Free Character Moves Extension Request Thread

Haven’t they been offering free transfers every weekend?

Just continuing their pattern/schedule. (As long as there are still significant realm population imbalances.)

Noooo ! No more on Heartseeker.

Oh, alright. Server is already ruined.

Hope they open some more soon.

They haven’t closed the free server transfers that they started from skeram / herod a few weeks ago until now, I don’t know where the misinformation for weekend only transfers came about.

These overcrowded servers feel like a busy hot tub at a montreal stripclub.

1 Like

I guess we’ll see what happens this weekend?

Let’s hope…

1 Like

They opened up the transfers 6 days ago right? Everyone keeps saying weeks, but the transfers were only available the 11th to the 16th right?

They need to contol the faction ratio during moves. Horde Dominated PvP servers are forcing Alliance to leave the horde dominated servers making the imbalance even worse.

Blizz,

It is my fault. I should have paid attention. I should have read the post fully instead of just the part I was interested in. There is no excuse I can give to why I missed it. You did a fine job, I did not.

I am asking for the company as a whole to do a solid move, and open it back up; even if it is just for one predetermined day in a few weeks, just to let those like me who screwed up redeem a bad decision to not pay attention.

Please blue, we have friends stuck in the wrong places, and we want to have this adventure together.

Thanks for considering it.

3 Likes

Sadly enough, because of pop stuff like this, I am playing with one of about 20 people I have played with for years because the initial pop stuff kinda ruined it. Nobody wants to give up a character they made it to 30 with. Its kinda sad really. The end of an era.

Really? I transferred to heartseeker over the weekend and while I’m enjoying it much more than Faerlina I think there is a lot of room for growth especially if we want longevity for years to come.

1 Like

This is exactly what I wanted to say. I waited til the last second like a fool. Queues are worse than ever on Whitemane and I don’t even enjoy the experience. Only waited because I was hoping my guild/friends would see the light and decide to move. But now I feel like I’ve made a huge mistake by not taking advantage of the server transfer.

Blizzard, please consider an extension.

2 Likes

For people talking about the Earthfury population…I did the Census Addon on both Alliance/Horde on Earthfury yesterday two different times. Total server scans. Here were my results (9/16):

At 12:30pm CST:
Online Horde: 669
Online Alliance: 578

At 6:35pm CST:
Online Horde: 1,235
Online Alliance: 1,106

By the time I made the decision to transfer it was already too late. My fault for not seeing the cutoff, but I’d love an extension so I can transfer.

2 Likes

Be nice if we could get a indication of whether more transfers will happen this week or not.

1 Like

Yes please open the transfers to the same realms again for at least a weekend to allow the rest of our guild to transfer! It seems like many people would rather unsub than reroll on a new server! We all just want to play with our friends because that’s what mmos are for, and we know you can just flip the switch to make us all happy again blizz.

We transferred successfully. But.

Our guild leadership was watching the forums and knew about the transfers ahead of time. The guild leaders rerolled on the new server and got the guild charter signed before transfers opened. We only had 10 people in the guild. And still, still, a couple people got left behind when the transfers closed for the first week.

I can’t imagine how much of a nightmare this would have been for a 200 person preraiding guild, especially if they didn’t know about the transfers until they were already open.

For the overpopulated servers and the new servers created to accept transfers from them, like Herod/Earthfury, the target servers have barely gotten off the ground. They really need to open those transfers for another two weeks - and have the deadline date known two weeks ahead, rather than doing it only one week at a time.

1 Like

Yeah, I almost missed the deadline with my group.

The problem is if any problems occur while everyone is transferring you can really get screwed.

What happened to me, when my server was being ddos’d, I bought out a few items in the auction house that appeared to never go through.
1 week later, I am trying to transfer off the server… and I couldn’t… it saying I have active auctions…when I don’t.

Wasn’t until Blizzard restarted the servers Monday morning where I actually saw the item in the mail… and week after I bought it.

And the transfers ended later that day… I came really close to being stranded.

1 Like

Still no blue post? Can we get a rapid response to this issue that clearly alot of people are having trouble with? I’m interested in playing but we need these Free Character Transfers extended a little longer. Please respond.

3 Likes

Would love to get a response to this thread. I have spoken to two reps, who really have expressed the appropriate sympathy, but are unable to respond to the request.

I will pay the transfer amount, I will re-sub for a year, basically anything to get my stranded friend onto our server. It is lonely on a server with a huge Q and no friends.

2 Likes