Forsaken preference

They work culturally why you think there was a park district they both use the light they both want to be left alone and they both fight for peace and to protect Azeroth humans and nelves are more a pair in wow Than dwarves that they don’t use every single time there’s a quest about mixed alliance forces there’s a human footman and a nelf archer

Ladies, ladies… calm down.

3 Likes

I don’t even know how some one starts to think like this I think elesana has done more for fourms nelf relations than any other poster

Let me point out that this thread is being completely dismantled by a particularly passionate nelf fan, and Kat, who should just be playing a human at this point.

Perhaps that is part of the problem as well, Nelf players often argue with eachother. The vagueness of nelf lore allows for contradicting interpretations of their culture.

Dismantling, I am just sick of the factions. I hate the Alliance an the Horde at this point.

Just because one nation has an embassy to the other, doesn’t mean they have a compatible culture. There also hasn’t been a park district for a long time.

So do Undead, and Tauren, and Trolls, and Blood Elves… Hell, so do Mag’har orcs.

The light is a force that can be found in most cultures… The Holy Light is a human religion that Night Elves do not follow.

The Kaldorei want to be left alone, Stormwind actively engages in espionage and spycraft with the Horde.

So does the Horde… This isn’t a matter of culture, this is a matter of survival.

You are delusional.

And probably a steam tank… that’s the trope. Just because they are fighting a common enemy has nothing to do with their cultural compatibility.

Since you like WW2 comparisons so much… UUSR and United States.

Seriously.

The Undercity will always hold a special place in my memory. I found WoW about the same time my parent’s moved and I was in a new school district. I had a hard time fitting in and spent more than a healthy amount of time in Azeroth as a preteen. Every part of the UC has a memory attached but the Apothecarium still makes me laugh. It’s embarrassing to admit but I used to imagine dragging my bullies down to those twisted labs for childish power fantasies where I’d extract my definition of justice. It was nice to revisit it in Legion when I rejoined WoW and think about how far I’d come.

I don’t really have a one for one comparison to seeing it destroyed. Feels somewhere below looking at pictures of a long gone family pet but above seeing a favorite childhood restaurant or other establishment get demolished. It’s weird having memories weaved in to a game’s code but that’s just where we’re at.

And that’s why I scoff at some Nelf posters. The Undercity was something that gave me a sense of relief from a bad run as a child, somewhere I felt I belonged and I legitimately believe Teldrassil did the same to others posting here. It was an enclave to avoid something we needed to hide from IRL.

That’s why I’ve solidarity with Nelf fans. I don’t know what it meant to them personally but it clearly meant something if it’s loss caused such a reaction. But when people say ‘So what you lost a sewer’ it certainly makes it harder to sympathize.

16 Likes

Just FYI another reason people dislike the Night Elf fanbase is their constant and arbitrary gatekeeping over who is and is not a true fan.

The amount of times I’ve been told I don’t actually like Night Elves cause I didn’t agree with every insane suggestion someone made is too many to count.

9 Likes

I do like the Undercity… I have said this before, the Forsaken are my fav Horde race. I loved Sylvanas before BfA, and defended some of her more questionable actions for awhile. Can’t really do that anymore.

However, I think Teldrassil is a significantly worse loss, not just by the brutality of it, not just by loss of life, but for reasons I listed in another thread.

And now your gate keeping. Not a true nelf, just like valko pointed out

And lol USSR and USA, the nelves and stormwind are more like britian and the USA

Uh huh.

Now you’re getting it.

Remember what I said earlier in the thread about how people would just prove my point for me and I didn’t even have to really do much?

This is that part.

6 Likes

It’s only like 3 people though.

5 Likes

At this point there’s only like 20 people on these forums anymore, so that’s actually a decent chunk.

10 Likes

You will follow this demon? I will not! I follow a true Orc! A chieftain.

1 Like

Valko will always just declare himself right, and continue to gaslight anyone who disagrees. I wouldn’t bother.

1 Like

Are you going to mass report me too now that you’ve got Kat out of the way, Aki?

PS: Look up gaslighting in a dictionary please.

9 Likes

Do you not see how inflammatory that statement is? In both cases I feel Blizzard basically snapped a childhood toy in front of us. And instead of being mad at them we’re arguing over who liked their broken toy more.

12 Likes

Well to be fair you can still ghost walk into the Undercity. Teldrassil was just wiped off the map entirely. But yeah I agree, Undercity meant things to Forsaken fans and Teldrassil meant things to Night Elf fans. Thankfully we have Classic WoW where we can experience these places before the dumpster fire of BfA.

IMO, this. But Nelf players tend to be a bit more passionate and expressive (and vengative) than sad resigned Forsaken. Thus they get more unwanted attention.

2 Likes

I don’t. I think I made it very clear why Teldrassil is significantly worse.

And yeah, this is kind of the way things are. Which is unfortunate, we direct our frustrations at each other instead of Blizzard, who are the ones who actually deserve it.

Though, I still think while Forsaken fans have a right to be upset, nelf fans have a right to be absolutely livid. The comparison of loss isn’t so much to invalidate Forsaken issues, but to help understand why nelf players are frothing at the mouth angry.

Edit: and why Nelf RP is near non-existent at this point in time.

How much of this is your personal bias’ to the night elves? While the Night Elves have been constantly crapped upon, the forsaken have had their themes be trimmed and trimmed until it was really just 2 things Sylvanas, and Undercity. We lost both of those things this expansion. I feel that makes it ok for forsaken to be livid as well. Sure you could feel that nelves have been undergoing this for longer, but Forsaken players are basically aimless now. We were forced to be the ones to destroy out themes, forced to kill our own NPCs, forced to help Sylvanas blow up undercity, forced to help the rebellion overthrow Sylvanas. Even if you side with Sylvie, you lack the ability to truly not do those things, as the plot railroads you into it.

I think Forsaken players have just as much right to be Livid with the storytelling as night elves, as they basically lost everything in the span of a year and a half, and unlike night elves they have to be the ones to destroy their own things.

4 Likes