Free Wen Lo mount - Winner has been Selected!

Late night BuMp will bump again tomorrow at some point :smiley:

Back in BC I ran with a usual crew of three people. One of them I’ll call G, who I am friends with to this day. The other one was a friend we made along the way, was Copymachine. Haven’t talked to him in over a decade, so I hope he’s doing well!

Anyways, this crew was the funniest time of WoW ever for me. Everyone comes from weird walks of life, radically different age groups, and we all had the unusual capacity to be funny in unintended ways. But this story is about Copy.

G and I joined some dungeon, I can’t recall if it was Botanica or Alcatraz. Was one of them. Anyways we join this group and our tank, Senior Sergeant COPYMACHINE, would talk in all caps and make heroic gestures and just had this grandiose goofy strongman vibe to him. TODAY WE INVADE AND WE TAKE OVER! WE GOT THIS! He would type like that, and would continue to throughout the whole dungeon.

And then he runs into this room and gets hit with an attack that just sends him flying out the room only to die in front of us. Now Copy was a Tauren, so you just see this giant flying cow acting like a hero being hurled into another room and then just die.

I have never laughed so hard in my life in this game. We ended up clearing the dungeon without much gaffes, but the stoic Copy never let that moment live him down. Kept his head high and kept going and acting this way.

And then we added him and remained friends for some 2-3 years going into Wrath. During that time it was an endless amount of laughter, ESPECIALLY when he was sent flying and boy those moments were never in low supply. I miss that guy.

1 Like

/Spinning Bird Kick.

1 Like

Today’s the dayyyy will still take anyone who wants to enter in and as mentioned will decide a winner later in the afternoon today. So Le’bumpers

1 Like

This is one of the first characters I started, way back in Cataclysm.

I’m Herbalism and Inscription, so I spent a lot of time farming Cata herbs as I leveled. Ah, the days farming Whiptail in Uldum! I remember creeping stealthily (Yes! I know I’m a Shaman and we don’t have stealth!) toward a node so as not to aggro the serpents and crocolisks. I remember battling down to 1/3 health just to get one precious node from those 8-legged demons (or is it six?)!

Anyhoo, I was approaching 85 in the fall of 2011, iirc. During Brewfest you could get Tremendous Tankard o’ Terror to drop from the holiday boss, and I carefully stockpiled two of them for the precious day when I dinged 85.

The day came. I equipped my dual-wield beer steins. I had even enchanted them with the Avalanche enchant, so they looked frosty-cold from the freezer.

Then I hit Uldum to farm some herbs.

First node, first crockolisk. He moved in for the kill, and my newly geared 85 shaman wound up and knocked him clean into next Tuesday! (You know the death animation when they flip over? I one-shotted him with one of those!)

To this day farming Whiptail in Uldum makes me smile. I’m still waiting for my dirndl transmog. When I get it, I’m set on this toon for life!

#stpaulidraenei

I remember you Peeches, small world not sure if you remember me I was an orc warrior on Eonar named Massacre, I was there OT then MT in Muteki for awhile after Phinx left lol.

If I recall right I ran into you and Ysho a number of time you both running around with thunder furys and a flock of healers whenever it came to pvp and how bad I wanted to take one of you down LOL

1 Like

Oh wow! What a small world! I do remember a Massacre; those were the days :blush:, when entering a BG or world pvp, you looked to see who you were up against, and knew every name. And depending on the names, you knew exactly who you were going to focus on, or whether you were going to be fighting for your life at every turn.

And oh Thunderfury, aka sign that reads “please come kill me” :joy:

It’s hard to believe that a random thread I replied to ended up being to one of the originals from way back! What a nice treat! I just started playing again a few months ago after over a decade away, actually. The game sure has changed a lot but it’s been a fun ride these last few months. I hope you’re doing well!

Very early in WOTLK I had a falling out with the GM of my guild. I gquit with no place to go and I had recently moved to the server so I knew next to nobody. I did know one guy and asked to join his guild. He invited me with no promises of raiding, but for me it was better than nothing.

As it turned out this was one of my favorite guilds I’ve ever joined. Easily the most motley crew of raiders I’ve ever been part of. One of our raid leads, who was just a student at the time, has since graduated and is now internet famous streamer Dr.Lupo. To me he is still Aiko. I don’t watch his stuff, but since I raided with him for over a year, I can imagine what his content is like.

One night in Ulduar we were not taking Thorim seriously. Nobody who was there that night remembers exactly how it came up, but somehow, for some reason, during yet another wipe people were talking about bread. Aiko cuts everyone off with “I DON’T GIVE A F*** ABOUT BREAD!” He then went on a loud expletive filled tirade about focusing and taking the boss seriously.

Now it was pretty out of character for Aiko to get upset, let alone that upset, and nobody was going to let him live it down. So as a result asking him what he thought about bread became a running joke nearly every raid for the rest of the expansion. Made a mistake? Distracted by thoughts of bread. Exceptional performance? Probably ate some good bread. Afk? Probably making bread. Break timer? No, bread timer. Bread. Bread. Bread. Bread. Bread. Even after that guild broke up, those of us who stayed in contact would often reference bread. Aiko once hosted a game server called “bread server.” I met him at a Blizzcon, I think 2011, and I’m pretty sure I mentioned bread.

I highly encourage, if you are a fan of his and like to give superchats or whatever he does, ask him about bread. Especially if jokes about bread is not a thing he has done on his channel.

So I did decide on a winner: But I feel my choice got tilted because of the memory of bumping into someone from WAYYYYY back when: So the winner is Peeches! But because again my vote and feelings where swayed so hard I did have a different winner before all that memory juice came flooding in.

So I decided On two winners:

So Peeches post your Btag here so I can contact you
Second winner is Khronys same post your Btag here

You both get a mount of your choice from the store! I would post my Btag here but worried someone might pretend to be one of you two lol so better I message you!

4 Likes

You should probably quote them/reply so they get a notification :stuck_out_tongue:

Congrats you two!

2 Likes

How very awesome and generous of you!

Love this community so much.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/906234294333218826/938302739832795146/murlocluv.png

I didn’t even think to do that but thanks for doing it for me lol

This makes it a judged contest, not a giveaway.

I’ll pass on entering, but good luck to those who do.

1 Like

Congratulations to you op for doing this

I’ve done 4 Raffles like this. Just recently over the Christmas holiday I gave away 4 store mounts. However my winners were chosen at random. It is nice to see I’ve inspired others to do the same thing

This was my Holoday one and I will be doing more in the future so keep your eyes open for them

Community involvement like this is never a bad thing. I commend you again op

1 Like

Grizzle co-sponsored at least two of those.

1 Like

Yes he did and I am very thankful for that. However he did that completely at random and that was not pre-planned

It was very nice of him to just step in and randomly double the pot

This Thread here by the op and what Grizzle did is a prime example of how great this community can be at times

2 Likes

Honestly I didn’t care about winning it was just something to type out during breaks in raid tonight. :wink:

I will hold another one of these very soon and maybe I will turn it up a bit on its head: Maybe make it quest based: First player to bring me the most random of items I can think of wins, Or have it naked duel based 1 v 1 in brackets. Something to spin it on its head lol.

1 Like

Well this is a nice surprise! :slight_smile:
Pat#11186

Thanks again for doing this :smiley:
Wen Lo is definitely a must have, please! :tiger:
Edit; Congrats to Peeches btw :heart:

2 Likes

Just waiting for you to reply as well lol and I will get on that soon Khronys just waking up LOL working nights is a pain

1 Like