Forum battletage bullying

Lol… 'ok, but at least 2 - 3 times a month, easy. That one is definite. I think it would all even out though, in averages honestly, to be about once per.

I just give no cares. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Nah everyone loves a spicy little chunk muffin

1 Like

Depends on how it’s instituted on the forums. Does only your btag show and no character information? Or are you able to switch between characters but the btag always shows?

If it’s the former, then we would lose part of the mmo aspect of the forums. If it’s the latter, you have the potential to find any and all characters that I post with on class forums or classic forums.

Latter but most don’t care what toons a person posts on and want it that way for the reason and others like mog, show your class or race.

We don’t want it to track people but to silence entire accounts from our own personal view if we feel the person to be toxic.

3 Likes

So just make ignores account wide it’s an easy compromise that I can get behind

Yeah, sounds like you guys just want an ignore account feature actually.

1 Like

Guess what that3 what btags are and every other Blizz forum has it in place.

in my world, easter was yesterday.

…but happy easter if it’s the right day in your part of the world.

i raised this in at least one of the other threads…

i quoted a random poster in a random thread.
random poster flew off the handle about how i was stalking them and bullying them and harassing them, following them around picking on everything they said…
…but after having checked my post history, I’d never had any previous interaction with them.
it seems they forgot that they like to post from alts, and couldn’t keep track of their personas/puppets.

clearly i was causing them immense trauma by simply existing, yet this user was unable to ignore me across their account.

3 Likes

You do know this is a problem that only exist with the current “char-server” system.

You do know what a BTag is, do you? It is a public identity used for your Blizzard account, not an in-game achievement or battle pet

4 Likes

It’s not public. It’s a private identity that I can choose or not choose to share.

1 Like

Most of the WoW community does not know that the all the other Blizzard forums uses Btag, they don’t want to be caught abusing alts, and I bet some partaken in the T squad virus just for kicks and fear they might be caught being part of it.

People are afraid of the reveal of liking their own posts, talking to themselves, walking around ignores and attacking with alt army.

Heck, some people enjoy trolling and the only reason they are here.

I find this however interesting.

Right, but all I have to do is right click on your character frame and select “add Btag” in the menu, this is a thing in groups too.

3 Likes

It is public in game. No one has to add you to see your btag in game.

Wow is vastly different from any other blizzard game

1 Like

How? You can send a request in game, but I’m not aware of any way to view a players btag unless they add you.

1 Like

You don’t see my battletag when you send the request, you only see my character name. The only way you could get my btag is if I accept.

1 Like

Eh, no not really. It is a nickname you select to be publicly known by on Blizzard’s platforms. It is not private information.

A BattleTag™ is a player-chosen nickname that identifies your Battle.net account in our games, websites, community forums, and more. Only one BattleTag can be associated with a Battle.net account.

BattleTags do not need to be unique. You can use any name you want, as long as it follows our Naming Policy. Each BattleTag is assigned a numeric ID to create a unique identifier (for example, FallenSlayer#3592).

To change your BattleTag, log in to your Battle.net Account Details and click Update in the BattleTag section.

Note: Each Battle.net account is allowed one free BattleTag change.

If someone uses the Battletag friend request from in-game, they will see your Battletag as a pending request, until you accept or decline. Every single other Blizzard forum and game is based on the Battletag nickname.

That nickname does not reveal any of your actual personal information like your name, address, phone number, financial info, etc.

5 Likes

Ehhh. But it kind of is. You have no way of knowing what my battletag is right now. It’s known to me, blizzard and whoever I decide to share it with.

They will not see my battletag until I accept. The person who RECEIVES the request will see the person’s battletag, but not vice versa.

1 Like

The only reason anyone on these forums wants BattleTags is so that they can use it to win internet arguments.

It serves no other purpose.

2 Likes

I honestly don’t see the point of having the battletag as the username. Several mmos do the character name and server thing. If someone’s trolling just report them and let the mods handle it.

“It’ll reduce the trolling” So does reporting trolls. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Battle tag hers keep making the same bad faith argument

2 Likes