CB ---> CS Server Transfer

Yes, because 99.999% of people won’t care and the 5 people that will won’t matter.

and this is the only reasonable way to fix the situation imo

Did no one on the SOD team actually consider that some playes have opposite factions on both servers? Is there really not a single person on the SOD team that has first-hand experience with vanilla or even classic (2019) WoW?

CB was fine until Blizzard nuked it for no reason.

3 Likes

Software development simply doesn’t work like that. There was no reason going into it to think xfers would work… but since there hasn’t been any in SoD yet… I’m sure something happened because of the game files we are on that bugged out.

They obviously didn’t see it coming…

Fingers crossed it’s fixed soon.

They didn’t address the opposite faction issue but I’d assume that this message was relating to that, since the login issues were only occurring if you transferred opposite faction.

Blizzard made it very clear that they would not allow servers to become dead like classic before. Where the only option was paid transferring off your dead realm. We rolled chaos bolt BECAUSE we had this assurance. If this is their solution, fine. But you cannot ignore how badly communicated, thought out, or implemented it was. Chaos bolt is now left locked to creation or transferring and a solution to such a basic problem like having opposite factions alts there already should had been handled before this. No notice at all? Come on, stop simping, you know this is being handled poorly.

2 Likes

Saw a video yesterday of someone who was able to transfer to CS and had both Horde and Alliance characters.

Blizzard is just burning their own ship.

Oh it for sure was badly communicated… as in, not at all.

I wont fight ya on that one for a min.

moronic, uninformed take. CB was just fine. Plenty populated without having to deal with Blizzard’s influencer/streamer friends. Then out of the blue our server is told its essentially closing down for whatever reason despite us not even being the least populated by a long shot. Oh then they opened transfers long enough for a ton of people to get their characters stuck in an unplayable purgatory. You shouldn’t speak on what you’re clueless about.

I have read on more than enough occasions on here and reddit ppl complaining for xfers off of CB because of how dead it is. its 1/15th the size of the other servers. They obviously do not intend to have tiny servers in vanilla anymore. Sorry bud

Yet we’re still doing just fine? I promise whoever said that is being dramatic because until transfers were opened for a short time we still had plenty going on. It’s populated enough that STV was still popping at midnight on a Tuesday a couple of days ago.

1 Like

The main argument I have seen was that people weren’t able to raid in the morning so that’s an indicator that CB was dying.

If that’s the case, CS is dying too because no one was in Gnomer when I looked this morning.

Chaos bolt was always on the clock for when it would be killed. It was a server created out of a wild situation with CS being locked due to the sheer # of players trying to play.

That puts it on the clock almost immediately. You need to understand by joining CB you are basically an extension of CS and will playing there at some point. Thats how i always understood it, but yes they probably should have done a better job explaining that.

See, this is a fairly reasonable argument. I understood at some point that servers populations are going to taper off. 100% expected.

The ISSUE IS, however, all the excuses being thrown at us make no sense if you apply the same logic to other servers with a WORSE position that is being applied to Chaos Bolt.

First of all, your math sucks. CS is about 8x the pop of CB, not 15. And what that means to me is that CS is 8x too big. It’s an absolutely absurd server population that should never have been allowed to exist. That’s not a server. There’s no community. I find it completely unplayable. Have to leave every chat channel. There’s bots everywhere. Horrible Layers destroying the world.

And CB is not a ‘tiny server’. It’s a perfectly healthy server population. It’s amazing how badly Megaservers have screwed peoples’ perception of reality.

Lastly…why do you care so much? You’re living in these threads, trolling people who don’t want to play on Megaservers. You realize that for some of us this is the complete opposite of the experience we want?

1 Like

I can envision a bunch of reasons why they chose CB specifically, duplicated server type, need to reprovision the hardware, saw disproportionate drops on CB but not LL. Just because we don’t know the reasons doesn’t mean there aren’t any.

Not sure why this is so confusing for everyone. Blizz wants to cut down a server to save $$ so they chose the least popular server.

They can’t pick lava lash because it’s PVE, they have a much easier time telling people on a PvP server “hey you have 2 options, a PVE option and a PVP option”. Can you imagine them closing lava lash and telling the population “hey you PVE players, now you HAVE to play on a PvP server”.

Also, they won’t be opening up transfers to other realms, these are the only RP servers. Its been a huge deal in every classic/SoM/SoD iteration to have an RP server type so blizz takes it seriously…

Chaos bolt will die, you have a choice of PVE or PVP. Simple

How about all the CS folks who like rppvp servers come to cb instead and then relabel cs a normal pvp server (as thats literally what it is)

why do we get to suffer because ofna mistake blizz made early on

That doesn’t save blizz any money, they don’t get to close down a server