Forum changes - do we need a forum wipe?

I’m not “spamming”, and your definition of “jumping on” differs from mine. You’re the one that started off combative.

You’re probably right about people using it as a dislike, but like I said…we don’t know that. The mods can’t consider something that they don’t know for a fact. Your belief that someone only flagged a post just because they disliked what was said would be extremely difficult to prove, thus they can only go by certain definitions and under certain circumstances when applying moderation.

2 Likes

You literally copied and pasted the same thing you said within two posts, I would not call that a reminder, that’s closer to spam.

And I define that as a fun way to prove your post wrong, not combative.

Just admit that alt flagging is false flagging and be done with it.

They actually elaborated on that part to show it is a problem.

And in my opinion.

A problem that could easily be remedied with having accounts linked to a Btag. All likes, flags, post history. All linked to a single account. If player character A flags someone’s post then player character B is unable to flag that same post because the account has already done so.

If Player character A is ignored, then Player Character B is also ignored.

We don’t need to see the Btag for those concerned about that. But players would be held more accountable for their actions.

5 Likes

Yeah, I’m just gonna go ahead and chalk this up to reading comprehension issues along with a really strong need to be right about everything on your behalf. Alt flagging was pretty much covered with the last bit of my first post you chose to have fun with instead of read, and further elaborated on in one of my “spam” posts, re- the same people flagging the same post repeatedly - it just wasn’t the specific focus of my post overall.

How about instead you admit you were snarky about something you didn’t comprehend at the time and have just been trying to save face ever since?

4 Likes

That’s good to know then.

I don’t see the elaboration on the post I originally commented on have anything to do with alt flagging.

I understand it was not the focus of this reply you posted, but you did say there is no such thing as a false flag. Snarky or not, I did point out that there is indeed something that would fall under a false flag.

If we had account wide forum stuff, most of the “issues” people are talking about here, wouldn’t be issues.

6 Likes

Maybe that’s a change for WARTHIN>??

Glares at the gnome

2 Likes

… why are we talking about an anticoagulant here?

5 Likes

I thought it was a tumor.

1 Like

I’ll say it again - you didn’t read it very well. I said in that regard - meaning that mods say false flagging doesn’t exist in the context of the person I was replying to said they did. I’m not exactly sure how more clearly I can say that without being accused of spamming again.

Understanding what you’re reading before you reply is a wonderful skill.

1 Like

It’s always nice to return to threads like this and see the same people are reinforcing why account wide options in all aspects for the WoW forums need to exist and be brought up to the same basic standards as all the other Blizzard forums.

10 Likes

Always the same 5 people. lol

i would agree with that, showing the names of the posters that reported posts would help to reduce the amount of false flags that occur.

1 Like

No, as that opens people up to retaliation.

4 Likes

Soon a certain poster will chime in with his same remarks about “there’s no such thing as a false flag” and then he’ll link a post from a blue.

i think it cannot be argued that it is not a false flag if the same post gets flagged and hidden multiple times after being restored.

1 Like

Like, what would be the purpose other than “omg false flags oh my god I knew you did it!”

Just no.

no more push for anonymity?

11 Likes