Freedom is always better than limitations

The gist is, average players will be annoyed by arbitrary restrictions that blizzard is trying to implement to limit more tryhard players. No one wants a week long conduit swapping cooldown because its limiting. Not even in the sense of being “optimal” for all content, but in the sense of wanting to do something and not be able to for no reason other than the game telling you no. Azerite respeccing. Its annoying. Its the same thing, I will get a new conduit and want to try it out or test a new build and the game will be like “Haha nice try see ya next reset kid”. It feels bad.

23 Likes

I mean sure a week is a LONG time in gameland, but you have so much other stuff you can switch around, could it be a shorter CD? Sure, and between you and me I think it’ll be changed, however I just don’t see players wanting to completely 100% deep respec every single system every single time?

That would get old super quick, don’t you think?

Great seeing you Bakkian, I like your threads, and I agree freedom is better, but that’s such a cliché thing to say on GD my friend :rofl:

/hugs

3 Likes

Cliche had to start somewhere, and hey if I’m cliche maybe it will get me more likes :smirk:

and there was me thinking this thread would be ignored and go away :frowning:

Ouch you hurt me my friend

im sorry its just that there are so many threads having this exact same conversation. :stuck_out_tongue:

Average player here, not annoyed.

Try speaking for yourself instead maybe.

4 Likes

Nothing bad meant my friend, not at all! All love here!

I hope this get’s exposure, clearly the community is not done talking about it.

Freedom without restraint is anarchy

Do you not swap specs and get annoyed and the increasing cost to change your azerite? If you go a cool new conduit that made your death grip freeze a target or something would you be annoyed if you had to wait a week to actually use it? I find it doubtful the answer to those questions would be no.

No, I don’t. I rarely swap specs more than once or twice a week, so the cost is meager. Just like I won’t care about swapping conduits once per week.

You say it’s “limiting” but it’s actually freeing me from having to find an optimal conduit setup for every fight or each kind of content / dungeon / whatever.

At the end of the day, if you allow players to swap all the time, every group will expect you to do so. If everyone is mostly set for the week, players will set their expectations around that and work with it.

1 Like

I Agree in some level.

I remember that during WOD i would change my talents for each boss encounter for free, to optimize my gameplay and use some talents that where not that great in other ocasions, Now that we need to be in a rest area or buy that thing to change talents and pay to reset azerite, i’m no longer doing this, which is quite sad.

I do believe that “play with what you want” is better than “play with what you got”.

1 Like

Depends on how everything works, if there’s addons around to manage everything (you know there will be) then it’ll just be talk to NPC, click addon button, everything setup

See this is totally the intent, except that’s something I don’t want to do. If nothing else, it’s evidence of how this will work vs the alternative.

Its limiting to creativity and build innovation. And it simply locks you into being a general optimal build like essences. For most content I doubt you will need to change them anyway.

I think you’ll find that in group finder there is always someone else who has the optimal set up that will be taken over you in that case. Players expectations aren’t often tempered with reality.

I’ve played the game long enough, I pugged my way to keystone master this season without any group rejecting me based on my spec or talents.

If you want to dismiss my opinion as somehow less informed than yours, by all means. But that doesn’t make it so.

Thats because your talents are already optimized and I doubt the other people in the group knew what your optimized build was. Which I realize is a direct reference to conduits, and also why it doesn’t matter if they are freely swappable because no one is going to check them, I realize this is the opposite of what I said earlier but it also makes your point moot since if they don’t decline you on your talents they won’t for your conduits. Your covenant which is another story will likely be included in raiderio.

Doesn’t matter, the point is I don’t want to feel compelled to do it, in any case. You spoke of “average players will be annoyed” and “No one wants a week long conduit swapping cooldown” but it’s wrong.

Don’t be hyperbolic and assign your personal fears to other players.

We can’t do that now, so not sure how that’ll happen in SL bright light! :rofl:

/extra big hug just for rocking that hat Ruggi! :grinning:

Freedom is overrated.