Forum System needs change: Forum ID system

there was discussion in this thread about the bnet showing all your characters - like D3. I am not sure what your point of linking that was then if you weren’t suggesting that.

although now I look at your link again, it might be that you can hide your profile there just like this forum.

This already exists.

This is how the MVPs work. This is how the “private forums” during every testing cycle works (that are separate from the PTR and Beta forums).

I’ve already stated that MVPs as a whole should be revamped, and include both people selected by devs alone (essentially as the current MVP system works), and another set of MVPs voted on by the playerbase and final say of who gets in relies on the CMs all the same (again, as the curent MVP system works).

Yeah harassment is going to exist regardless, but switching to Btag and choosing one character that shows up on your Btag’s profile picture when posting (so it’s always the BTag in the name, never the character) would prevent people from switching as easily.

Regardless, they’re making good changes to in-game reporting and ignore systems so a lot of the issues are fixed with account-wide ignore mechanisms.

It was a question.

maybe that is why the game is so bad then and I really don’t agree with any of that.

testing something

You said it did not happen on other Blizz forums so I linked it to show that was untrue, that Blizz has Btag linked to not just a single char, but all the chars or account progress for the other forums.

I am not suggesting that WoW do that. I was pointing out that it IS done elsewhere without harm.

For WoW, I would not suggest ever having a Btag show all the alts. Just put the Btag after the char name of the alts people CHOOSE to make public. Ones you don’t want public should not be public.

Not really. You can disable the quick link, but you can’t actually hide the Diablo 3 profile. Anyone can still bring it up.

OOOH. I am not green. Not green I am! Well that is not something I have ever tested. Old forums Green was at the Bnet account level. MVPs could not turn it off no matter where they posted or how. New forums apparently are char level.

2 Likes

there was discussion in this thread about the bnet showing all your characters - like D3. I am not sure what your point of linking that was then if you weren’t suggesting that.

although now I look at your link again, it might be that you can hide your profile there just like this forum.

I think this is a step to far though. I like mirasols idea better. People only see your character if you share on on the forum although I have an even better idea. One indentity, but you can change characters that display on the forum. People only know of the character if you have it displayed, but people always know your global indentity.

That is what I was suggesting :slight_smile: I want to keep the char avatar and transmog fun. Just the Btag after it needs to be where the trust levels, likes/reports, and ignore are. So people only know your alts if you post with them and make them public like I am now.

Of course, this char has no posting trust level because my permissions are at the char level, so I have to start all over if I want to earn linking permissions or something.

1 Like

yes and that was because last time I was on there, it actually didn’t do that. It was changed since I was on there last.

I don’t see how it would be any different what you are suggesting then exists now. So I make a trial character - turn off show account wide achievements and then don’t log in with it again and hide profile - and the forum adds Dedeyn - bnet #34555

Mirasoul. Clever spin on the original name for a warlock.

1 Like

idc either way i come and go quite often but i sure aint coming here if my btag is shown to many weirdos here as proven with these responses. i switch toons all the time but i sure dont hide nothing and yes i get in trouble alot for dumb stuff but no harassment or flat mean stuff but ive seen more weird stuff going on here than i do in game in the last couple months i came back here pass on that bnet.

1 Like

You may not have been aware of it, but it was there. I have been a Diablo MVP since 2013 (ugh…where did time go?). I am the only one left. I am very very familiar with how the Diablo forums work. It is one of my roles to help people use them and answer questions about them.

Unless you mean back in Vanilla - in which case we did not have Profiles on the website yet. I don’t recall those being around at release. They have been there many years now though.

it has me with 1 post - I made lots more posts on that forum than that, so I don’t know when it changed.

I really don’t see any advantage to any of this. It just makes it easier to target people to harass them as far as I can see.

It isn’t a big concern if people respond to themselves, if they feel the need then why do others care? Blizzard isn’t going to listen to a bad idea and implement it just because a handful of characters post they like it.

July 2019 is when Diablo 3 migrated to this new Discourse forum software. It reset all the post counts, history, and everything. Same as when WoW migrated the forums in 2018.

They first rolled out this Discourse forums software with OW then one game at a time after that. Diablo was one of the last to migrate.

That is why you don’t have post history though, you were not around after migration much. I had over 40k posts and have like 4k now or something. Post count used to also be tied to Bnet accounts and crossed the games so my post count here would be the same as there. Now the forums are separated so each one has its own Trust levels, ignore list, etc.

1 Like

lol behold, OP was buried because it bothers people, not because it violates anything at all, let alone “inappropriate”

proving my entire point, and guaranteeing someone employed by blizzard will see it

1 Like

Obvious misuse of the reporting system is very commonplace here, something should really be done about it. Something needs to be done about this whole forum anyway, your suggestions would be great.

1 Like

Yeah but it means a Forum Moderator in Texas sees it and unhides it. They don’t collect feedback or pass it on.

1 Like

Which is yet another problem, you’d think Forum Moderators would have the power to maybe pass along good ideas to CMs since usually the most-reported threads have the more “interesting” ideas (good or bad)

This isn’t a new idea, nor is it a good one. Blizzard learned how bad of an idea it was originally already.

It’s not about showing real names. You should go back and read it.

1 Like

This has nothing to do with the Real ID system, quite literally I am emphasizing implementing mechanisms to prevent harassment carrying over into the game

1 Like