Free Character Moves Extension Request Thread

I totally agree! Please give more time for transfers- we need to get out of Stalaag!!! Now that our characters are high enough level, the areas we need to go to are contested and I am sick of getting ganked by ?? level miscreants while trying to finish simple quests. My friends want to go to another server with me, and we are ready to roll! Please make character transfer a thing for Classic- free or paid. Playing this way is no longer fun.

Been in queue 45 mins. Since I got off work late today. It started at 5k down to just under 3k on Herod. Please re open them.

2 Likes

3k+ queue on Stalaag once I got home. Please turn transfers back on or let us know what your plan is so we know what we should do with our characters/realms.

4 Likes

I absolutely agree, some of my guild transferred at the last minute not realizing it was about to end and the window closed with about half of us still needing to move over. There was very little transparency on the end date.

You act like everyone on WoW reads the forums. I know I’ve never looked at this s*** until I was trying to figure out what happened to transfers. It should have been posted within the game next to the notification telling you to transfer, pure and simple.
I don’t understand why people need to go bashing people that missed the opportunity to migrate.

5 Likes

How has this not been fixed yet, they can’t be unaware of such a colossal mistake and the amount of people mad about it. I guess since they already got our 3 month subs we can shove off.

This truly is unacceptable.

Can blizzard not figure out how to put a deadline on the stupid BNET app classic wow page? Really scummy business practice.

3 Likes

Just open up paid transfers already…

1 Like

Yes please, wasn’t aware of the end date. Paid or extension, it doesn’t matter.

1 Like

I support this.

1 Like

How did you guys screw yourselves

The issue with those caught in the cold on the transfers is simple, some people don’t have personal lives that are conducive to trying to log in between the hours of 4am to 4pm. Herod had queues starting around 3pm most days and you can’t transfer characters with mail in the box, so, it was wait out the queue, quit work, not feed your kids, walk your dogs, whatever, to be able to get in in time to do the move mail, sell, get ready to transfer. Sat the 14th, there were 2+hour queues starting at 10am, and those exceeded 5 hours all day after. Sunday, queues started around 11am. I was lucky I got my transfer done. Many who couldn’t juggle their IRL schedules to allow for WOW were not so fortunate.
Blizzard, don’t tarnish the experience by forcing your customers who have been so excited for this by splitting communities.

2 Likes

Still no reply? With the number of posts and threads popping up, this should be something that is seriously considered.

1 Like

September 11 to 16.

I really don’t think 6 days was enough to gather information on the new server you’re moving to, discussing it with friends/guilds, having them agree to it, and then starting the logistics of transferring.

Not to mention that Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Monday were workdays with half of the time to work things out, seriously?

2 Likes

All I want is guidance from Blizzard on what they intend to do. If transfers are done, I won’t bother continue trying. If they are coming (paid or free) I’ll suffer through a few weeks of not being able to login at night. Either way just communicate with us what to expect, all we are asking for.

1 Like

Another possibility is that they might have to delay free transfers while they finish investigating the exploiters and where all their stuff went.

They probably don’t want destination realms’ economies to get messed up because players transferred there with ill-gotten gold/items/mats.

1 Like

Very possible, would just be nice if they’d communicate this or what their transfer plans are so people can plan.

I tried to tell my friends that this would happen and they chose to stay because it was a “full” server. Yeah, Full of horde while we were alliance and the imbalance was getting worse every day.

No, no there was an end date with a time for quite awhile.

1 Like

I would send mine in a heartbeat with a paid transfer. I would be so happy.