French Dragonflight interview

Whatever makes you sleep better at night as folks cheer about the Ardenweald changes that happen every patch, from story and character focus, to those lil travel forms I can’t remember the names of.

1 Like

Who is cheering for the shadowlands story?

6 Likes

I think the NE story would just be Tyrande and the next Green aspect talkikg about Ysera.

The aspects were involved in both teldrassil and nordrassil blessings so maybe at the end of the expansion they will be making a grand gesture to usher in the new age of dragons.

Other than that I doubt NEs or Tyrande will be getting much.
Besides from a world revamp there is not much left to explore.

7 Likes

According to him, the entire player base is

3 Likes

Quoted for truth.
Not even Nu- Sylvanas seems to give a crap about them anymore. Whenever she mentions her people, or the things she regrets, it’s solely about the Sin’dorei.

4 Likes

Yeah this is what I think as well, since the green aspect literally has no characters, they will use Tyrande to talk to the green flight leader about Ysera. Blue and black flights lost their former leaders, but they have had characters that have been developed a lot over the years, green has no one. I think the green aspect leader was the only one that didn’t have art and wasn’t really talked about, so it’s likely just going to be extremely minimal for them plus a tyrande cameo.

3 Likes

Green has Ysera’s daughter, Merithra, who was our buddy through the chain in 8.3 when we did Heart of Azeroth stuff, at least for one portion. She’s not super fleshed out but they seemed to have been building her up as something during the quests, though it’s been a while since I did those. She was/is the de-facto leader of the Flight with Ysera gone and is the oldest Green we currently know of, since she was one of the ones trapped in Ahn’quiraj.

7 Likes

She was also referenced in Shadowlands so it is clear she is the leader of the green.

Yeah, she exists, but she was mostly not important and not developed like the other flights who have new leaders, or the other leaders. They had to get someone too help empower the heart from the green flight, so she was just kind of the stand in because I think she stood around in AQ in vanilla. But she has mostly been ignored and not really developed as a character other than being one of Ysera’s daughters. They could have at least made some artwork for her for this, but the green dragonflight seemed mostly ignored in the reveal.

But I assume Tyrande being there is just going to be for “a character you know”, I’m hoping it’s not so they don’t feel they need to develop her as her own character instead of just “ysera’s daughter”

4 Likes

:face_with_monocle:

Not disproving what I said. But nice try :stuck_out_tongue:

Damm these clickbait titles!

I was so excited about a French Dragonflight that I was going to reserve the name Picard for one.

3 Likes

The way its looking Tyrande will get the world tree sized seed from the winter queen in 9.2.5; In Dragonflight I suspect the focus will be securing the conditions to make it sprout. Perhaps it needs to absorb the elemental energies of the Dragon Isles and the power of the Dream (ala the Greens) before it can sprout or something.

1 Like

There’s nothing I want more than to have an expansion filled with Tyrande moments and to have a new home but I want Malfurion to be at the front of the events as well. He more than any other elf has been the closest to the Green Dragonflight.
To have a Dragonflight expansion where we ally with the Green ones and not have Malfurion interact and lead us in some way is a waste of lore.

2 Likes

As I mentioned elsewhere, Alliance is on life support. They are going to get most of the good stuff to entice people to fend off Team Blue’s full collapse. That doesn’t mean the Horde won’t get stuff, but I think the developments, or at least emphasis, will be mostly one-sided.

Not that anyone on the forums will notice—they will remain happily nailed to the cross in perpetuity come what may.

But then again, they’re going about it completely the wrong way, and they think that human-focus is somehow going to change something about the problems of the alliance.

And I don’t think it changes the fundamental problems either, the gamemechanical problems, ergo…if that’s what it is, blizzard doesn’t know…what they’re doing.

3 Likes

Fair point. “Good stuff” was probably the wrong phrasing. “More attention” likely is more apt. That attention doesn’t mean they’ll remember there are dwarves, gnomes, draenei, or worgen, and it doesn’t mean they’ll realize night elves aren’t punching bags with floppy ears.

Although, I will say Anduin is off stage and Khadgar is back in play, who has historically been a very well executed benefactor NPC.

Who is not so popular on the alliance side, because it is once again a clear alliance dude who became neutral and like Malfurion in Cata before…simply fades out and ignores all the suffering what is carried out by a certain side against his own people . …at least he spares us the moral middle finger…but the statement in BFA, makes him absolutely unsympathetic…hey, there was just a genocide on the people and his only statement is “I don’t want to kill Hordies”…ja, nah…that’s bad

2 Likes

I think there is an argument to be made for Khadgar being a convincing neutral party. While he is not officially The Guardian, he does serve that role. Most of his time on screen is spent rallying us against cosmic scale existential threats—namely the Legion. Though I would still arch an eyebrow at the prospect of him choosing that path if, say, Turalyon or Alleria’s life were on the line.

On the other hand, I don’t think Dalaran being a neutral entity makes much sense.

3 Likes

you know…khadgar could went death and i would not care anymore after this statement in bfa. Why wouldn’t the Alliance send Khadgar straight to the hell? Why shouldn’t the Alliance just say…f off, we don’t need you, you wanted to be neutral? Then take your neutrality somewhere else and never set foot on this ground again…

EDIT: That’s not even a comment that Khadgar should have attacked the Horde, before that is misunderstood. My argument is that at that time, after a genocide, he simply said, “I don’t want to hurt anyone”…whereas at that time, because of the genocide in Stormwind, he was the champion and advocate for the Alliance and wanted the leader of the kingdoms to create the alliance.