Free transfers made Whitemane the go-to Classic Era PvP server. Why not include its whole cluster?

When free transfers were made available from every PvP server in Classic Era to Whitemane, it automatically made it the go-to destination to try and consolidate the Classic Era community.

Being Whitemane one of the highest populated servers during Classic, this made it so that plenty of characters’ names were already taken, mostly by inactive players, when they transferred over. Not only this, but it made all players who have both Horde and Alliance characters have to choose which faction they were going to move, leaving the other faction locked in their server without a free transfer option.

If the goal is to make the Whitemane cluster the go-to destination, why then not make the free transfer available to any of its servers? This would most likely give a chance for players to find their much beloved character names available in one of the servers, and be able to transfer all of their characters, not just those of a single faction, to the consolidated Classic Era world and community.

4 Likes

Blizzard surprised me when they acted on their own initiative to connect the Era realms in preparation for the tbcc prepatch. It is a shame they have since relapsed into the typical, lazy approach to address server population concerns by resorting to transfers. Further intervention akin to the formation of clusters/connected realms would have been appreciated.

1 Like

Are the pvp servers in a linked cluster? (I don’t play on a pvp server so I have no idea.)

That would seem to render the one-faction-per-server limitation mostly meaningless.

Yes and it does. I suppose it is a corner-case exception to the rule that Blizzard allowed it to be green-lit. I can have both alliance and horde toons in my cluster since its technically 5 realms and not one

Yes, that is also something that dramatically changed after TBCC. There is no longer a limit to one faction per world.

And you can do that vía paid transfer, correct?

Should just allow free movement anywhere…

I particularly don’t wanna go to Whitemane anyway.

Yeah. Sadly it’s where all of the WoW Classic Era community is being consolidated, so not much choice there. It’s difficult to keep people from transferring to Whitemane knowing the population is higher there than the rest of the servers.

Yes, for players looking to transfer characters on both factions to the whitemane cluster, a paid transfer would be needed to acheive that same result. I just happened to have alliance already on some of the other realms that are connected to my native incendius

1 Like

You can also reroll the opposite faction for free on another server of the clusters (Anathema for example).

1 Like

Showing my support for needing Blizzard Developer intervention and Response on the matter. Thanks for the link Holsüm!

I also feel Despitebeing’s idea is the best of the solutions and would preserve people’s ‘server pride/history’ that many players have to certain realms I’ve found, tho not me personally.

(In regards to U.S. Realms) Connect all the PvP realms as one cluster, and all the PvE realms as one cluster IMHO. This way if the population ever substantially explodes by some miracle, it’s not difficult to reverse engineer it back to how it was to support a greater population.

This also resolves the server issue of Conflicting Faction, posted about here:

Then it’s just addressing the still outstanding issue of PvE to PvP transferring restrictions being removed as well, posted about here:

As for the ‘Naw-sayers’ The PvE to PvP NO LONGER APPLIES with:

• clustered realms that already circumvent the intent of this already
  • retail allowing cross faction grouping
  • the dire state of classic era population COMBINED WITH the deteriorating player base of SoM that is unlikely to bolster Classic Era numbers at the end of it’s run.
4 Likes