Free Character Transfers for Burning Crusade Classic Realms

highly doubtful, gonna just have to put all the guild bank stuff into an alt and transfer the alt over. As I don’t think guild names / roster can be transferred. So just gonna have to reform on the server destination.

free transfers aren’t enough of an incentive obviously, I think they should grant exp buffs to new players of small servers or rep buffs etc.
there should be a tangible benefit to helping re-balance player populations.

Can we get Deviate Delight to be able to transfer to Grobb? It’s the ONLY RP-PVP server.

DD is east coast
Grob is West Coast

Unless you’re counting region as USA/Oceanic/Latin America. Some clarification here would be super helpful.

3 Likes

Sweet one less thing for this forum to QQ about.

TY blizzard.

This is great news of course but the devil is in the details.

For example Sulfuras Alliance died out a few months back. I transfered my highest level characters but still have a few low level alts there. Because Sulfuras is technically a high pop server due to all the horde it may not qualify. They should allow faction specific transfers from servers with dead factions too.

Another issue is that I transfered my Alliance characters to Netherwind which had a healthy population at the time but is currently dying out. First the horde transferred off and now alliance are transferring off. It’s technically a medium pop server now but the trend is clear at this point that it’s going to die off in the not too distant future. If they allow transfers before it is actually dead, servers in the same state as Netherwind could be left out and the populations on those servers would still have to pay to transfer.

7 Likes

I made a post about this: Solution to low pop/imbalanced servers: Incentives

I enjoyed playing on a low pop server in phase 1 of TBC classic (for reasons very specific to me). The community was great, but we literally had less than 25 alliance players on the entire server. Mag and Gruul were never attempted on alliance on my server. I don’t really want to transfer to a mega server, but have been considering it as an insurance against needing to transfer again. Also friends of mine have gone to Faerlina alliance, so that’s where I’d likely take this character.

The absolutely smallest (truly dead) servers should be scheduled for deletion. The medium to small servers with life still left in them should be given some help to stay afloat. I think well thought out incentives would be a good way to do this, and would justly reward people who happen to have stuck it out on these servers.

3 Likes

omg im agrre ing w/ a mage yes

And we got a response. Speaking up does eventually do something. However we need to see the details…

Cancel your subscription.
Pave the way.
Lead by example.

2 Likes

Finally, called it.

And no, they won’t restrict what server you can transfer to, the entire point is to consolidate servers. Yes there will be mega servers and yes population balance is not going to be resolved. None of you actually want that anyway, what you really want is to be in the majority side. At least be honest with yourselves.

Deviate Delight has 10 times the active players that Arcanite Reaper does at least.

Targeted open ended moves from low pops to medium pops based on faction. Boom, done.

Biggles 4 lyfe!

Looks like the transfer money dried up.

Hopefully I can transfer out of High pop realms too.

Most of the people who post about faction balance do want it actually, it’s the people who don’t talk about it that don’t want it and unfortunately they are the majority.

When you talk in absolutes like this you’ll rarely be correct as speaking for everyone is impossible. I’m going to play SoM mostly to attempt to get the world experience I want and other people I know are going “elsewhere” for it where somehow the servers are balanced.

I’ll agree with the rest of your post.

2 Likes

Are you locking out specific factions too? Or just going to allow for further imbalancing?

A bit late here

If that were true, then they wouldn’t be having population issues when there’s only one server available. :rofl: WoW RP’ers have never constituted more than like 3-4% of the player base.

1 Like

Are you one of those people that think because you stomp horde at an 80/20 split that means you’re good?

lame, if anything block ally from transferring there and only allow horde so we can get some real world PVP at an equitable split realm.

1 Like

Honestly curious, what else would you expect? If anything they need to condense TBC to just a few servers per region