Forum Bans should carry over to In-Game Bans

Considering you have been posting troll threads for the past few days, do you really want forum discipline to carry over?

1 Like

probably rules for thee but not for me type of thing

3 Likes

Nope, things discussed here are usually not discussed in game.

And in game trolling is also a different set of bad.

I know I irritate folks here, but you would never know it was me if we met in game. Who knows, we may have.

Maybe after this thread gets silenced you should get silenced in-game as well.

:thinking:

7 Likes

Why are you so obsessed with policing the forums? Clearly by the likes on the post most people don’t care about trolls and aren’t immature enough to let words hurt them as much as you.

1 Like

No.

This is a bad idea.

1 Like

OP if that were the case you’d have been permanently banned a long time ago.

1 Like

worst take in the history of ever

ive seen articulate well thought out non aggressive posts be buried and peoole be banned because of GD hivemind

terrible terrible idea

I knew this was a troll thread the moment the OP mentioned RealID. RIP, the Great Real ID Debacle of 2010. Legend says it was almost as entertaining as the Great Flying Debacle of 2015.

P.S. We Gnomes is smrt.

1 Like

Permaban this troll already…

3 Likes

Ways to kill the game even faster for 1 plz…

How about no. Much of the bans and timeouts are stupid, and you’re leaving the community at the mercy of the forum mods for in game suspensions. Hard pass.

for what purpose? to have a couple hundred echo chamber lovers left in the game? I read the code of conduct just now. Technically this thread breaks it, but thats ok i know my post will be deleted just like my post in the OP’s referenced post where i refered to a person (no name) in a recent gender thread who was happy that people who disagreed with him will eventually die. But sure passive threats, spam alt hopping nonsense is all the vibe at the moment. Anyone who thinks that has no place in a game forum is apparently wrong, and OP believes they should be banned from gaming too?

maybe once this month is over and all the current hype subsides we’ll get back the proper moderation and this forum thats supposed to be about “all aspects of World of Warcraft” can get back to that, and less about people trying to stomp others down because they dont have the same real life preferences as them

2 Likes

And they wonder why people disregard everything they say.

coughed up me mocha on that :smiley:

Imagine someone other than you casually entering the forums on your computer, getting you banned, and next thing you know you can’t log into the game. I have no idea under what circumstances such a thing would actually happen but I think there’s a reason to keep them separated, I mean you can’t even really prove it’s the same person tbh.

How they act here and how they act in-game can be two entirely different things. I don’t think making forum bans hurt more is the answer here either. I got a 24 or a 48 late last year after talking a bit too precisely about weird internet fetishes. I think I deserved it, actually, but it didn’t impact my ability to play the game and if it had I’d been way more likely to ragequit or something. “Stupid forums got me banned from the game!” is not a sentence I’d like anyone to utter.

cool story bro

Ban them from being able to buy/sell/trade in real life. No medical privileges either.

2 Likes

You sound like a “sins of the parents should be burdened by the child” person.

I donʻt think this would be a good idea the way things stand now.

You can get a forum suspension for many things that have nothing to do with what you do in the game.

If it’s a case of one stemming from another - i.e. Someone got angry and said hateful things in the game then came to the forums to repeat that vitriol then maybe a tied punishment could work.

But things that have nothing to do with each other?
No. I think that is a Bad idea.

No.