Free transfers just screwed incendius

By providing incentives for people to balance themselves. Right now the incentive is to imbalance the servers because then you have more people to play with and more people on your side to PVP with.

It’s the tragedy of the commons:

A village has a common area for people to own a goat and let it graze. It’s big enough for each household to have one goat grazing. However, nothing stops them from having more than one. So if someone gets two goats they can have twice the milk for no cost. Pretty soon everyone has two goats and the pasture dies from overgrazing. Now all the goats die and people have none.

The same thing can happen whenever there is a common area with little controls. For example, faction balance. If you penalized or gave incentives for upholding balance then the servers would tend to be more balanced. But without any controls it’s in each person’s best interests to go to a server that their faction dominates. Right up until the other faction quits entirely and turns a PVP server into a PVE one. Then everyone loses.

2 Likes

I can tell you a lot of the horde guilds coming from Incendius are hoping that the influx will push the numbers into balance. This is a big reason my guild chose Earthfury over Netherwind, where we feel the influx of horde will push them into horde dominated and kill balance.

1 Like

Mootwo…ever play on burning blade? ya i know…probably a ton with your name :slight_smile:

Nah I never played on Burning Blade. Haha, yeah, I like my name. :slight_smile:

I did play on Dragonmaw for years if anyone is wondering that.

A better game was never the goal. A close to authentic recreation of Vanilla was the goal.
Since it’s theoretical. I’ll theoretically fix “balance” for you. Remove the 2 faction system. There. World pvp is balanced.
Now. It’s guild against guild against guild for supremacy. Guess who really loses this fight? Those who rolled pvp servers for population and not the pvp. I’d like it. Anyone else?

3 Likes

Which failed since the environment around the game changed. A game doesn’t exist in a vacuum, it’s made up of not only the game itself but the players, websites, knowledge, addons, tools, and so on.

With the changed environment comes a completely different game experience. You have to account for that if you want an authentic recreation of a game.

1 Like

Right, because this scenario wasn’t exactly how it played out over the last few months.

Did you forget about what happened when they removed layering?

1 Like

For forum avatars it failed. Everyone else was/is busy playing the game.

Yea. We have all that. If players choose to play a certain way. That’s on them. We see how “accounting for modern machines and connections” works with batching and leeway. No. It is what it is. Leave it alone. Play or don’t but don’t reinvent the wheel.
This legacy project isn’t about making it “better”.

Or you can just let players choose how they want to play. Just like it was back then. You don’t have to buy dungeon boosts. You don’t have to min/max. You don’t have to roll a mage. You don’t have to roll a pvp server because streamers said “the real Vanilla experience is on pvp servers”.
You don’t have to sit in a 4 hour queue because everyone is afraid of the server “dying”.
That’s all player choice. As it was and should remain so. Retail has everything you guys are asking for. #nomorechanges

2 Likes

So what I’m hearing is…

Horde can’t handle it when they’re outnumbered, so they’ll literally transfer to a horde dominated server just so they don’t have to deal with the problems they themselves caused from day 1.

KaRmAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

It’s not a player made issue. We literally do not have the ability to see what our populations are. We have to guess. You are dumb.

We had 5 hour queues you dolt.

1 Like

Heartseeker 2.0 incoming

2 Likes

How are we supposed to pick the correct server if Blizzard doesn’t recommend any to us OR show us the populations of servers. It’s on Blizzard, not on the players who have to literally GUESS which server would be best for them.

1 Like

Blizzard does it again! They ruined Stalagg and Skeraam like this and now Incendius! Good job Blizzard!

2 Likes

Given their attitudes, I’m looking forward to this becoming Heartseeker 2.0 to see how they enjoy it at that point.

Or they’ll succumb and give Blizz their monies at that point. In any case, it’s been fun Incendius! :smiley:

2 Likes

Your just using that as an excuse. We know which servers are overpopulated and which are very imbalanced. The problem is no one wants to stay on those servers and run off to the mega server causing massive queues. Blizzard offers free transfers off and no one takes it hoping the other guy does.

Enjoy your massive queues. My server is great.

1 Like

How was it broken twice? I’m assuming for it to have been “broken” it would’ve had to be in an unbroken state, right? So either it wasn’t “broken” the first time, or it wasn’t “broken” a second time. Unless you’re going to tell me that Blizzard fixed it after being broken?

If I drop a vase and it cracks, it is broken. If I take the cracked vase and chuck it against a wall and it explodes your telling me I didn’t break it a second time?

lol

Y’all fixed it for them.

I open the floodgates a few days earlier. No need for a new dam.