Fresh and Permanent Classic Servers - A compromise

It is considered inappropriate to be posting on a retail toon on a classic forum. It establishes you with a lack of credibility, thought, and manners concerning all topics wow classic.

So are you saying you want an optional server that would be all the things you said in your OP? If it’s an optional server and those of us who want to stay on our smaller servers are free to do so, then I have no problem with it. Those who like overcrowding can do whatever floats their boat as far as I’m concerned. I don’t understand the appeal, but whatever. Some people in RL prefer the middle of New York City. Some don’t.

But that is not how your original post is worded with the “everyone on one server” part.

1 Like

I really don’t give a toss about your dumb forum etiquette, and I’ll keep posting with this character that has a trackable record of my views on things and also has my highest trust level on these forums, thank you very much.

2 Likes

It is your choice, just don’t expect others to take you seriously.

No it’s not. People just use that to grasp at straws. If you want to discuss things do so, the picture next to their name is meaningless

4 Likes

There always will be, but nowhere near as many as you think. Probably will not be a big enough community to support more than a couple servers with tbc launch when the vast majority of the community moves their characters over.

Fresh doesn’t need to happen soon but it’s the most obvious and safest long term play for Blizzard since they can’t just keep on making a classic version of every expansion.

I guess my assumption was that everyone wants a server that’s alive. The problem with those that want a smaller pop server is that at some point it’s going to die sooner than the others. Then the Classic community somehow has to figure out … well which server is going to be the “main” one? Since we’re all so spread out?

My idea is also from the idea that community is priority number one. Without a community the game is pretty much dead.

The over crowding can easily be fixed by sharding.

It’s an idea worth discussing. It’s to promote discussion from both sides. Not one over the other. Perhaps there is a compromise where we can keep the community intact.

Let’s be honest. We won’t have the player base TBC has. Nor will we have Retail. And as stupid and corny as it sounds, we should stay together.

I mean, you have a classic avatar and nobody has taken you seriously for going on 2 years.

2 Likes

This is a ridiculous idea.

So convoluted. They’ll have fresh for you at some point. Just wait for that.

Well, I do agree with you that community is important. The question becomes how big of a community makes for a pleasant experience. We’re all different on that one. For myself I prefer a smaller community. I believe too large a community diminishes the community feel and defeats the whole idea of community in the first place. Also, I’m not a fan of sharding.

I don’t think there’s much danger of a server being dead completely, in the minds of those who choose to be on a low pop server. And then some servers may go for a time with very low population, but if they go on for too long I don’t doubt Blizz will consider a merge or whatever other unappealing thing they would likely come up with, like a “connection” with tacky tags on our names.

There’s also the question of Bloodsail RP server being the only RP PVE server. That’s where I play. I only have a few characters scattered on other servers from when I was deciding where I wanted to play. What about all those folks? A one-size-fits-none mega server would be a no go for me, no matter how much other people want everyone to be ok with an impersonal mega server, with no choice in the matter.

edit: Another question that comes to mind is how many characters would be allowed. I’ve heard some people say they have the max number of characters.

1 Like

it really is just a compromise that almost no one wants and probably wouldn’t be possible to separate gameplay from them both without making it really dumb.

The lvl 60s already there being able to interact with monsters the fresh players can interact with DOES matter for fresh (as well as wpvp). If you wanted an actual fresh experience, you could not let them kill the same monsters or pvp with eachother (outside of duels) at which point you might as well just have actual fresh servers.

Sure seems that way, and I think it’s too bad. By the time people realize that, “oh man i wish i had people to play with”, it would already be too late.

That being said in my compromised form, the only overlap would really be would be communication. There would be no boosting etc.

Congratulations on your new TBC server.

I would listen to what you have to say, but not with that retail toon of yours.

This is so much more complicated and expensive than booting up a new server. it’s the Layering of fresh start ideas.

That is also true. Shrug. Fwiw, i’d rather see the community together than apart.

Tbf they also went along with layering, gl getting your idea in game

Oh, they def won’t lol. I don’t play Diablo, but i hear they did some weird stuff with Diablo also …sooooo

With all due respect, the number of people that can’t even think clearly enough to understand how moving on to BC, cloning a classic character, and the fact that the boost isn’t free, this is just going to confuse people more.

It adds a layer of complexity that too many people will be confused by. If the characters won’t be able to interact in any meaningful way, then just separate the servers.

There are already too many “opt in” things between WoW and D2 stuff being mentioned. It’s become a buzzword, and it’s gotten silly.

Everybody needs to learn that everybody is NOT going to get their way.

So, you want Blizz to devote time and resources to program an entirely new type of server so people CAN’T interact with each other?

That seems unlikely to happen.

If you cant play with each other you dont have a community…wtf?

Do you hang out in other server discords just to chill or something?

1 Like