Freezing in quest turn ins

Happening for me too. No clue why but it just lags out the game only. When i turn in a quest, receive loot or just at random after killing a mob. This didnt happen at all prior to the new 8.2.5 patch

4 Likes

Here to report that the same thing is happening to me as well. At first I thought it was only in the Worgen starting zone because that is where I started to play after logging in once the patch went live. I am currently playing my warlock doing world quests with the same thing happening. Quest completion with the freeze. It is very annoying.

On another note, the Worgen starting zone is acting up yet again. My new character is stuck in Gilneas and cant complete the quest for the city battle. Hopefully this fix this stuff tomorrow sigh…:roll_eyes:

Count me in as it happening on my account as well, its very disconcerting.

/Raise both hands
Here to report too

1 Like

Same here… waiting for hotfix

Turns out my drive where the game is installed is maxing out every lag spike. No clue if any of you have the same issue. But no matter what it didnt happen before the patch. Something is wrong with loading things in or something

same for me, half a second freeze when turning in quests.
No addons, deleted WTF, cache and interface folders.

1 Like

Same for WQs and Quest turn ins, around half a sec to a sec of freeze time, been happening since 8.2.5 patch, quite annoying tbh

1 Like

All of the above for me. Completing world quests, killing rares causes 1-2 second game freeze. Highly annoying, not game breaking, but an obvious bug needed to be addressed.

1 Like

Wrong character lol.

2 Likes

i thought i’m the only one that has this issue, i tried fixing the WTF, addons (interface) and Cache. still not working

Having the same issue. There was a hotfix yesterday, but that didn’t fix it. And when logging into today, another hotfix. But that also didn’t fix the problem. This is with zero addons installed, after renaming the interface/wtf/cache as ‘old,’ and every other suggestion I’ve been able to find (with none working.)

Been having this when completing dailies, world quests and regular quest anywhere.
Also when opening chests in Nazjatar.

At first I thought maybe it could be some addon that didn’t update, but i tried with all my addons disabled and it still happens.

1 Like

same here :\ wish i found this thread before resetting my ui and addons

1 Like

Checking in and reporting the same issue. I’ve tested multiple expansion areas, and it seems totally random. I’ve tested with addons on, and addons totally off.

1 Like

Can confirm this issue is still recurring. It happens in early levels and late ones. Any quest turn-ins, Caches looted, ect result in a 1-2 second freeze. This is relative to the patch.

2 Likes

Adding my account to the list as well. Freezing on mob kill for loot, quest turn in, WQ completion. Did the usual UI reset etc.

Very frustrating

1 Like

I’m adding my name to the list. The freeze seems to also happen when hitting any kind of story or world progress mark, such as looting a one time chest or killing a rare.

1 Like

I’m getting it as well. I have been doing my weekly MoP World Boss kills and I get a freeze every time the boss is killed. The Rarity addon is freezing me when I hover over its icon which it was not doing before 8.2.5

Same issue here, tried disabling and uninstalling all addons, tried clean re-installing, still having the short lockups. Welp