Fresh and Permanent Classic Servers - A compromise

Here’s a general idea I thought of:

Well, Blizzard can do something like this.

Everyone will still be on one server. There will be those that will start out “fresh”. There will be those who won’t. They can talk to each other, interact each other, etc. However, they can’t group with each other. What they can see in the auction house is different, etc.

Those involved in fresh, will have something signifying that they are doing “fresh”. For the sake of simplicity just like sake, there is a tag next to their name.

That way, we can make everyone happy. The leveling experience will be there. The race to “server first” will be there. The social aspect will be there.

Edit: Let me make this clear, this is an option for the players to “opt in”. Not a mandated thing.

Sorry, I come from a private server and I do not support fresh.

Uhm. Did you read my post. I’m suggesting a solution to make everyone happy. At this point, the Classic community needs to be together. Not divisive.

I also have a solution on my other thread which I feel is more conducive than Fresh servers

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/do-not-have-fresh-classic-servers/885274

You can literally start fresh at any point in time. Start a new character with some friends and put some boundaries up.

Seriously, you can create your own fresh experience at ANY point.

3 Likes

How would it wipe anything? Players wil have full T3 will keep their T3 along with those who want to start over as “fresh”. The fresh players will have their “special” indicator that they are those who are starting fresh. AH are separate. Herbs are separate. They can’t group with each other. However the community is the same. Who knows maybe the fresh group and convince the non fresh group to start a new character.

The point is, people have choice while retaining community.

No thanks. The idea of being crammed all on one server makes my flesh crawl.

I have no problem if an optional fresh server is added for those who want it but mega servers are a no go for me.

They will literally never do this.

A straight up fresh server/seasonal server reset is way more likely down the road.

I keep wondering if the people asking for a FRESH start have actually ever participated in a FRESH launch.

Every single FRESH private server launch was a huge race of hardcore players. If you were behind the curve your leveling experience was significantly different than those in the curve or ahead of it.

Hardcore players/boosters love FRESH experience because it gives them a chance to push for new records and setup early control of markets.

Most people asking for FRESH won’t be able to keep up with the curve, it doesn’t attract casual players like you think it does and you will be left behind spamming “LFM SFK” while APES and Progress are clearing MC day 5 and Kara/Gruul by day 10.

1 Like

They can still have layering. Would you rather have dead server instead? It’s what happened before. Except this time. There is no going back.

They don’t. I keep telling people that it’s either the gold sellers or that extremely few hardcore crowd.

The thing that fresh will heavily damage is the community who will be tricked or forced into rerolling fresh.

IMO, if people want fresh, they should give TBC that option and keep it out of WoW classic.

2 Likes

Excuse you, I will most certainly be playing on P6 vanilla realms until the end of time and there will always be players like myself. Thank you for your myopic analysis.

2 Likes

Everyone has a different idea of what constitutes a “dead” server. A medium-to-low pop server has, for the most part, been just fine for me and is much closer to the vanilla population feel, in my opinion. They already inflated the server pop sizes as it is. If someone wants to play on an overpopulated server that just fine. They have that choice. I do not want to be forced to it.

If blizz does do any merging I hope they will not force anything above what is now considered medium. (probably would have been considered high back in vanilla). Even on a medium server you still have to compete for resources and quest mobs at times. Sorry that’s just not fun for me in any way.

I do not see any appeal to a forced mega server and forcing people to be in some kind of virtual metropolis jam packed with other people everywhere you look. Those who like the “bustling metropolis” are free to play on packed servers.

I also don’t understand why some people keep trying to force others to play on a packed server. Unless it’s just the fact that since they want to be packed body-to-body, competing for resources and quest mobs, and no room to breath, they figure the only way to ensure that is to force/drag everyone else along with them.

1 Like

You can KEEP your T6. And fresh players will also play on the same realm. Is this so hard to fathom?! This is a player choice thing. It’s not all or none. This is all about keeping the community together.

If the players want to feel special about doing fresh, then they can have a special tag next to their name also.

So you tell me who’s being myopic. I’m at least coming up with solution that go beyond, me, you, or I.

Was I not specific to your reply? I said I was against a fresh server for very specific reasons.

That includes force-splitting a community apart through deceptive or untruthful means.

You mentioned same server, but in fact, not having the same players be able to play together is as bad damage as a ‘Fresh realm’

1 Like

No, you’re suggesting a solution to make you happy.

2 Likes

How is sharing the same server force splitting through deceptive and untruthful? The same player will be together not just play together. They can talk. They can communicate. Heck, they can even be in the same guild. Thier economies will just be different. AH’s. Everything that impacts the game itself.

No one is forcing fresh. If you want to keep your T3, go ahead and do so. If you don’t want join a “select crowd” or “seasons” i guess, then you can opt in and do so.

You are essentially opening an option that allows players to roll fresh on the same server by locking interaction that actually matters (yes, playing together).

I don’t want to join a select crowd and I don’t want to join Seassons. That should not be the default option or the norm.

You want to be with a select crowd? You love seasons? Why don’t you make one yourself by re-rolling a level one toon with your friends?

Also, why not play Diablo III and upcoming Diablo IV for that matter? That playstyle focuses on Seasons and “a select crowd”.

Don’t force open a can of worms that will cause a major headache for other players.

1 Like

I am? I might not even play. News flash, Classic was such a huge part of my Vanilla experience, I do care about what happens to it. So you tell me who is being impartial. I am in neither camp.

And I’m suggesting a solution for BOTH sides. How does that make me “happy” even if I’m for one camp or the other. I’m not talking about me, me, me.

To be honest I’m not into starting fresh every few months, but I guess Blizzard could pick one of the old classic servers and get it to reset automatically every 6 months or so.

1 Like