Free Character Transfers for Burning Crusade Classic Realms

I should add that I had characters on Netherwind, Sulfuras, and Stalagg. I’ve seen enough and I am advocating for change. Not a bad thing and Sulfuras is the best of the bunch when you take everything into account.

People do want balance. What they dont want is 30/70. The highest population server in the world is Firemaw- EU, which is a balanced server of about 13k population on both sides. Grobbulus is the last opportunity North America has left for a balanced server option at all.

2 Likes

grobb has a strong horde base. sure it has alliance but that’s what makes it pvp server. we are currently somewhere in-between 60/40 and 65/35 for the past month and a half (look at the ironforgepro graph). This isn’t a doomed server at its present state as of right now. Grobbulus is viable. Stop spreading information that makes it seem worse than it is and making grobbulus fail because you are feeding xfers false information. this type of talk is what makes viable servers inevitably fail.

5 Likes

IDK, everything I hear about Grobb is that it is toxic as all heck. The guy may have an agenda, but he’s not wrong after having played on DD since release and hearing people out whenever they tried Grobb.

damn really? what have you heard that’s toxic? i know back in November when i was looking at places to transfer to, everyone hated xfers on literally every discord i scoped adn talked in. Grobb disc was the only one that didn’t give me hate 5 seconds in. It took around two to three days with one or two users instead of a flood. However, since then, the disc has been nice and they were most likely trolling. In game when i made a level 1 and started leveling and talking around, it was very friendly and i had people in LFG reach out and talk to me about their experiences on grobbulus and what to do around there.

I know a big concern of grobbulites regarding xfers is xfers coming and being toxic or making fun of roleplaying and being demeaning. This is a very legitimate concern. People xfering need to respect the rp and be kind.

2 Likes

It was anecdotal, but people on DD would try Grobb out and transfer back or not give it a go any longer. I will say that the DD peeps respect the RP more then anyone else did as the younger brother of Grobb, so I can’t say it was that. Perhaps it’s changed with the influx of people, but that’s the knock I always heard about it. Honestly, who knows.

wowclassicpop .com has Grobb at a 53/47 split over the last 30 days.
It collects data from census users scanning levels 8-70 while ironforge only shows people that care to upload their raid logs.
Granted it also shows 28k toons so most of these are alts. As for 70s its 10.5k ally and 6.5k horde.

ive been doing the census pools for horde regularly for a week and a half now. i have it auto census every time i am on (which is like random hours including nightshift and early morning). i know in grobb reddit someone posted that they are doing similar pools on both horde and alliance side. i am unsure how diligent they are on it.

man that really sucks! i think its a bit different now. id give it another shot if some people had this expereince. i have heard that there were some pretty elitist people in the past regarding RP. BUT— i think people are a lot more open and friendly about new RPers and really improving the community right now. I have seen a lot of people from DD recently strengthening the RP community and posting up events. They had a newspaper advert requesting content earlier this week i think!

Playing on a 2005 laptop for the TRUE TBC experience! I salute this man.

1 Like

I almost forgot, there was also that white supremacist guy that was the GM of a guild. THAT made national news lol.

Did it? I never saw it.

Imagine that makes news while for the last 2 years we are screwed as a species by our governments…

O____O||||

jesus christ. glad i wasn’t around that. regarding racism, homophobia, transphobia and use of terrible slurs, etc. i have not seen much of that or interacted with anyone that has engaged in such activity since coming to grobb in November. I don’t plan on interacting with anyone like that either. not saying that doesnt exist. crappy people exist everywhere but it seems that those types of people know that’s not cool on this server (as of now). immediate block to those who engage in that crap. i’ve seen that garbage on other servers a lot more frequently (when i was playing on multi servers in classic) and on my old server.

if grobb does get a influx of horde. here’s to the hope they are not crappy people and are good persons . people who respect the RP and have good vibes. if you are not going to respect rp and be crappy person, grobb doesn’t want ya!

1 Like

The complete list of source and destination realms in the first post of this thread has been updated, as several new free character transfers are now available.

3 Likes

Open up Free Transfers to the the mega realms.

You know what people want, tell your Manager, their Manager, and your VP, that the people paying your salaries are tired of being squeezed for every last penny.

Thanks.

5 Likes

Can Myzrael be added horde are kinda getting it rough over here

Here they come!

Just going to gloss over dead factions on big servers as usual I guess. RIP to all the homies we left behind on Benediction

1 Like

This is a joke right?

“You can transfer off of any of the dead or dying realms to any other dead or dying realm, but if you want to go where there are actually people… that’s still $25”.

You guys created and enabled the mega servers… the COMMUNITY has declared that is what they want with their $25’s (and free transfers before it).

Yet… this…

It’s insulting.

9 Likes

come to grobb hordies. lets go! bring your rp sets, raiding gear, and pvp sets! see you there! 8)

3 Likes