset. I think I can manage that crisis though.

1 Like

It will be bad eventually for the beginning it will be 1/10th as bad as the others so thats an temporary change Id settle for. Theres not a single person who isnt 10k bought gold deep who could legitimately say that classic wasnt better the first 3-6 months after launch than it is now. Games completely dead aside from raid logging/bots

I think that had a lot less to do with gold buying than generally most people being at max level. A fresh server won’t change raid logging or the general min maxxing going on.

But yes it would be fun for the 2-3 months where everyone is leveling. Of course so will all TBC servers because it’ll take a few weeks to get everyone back to max level.

What I’d really like to see is a seasonal server so we can continually get that fresh server experience.

Welp, I don’t do that all day so. I bring home the bacon and the sausage, ya feel me?

Fresh BC servers sounds very fun to me. I say lets do it!

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

3 Likes