Free Character Moves for Chaos Bolt-US

Being told “You will move or we will move you for you.”

The people on Crusader Strike?

Remaining on the server till it is forcibly shut down and there is no guilds left to merge with, then unsubbing once that does happen. CS is cancer, even if they opened up transfers to LL that community is even smaller than CB. This move showed that all that talk about community is a load of crap

1 Like

You all realize that the reason they chose Crusader Strike is because it is the only other RPPVP server right?

edit: early morning grammar

Of course. Many are willing to go to another server type because we’re worried about the gold buying that Blizzard allows streamers to do (thus condoning their followers to do it), the inflation of items due to it, the behavior of those type of players, the servers performance issues (CB never lagged during Blood Moon or other world events)… I could keep going.

Blizzard. This is your morning remind that you suck for this random, unwarranted migration.

3 Likes

Obviously that is why but locking CB still doesn’t make any sense. You can’t even make any horde characters on CS right now anyway, so how the hell do they expect anyone to transfer their characters if an entire faction isn’t accessible? lol

3 Likes

around the time they added more spirits there was quite a lot of lag

I can’t say I understand why they locked it either. People who want to stay should be able to.

imo, they should have just announced that free xfers are available to any pvp sod server and left it at that.

3 Likes

Looking at realm population numbers Chaos bolt was at the same average level as Grobbulus back in vanilla classic. So how is this a dead server? You also don’t need a huge server if max raid sizes are 10/20. Combinatorics dictate less population to effectively produce raid groups in SoD compared to 40 man vanilla classic. Sure it took time to get a group in CB but you could eventually find one in 10-15 minutes. I think many people rolled on this server for that experience of small community but rich community

7 Likes

I completely agree. My friends and I, and guildmates as well, are hoping they open up Lone Wolf and/or Living Flame for free transfers too. I guess time will tell. Until then, this entire situation is frustrating and dumb.

Agreed i wouldnt have a problem with opening free transfers, locking character creation anounced their intention to kill the server and its community

SoD showed a massive improvement on server population management.

Not a sexy topic, but it’s very very good.

This is such a bummer… Please open up a different server to transfer to. I have zero interest playing on another megaserver.

2 Likes

Can’t transfer, so I deleted my sub lv 10 characters to be found out I’m now locked out and I can’t recover them once I found out an event was happening last night. :melting_face:

Nice, very cool. Thanks blizz.

A lot of people did something like this - one way or the other - many who were playing both factions, myself included, now have a horrible choice to make.

I feel it would be in good taste for them to allow both factions on CrusaderStrike in recognition of this. People have months of time on characters that they are now forced to pick favorites with and delete the unfavored. That’s not a good business practice.

FWIW you can now transfer opposite faction to CS and play both. Not sure if it’s intended but I moved a horde to CS where I had alliance . I initially wasn’t able to log into my horde, but now I can log into both horde and alliance. I would still wait to transfer your mains though as who knows what blizzard cooks up

If it’s intended they should really announce it. I’m not taking a chance on not being able to play over hearsay about being able to use both factions.

3 Likes

I’d like to see confirmation on this as I’m now SOL. I can’t remake/recover my chars to transfer due to the lock on CB and misinformation everywhere.

At least give us more than 1 option. I have no interest in playing on that server.

With restarts this morning we have fixed characters who transferred and were unable to login, root cause was some paranoid code we added during Classic Hardcore launch. The underlying code fix is still in progress, but, we hope to re-open these transfers later this week.

When we do, we will also be opening transfers to Lava Lash for anyone looking for a more dedicated RP experience.

9 Likes