Forum changes - do we need a forum wipe?

You have a history of being non-constructive and it’s why you keep your profile hidden. You enjoy acting this way. It’s odd. You do you I suppose.

5 Likes

It is best to ignore them. Only replying to them is giving them the attention they are seeking. The sooner people stop replying to them, the sooner they’ll just stop trolling the forums.

6 Likes

ya but in t’s case u had to tell ppl to dont say jack. you know how ppl are ayu
you got to tell them sometimes they can’t see for themselves when it is a trap lol

1 Like

Forum changes Vongola#1794 is requesting:

Account wide ignores so we can ignore one time instead of 30.

• Someone who is ignored should not be able to see our profile.
  • Someone who is ignored should not be able to reply to us.
  • We shouldn’t be notified when someone who is ignored replies to us.

Battle Tags or Usernames so people can’t switch to a different character pretending to be a different person.

• Let us choose a username or use our BTag to tie all of our characters to our account.
  • Trust level is now account wide but is taken back down to 0 if you get banned.
  • We can still change characters, but our btag/username will show underneath the character.

Forum themes so we can customize our viewing experience.

• A simple little drop down at the bottom of the page to let us change the color or choose a theme from various expansions.

A friend’s list so we can easily connect with people.

• Adding DMs lets us make friends without having to add them in game or on discord.
  • Privacy settings lets us choose to block all requests/messages or let anyone send us a request/message.

A taco tuesday thread that opens up on tuesday.

• People are free to discuss tacos, share recipes and post pictures of tacos but only on tuesday.
  • Every other day, the thread is locked.

Dislikes so people can show they don’t support a post without flagging it.

• In my experience, some people use the flagging system as a dislike system. Adding dislikes can help solve this.

Unlimited likes to help spread positivity and encouragement!

• The fact that we run out of likes is a problem because people end up spamming just to say they agree because they can’t like.
  • There’s no downside, in my opinion, for unlimited likes.

Allow cussing because we are all adults and this game isn’t for kids.

• I personally see nothing wrong with cussing so long as it’s not aimed at another person.
  • I’ve seen posts with important messages be removed just because of ONE cussword.
  • 99% of this community are adults and this game is rated T for Teen. Teens tend to cuss more than adults do.
  • Let the sailors be free.

Trust levels displayed under our character portrait.

• If you add a progress bar (like a level bar), people won’t bother the mods so much about asking if they are close to level 3 c:
  • Each level could get their own little emoji or symbol to represent that level.
  • Tier three could also get more benefits like setting their own title to appear beside their trust level.

Armory update button so we can force the system to update our mogs.

• Currently, the system is very finicky. For some, it takes weeks to update while others can get it to update multiple times in one day.
  • Places like PSN Profiles has an update button that tells the system to pull the latest information. Something like this would be cool for the armory.
  • A restriction would be needed to keep things from getting overwhelmed. Once an hour seems fine.

Thanks for coming to my taco talk :taco:

6 Likes

Where?

in t’s topic’s but i dont want to continue talking about this really anymore since its nothing now

Hmm, apparently it’s a bad idea to repeat what the OP wants to do. Guess I’ll put this thread on mute then.

So… just your headcanon, then.

you mean to tell me they were ontopic? lol kk

3 Likes

Most of the people who would leave either don’t understand what a battletag actually is or they are trolls who will be exposed by their battletag.

In that case, good. The whole point of adding battletags is to reduce trolling and make the community better. I hope they do leave.

Please show me a single thread in GD with more than 10 replies where there isn’t a single off topic post.

I’ll wait.

5 Likes

that is a very good point, yes.

1 Like

I don’t think the OP mentioned b-tags at all so I’m not sure why it keeps being brought up. If people want their own b-tag topic then go make one.

1 Like

there really is no reason to do that anymore, honestly.

1 Like

Right… And do you have any official evidence to say a majority of “goers” doesn’t want BattleTags on the forums?

1 Like

No, I mean to tell you you don’t actually know why the thread was locked.

1 Like

/links the magical thread that never existed.

There you go :rofl:

2 Likes

yes and that is exactly why i believe we should remove gifs from the forums - currently many threads are being derailed because of gifs and the forums would be better off without them.

the goal here is to clean up the forums, so yes - when you provide evidence that many threads have off-topic posts, that really just supports OP’s proposition that there should be a forum wipe.

I can get behind everything mentioned in your post except for this. As long as no cursing/foul language is in the CoC for the game I feel the forums should reflect that personally.

8 Likes

im talking about that topic specifically but even then if ppl found
the posts offtopic on other things then ppl will just report em just not
many are that up and up abt gif posts or chatter, some are.
idky ppl r suddenly being kinda aggressive.

edit: also a lot of topics in classic forums are ontopic, its much less so on retail forums

1 Like

If they believe that then I’ve got some ocean front property in Arizona to sell and if they act now I’ll throw in the Golden Gat for free