FREE SOM transfers inc

Thanks you!

6 Likes

Great, but too late for me. Gave my stuff to a guildie and I don’t intend to come back.

I hope their delayed action loses them lots subs.

Bad management deserves to fail.

9 Likes

Hopefully this helps some people, thanks for posting.

Free transfers were problematic at best in classic/TBCc and destructive at worst. Paywalls work to mitigate the bad of transfers.

Almost everyone knew what server(s) to roll on prior to the SoM launch, and what faction to play as well.

1 Like

alright guys. see you on Shadowstrike.

1 Like

Everyone knew mass amounts of players would quit or reroll due to dead server fear mongering ? Weird.

1 Like

I mean, I play on barman and I’m having a good time. Everyone else is on jom and a few others. I’m suspicious of the motives of some of these players that are whining in the forums about their choice of SoM server.

The motive is to no longer be on a dead server, how bizarre of them.

We had what 6 servers to choose? The info was out there of what the mega server was going to be.

Medium pop server is what I joined, now it’s dead. I’ll make sure to call you for lottery numbers.

2 Likes

Come roll on barman. Its medium. I get dungeon groups. Good times.

1 Like

Idk if you saw, but free transfers are coming.

Have to see from what realms to what realms I guess. Im having fun on barman. Good luck to all of yas.

I’m assuming they will allow transfers off jom, and maybe between the smaller servers? Allowing us to congregate maybe.

Yet here you are.

Back.

4 Likes

You mean boys.

I’m not the biggest fan of transfers, free or pay, but transfers have been a common request for SoM. Note that I rerolled and left my R11 60 and now have another 60. I’m all for rerolling. Still based on posts a lot do not want to reroll because they don’t want to sink in the 1-60 time again.

I’ll agree that free transfers in Classic did cause some problems, although the majority of the realms remained quite stable (for reasons I don’t need to discuss/debate again here but there was server choice for players who wanted pretty much anything).

As for TBCC, prior to the November free transfers, but with fully paid transfers, there were still servers losing usually alliance and then later horde and dying. MANY servers, as in at least half of the PVP servers that had been healthy all throughout Classic. So a paywall did absolutely nothing to help here, it only left the people without the means to pay, or with the belief that they should not have to pay, feeling hopeless/quitting as no one was left on the servers to play with. There were many, many threads about it. The free November transfers only sped up the process that was already happening.

2 Likes

I’m happy for the people still playing SoM that wanted this. Came a little late in my opinion.

Forum access =/= playing the game.

My sub doesn’t expire for another few weeks, but yes, I’ve cancelled the auto-renew and won’t re-activate.

It’s too late for me.

As usual, Blizz acted too slowly and I hope they pay the price.

1 Like

You’re the crazy girlfriend who thinks your boyfriend is throwing away a queen but actually you’re just his side chick and he’s going home to his wife like usual

1 Like