Forum changes - do we need a forum wipe?

Back onto the topic (forum changes) if someone is suspended on the forum, it should always lead to some kind of in game punishment. I know there’s already some one off instances but if someone gets a perma ban around here, should go to in game too.

Should also be if you’re suspended in game or banned you can’t post unless it’s in the CS forum.

3 Likes

Depending on which rule was broken and how severe.

4 Likes

i would agree, it would go a long way to make a positive change if the sorting was better.

1 Like

Whatever is on the forum reflects into the game environment. Least that’s the way I see it

If someone is suspended for a month on the forum well month in the game too and visa versa. Banned for a month in the game can’t use the forums for a month.

1 Like

As I said, depending on the rule and severity of it. If someone is just being an outright troll, I don’t think punishments should carry over. But stuff like harassment, hate speech, racism, should be carried across to the entire BNet account, and then more worse things such as real life threats should close the entire BNet account.

3 Likes

I was just going for simplicity sake of a mirror so it can be by system but I get what you mean too.

1 Like

well my main example of non-constructive posts are gifs.

i made a suggestion that the forum should be wiped and then rules changed to not allow gifs.

that would remove all the non-constructive gifs and then prevent further gifs from being posted, yes.

i will post my conclusion again since you insisted on asking me the same question multiple times, but in the future, i would suggest that you simply read through the thread to get a cursory idea of the posts.

so, in conclusion, wiping the forums would provide a benefit because there would be no more non-constructive gifs in threads which would help to create an atmosphere that fostered more productive discussion.

or archive this forum and move to a new one.
i dont even see the old forums anymore so i guess theyre gone for good which is a shame.
probably some really good info and stuff from way back in 2004.

1 Like

Would have also been an interesting comparison from the original vanilla to classic as we have it now.

1 Like

There’s no reason to wipe the entire forum database. It may be possible to remove GIF functionality on new posts easily, and then to retroactively strip GIFs from existing posts by way of a crafted SQL query, but that’s only if GIFs are 100% a problem. A GIF may be related to commentary in a post, and help others associate a post’s meaning better in some cases, but there is no way to constructively conclude 100% of GIF posts are non-constructive.

4 Likes

can you provide any examples of a gif posted on these forums that is constructive to the conversation of the thread and overall assists in creating a productive atmosphere for the conversation?

i have not yet seen one.

So you just want the ability to post gifs being removed?

Seems like an entirely different request

4 Likes

You’re shifting the burden of proof, otherwise known as the fallacy of an “appeal to ignorance.”

I’m not playing with that.

6 Likes

the gifs posted in this thread of draeneis and goats are not productive to this conversation regarding forum changes…

there, i’ve posted my examples.

you are free to post yours now.

I refuse. All you’ve done - here, and prior in the ignore thread - is use fallacy after fallacy to make your arguments.

10 Likes

Oh hey, it’s Lidiha! Haven’t seen you in a while, unless you’ve been on an alt. :cat:

3 Likes

both the old forums are gone for the good. the vanilla -wrath ones and the cata-legion ones.

Nah I’ve been here.

ok well if you don’t want to engage in a productive conversation that is certainly your choice.

i’ve provided my examples and you have not provided any evidence to refute that.

so i’m pretty much done here anyways.

i hope you have a wonderful day, my friend :slight_smile:

Is this the new unofficial forum changes thread now?

Account-wide ignore please.

7 Likes