Forsaken retake Undercity, Gilneans retake Gilneas, and Night Elves... get exiled from their homeland

No, just the ones who disagree with me and gaslight me :slight_smile:

That’s great, but I never said you did. You’re using them as proxies to say your argument is the correct one.

You’re still using them as proxies. And by trying to disprove a point I never made, you’re still engaging in gaslighting behavior.

You’re using them. As proxies. For your argument.

My actual words.

I’m not going to be swayed to believe lies, sir. Argue in good faith.

2 Likes

Turns out we’re all in a League together, actually.

The League of Evil Gaslighting Forum Users Against Mithaelar (TLEGFUA for short).

All of us happen to be the ones who disagree with you, and we’re all here to gaslight you!

Quick Mithaelar! Hide! The League is coming!

Fortify your house! The League of evil forum users are out to make you feel like you’re crazy!

I know they’ve already explained that they’re not doing that, and you’re just intentionally misunderstanding what they’re saying but just ignore it!
That must be gaslighting too, surely!

Except they weren’t agreeing with you.

In T&E’s case they were quoting ‘people from the forums’, whom they characterized as babies (their image not mine).

And in Doronsmovies’ case he’s showcasing what the ‘community’ thinks of it…
And of course, as I said before:

1 Like

If you look at the page I sent the screenshot from, it says using proxies is “enlist[ing] others to validate their false narratives or discredit the victim”.

At no point is me saying “Hey look, other people think the same thing, so I’m not the only one, and I’m not crazy” the same thing as “Hey look, other people think the same thing so you’re wrong.”

And if you’re not referring to the screenshot I included, I’m curious why you used the same verbiage to describe what I’m doing.

Nah, because there are people I can point to in this very thread who disagree and also don’t gaslight me.

There’s a clear difference between what Madhornir has been saying throughout this conversation and what you’ve been saying. He disagrees but doesn’t extend that disagreement into calling me crazy, saying I’m the only one who believes it, or saying I’m over-reacting.

Woah, that’s exactly what I said earlier in the other thread:

Suppose I’m a gaslighter because…
I said assuming that all Nelves were going to mass-exodus Kalimdor was incredibly easy to not do?

This is only going to keep devolving, they’re very entrenched in their position. You don’t need this drama. :heart:

I will just say that you are both right in a way.

Its all about presentation, way back when, BFA made me lose my god-damn mind. Over the years from patch to patch it was just more salt on the open wound. Sometimes I wish never did or said the things I said back then but anyway everyone was and is still frustrated.

We have all discussed what should have and could have happened from BFA until the current patch. Every time Blizzard could have dug themselves out, they dug themselves in deeper. For player’s that were completely done with the whole story the act of digging was enough to just end it there. For others more involved they were losing their mind because we were in deeper than we were before or if we are being generous we just dug a little deeper and filled the hole just as much.

What Dragonflight is doing is building a lid on the hole.
They didn’t fix it, they didn’t fill it, they put a lid on it. Some people like it, some people don’t (OP) and some people would have preferred a nicer looking lid (me). A custom job with colors and stainless steel so it wouldn’t rust.

I don’t think anyone is looking at Amirdrassil thinking “gee that was totally worth the BFA & SL experience and the 4+ year wait”. Some would have preferred the hole filled…

I think when this world saga is over, Xbox and Blizzard have something huge planned for WoW. I find it curious we are in Northrend in the last expansion… what’s happening there that we need to be away from the rest of Azeroth. My theory is a complete world revamp.
My theory is they are working on this huge update right now as we speak or in the planning phase of it. It will take years to complete but that’s what’s coming.
And when it comes out it will be what Vanilla was for us for a new generation of players… and Blizzard probably hopes that this can beat whatever MMO RIOT games is building right now.

Holy crap… I did not mean to make a long winded speech but I guess I do go on…

3 Likes

You literally were claiming they agreed with you, IE supporting your false narrative. Stop trying to shift goalposts about what I said. It won’t work.

I literally said YouTubers.

So. Whenever you’re ready to have an honest discussion, where you don’t try to gaslight me, I’ll be waiting.

2 Likes

My concern and interpretation of the story isn’t a false narrative. A false narrative is something that’s entirely fabricated for the sake of misleading others. I am stating what I think about the story as I understand it.

If you think that’s a false narrative, that I made the entire thing up with no evidence, and my feelings about it are entirely fabricated, what does that mean?

Let me ask you this: Do you think my concerns and interpretation of what I’ve seen are valid?

No joke, when I heard they had doubled (or tripled? Or more?) the development team and were working on the next three expansions, my mind immediately went to “so after Last Titan, WoW becomes WoW 2?”

And it’s not just Northrend in LT. We’re also going up to the north of the Eastern Kingdoms, which I think I heard they’re putting on the regular EK map. And that whole area’s getting redone and modernized. Combine that with refreshed Gilneas and Undercity, and it sounds more likely we get the full old world modernized revamp post-World Soul Saga.

Anyway, I’ve had enough negativity for one day and dished out my own share. I’m’a go back to not doing that now.

1 Like

Thats the first I am hearing of this

Something gigantic for sure. Xbox just bought the damn thing, they want to milk this cashcow for years to come. And Riot is building something huge, Valorent has already killed OW. Is Blizzard going to let Riot kill the one remaining game they have?

Maybe try keeping that tone in the future instead of the troll posts

I could be very mistaken about that. I think it was in Preach’s interview with Ion, but it very easily could be me having heard one thing and translated it in my brain into another.

Well, I stopped responding to you earnestly when it became clear responding to you with anything against your twisted doomer narrative was useless.

And when it became clear that everyone else was saying the same things and you’d just brush it off with a simple ‘no’ with no real further engagement or reasoning why.

I also don’t disagree with what I said before.

Night Elves suck and you suck.

I’ve pointed to the story presentation (mostly dialogue) in 10.2 (and other points in DF) countless times as to why.

Haven’t seen what you’ve pointed to in regards to that. But you flat out lied about Exploring Kalimdor to validate your victim complex.

Are we still arguing over if the Kaldorei are leaving Kalimdor? Even though it’s been debunked with the pictures from the PTR on this very forum?

2 Likes

Can you point to where I lied? Because when I referenced Exploring Kalimdor, I included direct screenshots of the pages.

As for the other dialogue, I’ve pointed to several lines in 10.2 as seeming like the Night Elves are nothing without Amirdrassil.

In one of the intro quests for the Emerald Dream zone, Tyrande asks why the Druids of the Flame are attacking. Without a direct quotation handy at the moment she basically says “Why are they denying us a home?”

Malfurion and Tyrande call it home multiple times in the questline where he gets sent to Ardenweald.

The quests after the raid have various NPCs saying things like “The dragons restored their oaths and now they’ve restored a people”

Night Elf NPCs call it “our home” multiple times.

You stated that the kaldorei were not in control of dark shore nor Ashenvale when the book plainly and succinctly decrees that they have absolute control of dark shore and control all of Ashenvale save for splinter tree post and the lumber camp. Simultaneously they are invading azshara and the barrens.

1 Like