Freezing in quest turn ins

Everytime I turn in a quest in the worgen starting zone, the game freezes out of nowhere. I haven’t checked to see if it’s happening outside Gilneas.

39 Likes

Having the same issue in BFA. hand in quests, open chests or do any world quest. Get 2-4 seconds of lag on completion. Driving me insane. Was fine this morning before the patch. Rebooted and restarted. no idea what is going on.

20 Likes

Having this issue as well, on quest turn in the game just seems to freeze for a second or two. Before the update this didn’t happen at all. It’s pretty annoying

9 Likes

I’m having this issue as well.

6 Likes

It’s only like a half-second of freeze for me, but the same thing is happening.

2 Likes

I tried the delete Cache, Interface, WTF files as well and didn’t help, even tried the repair tool in Bnet and found nothing. Not sure what this patch did but it’s not fun.

4 Likes

Hopefully they’ll get in a hotfix today.

Same issue here. Constant lag spikes when turning in any quest. Rolled a new Death Knight and had the problem even in Northrend. Same problem with a new Worgen as well.

1 Like

Just saw a 70 something mb patch, I’ll check it out after I eat.

2 Likes

Little patch didn’t fix the issue. Still lagging on quests/turn ins. :frowning:

2 Likes

same issue. start a fight. freeze. get quest. freeze. disabled all addons thinking it may be one. still happens. downloaded and installed new patch (small one). no fix…

2 Likes

Same here :C at least im not the only one

2 Likes

I’m getting freezes all over. Just had a ton with my alt in Magisters Terrace during the fight against the final boss. Only happens during combat, quest turn ins, or maybe flying.

3 Likes

Happening to me as well.

Might be worth noting that it was happening to me in classic, and now it’s happening to me in retail as well as of 8.2.5.

2 Likes

Update on my issue:

• Freezes while I turn in quests, randomly during fights, and while flying sometimes.
  • My only plugins are AllTheThings (which I’ve turned off and still had the problem) and TRP (which is fully updated and also not causing the issues).
  • My GPU, Memory, etc. aren’t affected by these spikes, so it’s on the game’s end, not my computer’s.
5 Likes

Having the same problems turning in quests and WQs/rares.

1 Like

I reported this too:
Lag on killing rares, completing WQs in Darkshore

1 Like

Same problem here. I thought it was just me.

1 Like

Glad I’m not the only one. Half second lockup and my computer audibly chugs during this moment every time I complete a quest. Driving me crazy.

1 Like

+1 for WQs

2 Likes