Forum changes - do we need a forum wipe?

I can agree with this take. I need developers to actually respond to certain recommendations in the forums. The amount of bloat can be hard to sift through, I feel.

It looking like an achieve solution with a wipe is looking like the way to go.

1 Like

That’s not what the forums are for. Devs don’t come here to make responses. Devs come here extremely rarely. CMs will pass along things to them, that’s it.

(Edited, because we did have the dragonriding dev respond once.)

2 Likes

A dev coming in here to talk about forum changes would settle alot of conflict around here.

2 Likes

We… did?

I’m curious on that you got the link to that? I wanna read it :o

Two responses in this thread:

2 Likes

Awesome possum! Thank you!
:dracthyr_heart:

2 Likes

Replying to the title only (since the OP has been on ignore for a while now)

…No, we don’t need a wipe. We do need a few improvements though; Battletags amongst them as well as account-wide forum stuff.

7 Likes

Messed up within days, probably. But I don’t have much of a prob with the forums other than “trust levels” and boring topics. :stuck_out_tongue:

The need to replace our names with our social security numbers

1 Like

that was a joke, but i’ve seen that attitude here. there are posters who swear getting multiple pieces of negative feedback on an idea means it’s actually a single person swapping from alt to alt to stalk them somehow. there’s at least one poster here who swears snoz and i are the same person messing around on alts, which is an odd thing to think.

Kinda wild. Because customer support tells us to come to the forums because that’s the only way developers will see suggestions or complaints. Everything is a lie… :dracthyr_cry_animated:

a forum wipe wouldn’t be such a bad idea honestly.

1 Like

If you think it’s bad now you should have seen the flamepit it was fifteen years ago. There’s still annoyances, but nothing like there used to be when the average WoW player was an angsty teenager who had just discovered energy drinks.

1 Like

I don’t think a forum wipe is necessary. It might come up as part of a general forum overhaul? But the last time they did it they were pretty respectful of the fact that people might lose things that they wanted to preserve and gave a lot of advance warning.

If they did do another big forum platform change it might end up being necessary, but otherwise I don’t think they’d just erase all the discussion since the last forum overhaul to the Discourse platform on a whim, nor do I see how an “off-cycle” purge would help anyone except people who are deathly afraid that at some point, someone might find awful old posts of theirs and tie them to that person somehow.

2 Likes

In short, if someone makes a mess of the sheets and you change the sheets without making any other change, they will make a mess of the sheets again.

If they Thanos snapped individuals out of the forums instead of their posts, it would accomplish a lot more but as it stands, manipulative toxic behaviors are less ban-worthy than people getting angry and raging these days.

5 Likes

Users abusing the flag system.
Sockpoppets deciding to necro useless threads.
This place brims with misinformation.
There are tons of dead horses.

You wanna push the idea of battletags, Sendryn? I welcome it.
I would also LOVE a wipe.

1 Like

Does sounds like any wipe would need to have some kind of system change behind it to put better control on users intent on causing pure disruption.

1 Like

is this thread the new default thread for forum changes?

This would make account wide ignore easier and, hopefully, cut down on negative trolling.

Gru#1415

2 Likes